Welcome to my ABC’s with Fun Folds series. Today I have a fun fold Kite card for you. This would be a great kids card. I remember when my daughter was turning 3 we had a Winnie the Pooh birthday party. We made kite shaped invitations and delivered them to her friends. This would make a cute invitation or birthday card. This card reminds me of my son, he LOVED dinosaurs!
I admit I had no idea what I was going to do for a fun fold for K. I was thrilled when I found this tutorial by Brenda Quintana (QbeesQuest.com). I followed her tutorial and put it together in no time!
Kite Card Tutorial
1. Start with a piece of card stock 10” x 4”. On the long side, score at 5”.
2. On BOTH long sides, make a mark on the edge at 3” and 7”.
3. On BOTH short sides, make a mark on the edge at 2”.
4. Score from the 3” mark on one long side to the 7” mark on the other side. This will be a diagonal score, which runs across the 5” score line. Hint: I darkened the groove of my 6” score line with a permanent black fine tip Sharpie marker. This line makes it easier to align points for diagonal scoring.
5. Score from the opposite 3” mark to the other 7” mark. You should now have score lines in the shape of an ‘X’ that cross the 5” score line in the center.
6. Using a cutter or scissors, cut off the four corners of the card stock from the 3” marks on the long sides to the 2” marks on the short sides.
7. Fold the card in half on the 5” score line.
8. Tuck in the corner of the card along the score lines.
9. Tuck in the other corner.
10. Decorate card as desired.
I used Emerald Envy cardstock for my card base and the DSP is from the new catalog (available June 1), called Pick a Pattern. (I used the flower print from this paper pack on yesterday’s Joy Fold Card. ) There is a wide variety of patterns in this paper pack.
I cut the DSP 4 3/4 x 3 3/4 and scored it at 1 7/8 on each side.
Then I cut the 4 corners off from where the score lines meet the edge to where the other score line meets the edge. I cut along the score lines and adhered the pieces to the front of the card.
I did the same for my Whisper White piece on the inside except I didn’t cut it apart. I stamped my sentiment from the Lift Me Up Stamp Set with Emerald Envy Ink and stamped the clouds in Soft Sky. I attached a piece of Emerald Envy ribbon with a glue dot on the inside then adhered my sentiment layer on top.
I couldn’t help but sing “Let’s Go Fly a Kite” from Mary Poppins as I was making this card! This would this be a fun card to give with a new kite for a kids birthday party or anytime. You could make a custom envelope or it fits in a note card envelope.
Stamp Set: Lift Me Up Ink: Emerald Envy, Soft Sky Papers: Emerald Envy, Whisper White, Pick a Pattern (available June 1) Tools & Accessories: Emerald Envy ribbon, glue dots, Simply Scored Scoring Tool
Click HERE to shop my online store 24/7.
*All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Please use the current host code below.
May Host Code: K64KSNRE
Reminder… Today, May 22nd, is the LAST DAY that all retiring Stampin’ Up! stamp sets are guaranteed to be available. After that they will only be available while supplies last or until May 31st. Click HERE to check out the retiring stamp sets. Don’t miss out!!!
Have a wonderful day. Share handmade Kindness!