Welcome to my ABC Holiday 2019 Series! We are coming near the end of this series; however, I will have more ABC fun to come! Stampin’ Up!’s Tags, Tags, Tags, set is XO-llent for several holidays (Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day) as well as any time you want to send a bit of love! I shared some projects I made with this bundle previously. You can check them out HERE. Today’s project is for my daughter.
My daughter’s birthday was last week and it was one she’ll never forget! She’s a senior at Georgia Tech so we were not together to celebrate this year. She had scheduled to take her GRE exam on the morning of her birthday. (Crazy right?!) After the exam she was traveling by Uber back to her dorm when a car ran a stop sign, hit the van she was in (which flipped over), and caused it to hit another car. I was on the road driving to Massachusetts when I got the dreaded phone call that she had been in an accident and was on her way to the hospital by ambulance. I am so very thankful that aside from being badly bruised, very sore, and a few cuts, she is fine. Thank goodness she was wearing her seatbelt! Her guardian angel was watching over her!!! (Thank you Sister Corda!!!) Here’s a picture of the van she was in.
Yesterday she got the results from the graduate exams she took that morning and she knocked it out of the park! I thought she would appreciate some “Hugs & Kisses” along with a gift certificate to celebrate!
Here’s the details for this “sweet” gift card holder:
Materials & Measurements (Special thanks to BJ Peters for the dimensions!)
- Poppy Parade: 6 3/4″ x 10 1/4″. Score on the long side at 2 3/4″, 5 1/4″, 6 1/2″, 7 1/2″, 8 3/4″, 9 3/4″. Score on the short side at 1″ and 5 3/4″. 1 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ to adhere candy.
- Christmastime is Here Specialty Designer Series Paper: 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.*Optional: 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (for the back)
- Whisper White: scrap to stamp and cut tag, 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2 (for back)
- Gold Foil: scrap to cut heart die
- Window Sheet: 1 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon: ~ 18″ to wrap box and tie a bow
- Poppy Parade Textured Weave Ribbon” ~ 3″ for tag. Tie with Whisper White Baker’s Twine.
- Cut the small rectangles off along the bottom on both sides. Cut the long sides along the score line as shown below. Snip the tabs on both sides in to the score line. Use the Stitched Rectangle Die to cut an opening in the center as shown.
- Fold and burnish along the score lines except the second one from the top. *That score line was just to mark where to cut the sides.
- Adhere DSP to the top panel then cut a half circle using the 1″ Circle Punch. Flip over and add Liquid Glue along the top and side (that is opposite from the punched circle). Fold over to adhere.
- Adhere window sheet on inside with snail adhesive. Add Tear & Tape (or Liquid Glue) along the bottom strip. Fold over to adhere along the base of the DSP.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White with Poppy Parade Ink. Cut with Trio of Tags Dies. Thread Poppy Parade ribbon through hole and tie with Whisper White Baker’s Twine. Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut heart die from Gold Foil Scrap and adhere to tag with Mini Glue Dot,
- Adhere candy kisses to Poppy Parade strip with Mini Glue Dots.
- Glue one end of the box closed. Insert candy strip and wrap box with ribbon to keep the other end closed. The ribbon slides on and off like a belly band so the recipient can open the box.
- Stamp sentiment on back in Delicata Gold Metallic and Poppy Parade Inks. Add die cut heart and strip of DSP.
The Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP is gorgeous and I have been using it for so many projects lately (not just Christmas)! It is only available this month (while supplies last). Click HERE to check out all the products from the Christmastime is Here Suite or download the flyer HERE.
Today is the last day to take advantage of the Stampin’ Up! Online Extravaganza! Stock up & Save 15% on select cardstock, ink, and bundles! Click HERE to shop and save!
Have a great day!
You can purchase any of the products I used to create today’s project from my online store. Click HERE or on the images below to shop! For orders under $150 please use the host code.
November Host Code: AWZD2TMG
*Orders of $40 or more receive EXCLUSIVE monthly tutorials (via email) featuring the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (Nov.)
Product List for Hershey Kisses Gift Card Holder (Click on image to view in my online store.)
14 thoughts on “X is for XO-llent”
First of all, thank goodness she is ok. Oh how scary. Plus, her score was the icing on the birthday cake! I bet you are one proud mom! Your little hugs and kisses is perfect! Love it. Not only does it hold chocolate goodies a gift card too. I will be CASEing this for my FIL as he wants chocolate and his gift card for his coffee with friends. Thanks for sharing your love with us, both your daughter’s story and the love of crafting.
I know that phone call also. My heart just sank for you reading this. Very happy your daughter is ok.💕
Very cute, Jeanie! It looks just like the smaller chapstick holder I made last year, with the addition of the gift card holder. Will have to give this a try! TFS!
OMG, what a frightening event. Thank God your daughter wasn’t seriously injured. Super cute gift card holder!
OMG…thank God she is okay. That call must have been so frightening for you. Congrats to her for acing the test and I love your gift to her!
Wow, Jeanie, that is so scary!!! I’m so glad she had her guardian angel with her! Congrats on the GRE results!! Love this beautiful box!
Oh my, Jeanie. I’m so glad she is okay and also topped out on the GRE. Congrats to her and to her proud parents. Love this sweet – literally and figuratively – project. Will have to CASE it soon. Enjoy your weekend.
My heart was in my throat when I read your account of your daughter’s accident. How terrifying for you both. So happy Sister Corda was “on duty”!!
I absolutely love this gift card holder/treat box. As always, your tutorial is easy to follow and spot on. You always photograph the most important steps. Thanks for the creativity share.
Happy belated birthday to your daughter and congrats on her acing the GRE’s. (Was there really any doubt in your mind that she would?) So much to be thankful for. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
Holy cow ! What a way to spend her birthday !! Thank goodness she is okay . Plus congrats on her test score !!
Love this cute project .
So happy that she is OK!! She sounds like a pretty neat (and smart) gal. She is lucky to have you-sending her so much love and special treats!!
What a birthday to remember! Thankful she was not more seriously injured…I believe in guardian angels and that Sister Corda was watching out for her. She aced the GRE on her own though! The gift card sweets holder is the perfect way to say congrats/love you to her…and everyone. Thanks of the good directions. Love the ABC series.
Love it. Beautiful presentation for gift cards
So glad she is ok. Very scary to get that phone call. I got one also when my daughter was in college. Scary but all turned out fine. Her car was totaled.