Welcome to my ABC Holiday 2019 Series! We are coming near the end of this series; however, I will have more ABC fun to come! Stampin’ Up!’s Tags, Tags, Tags, set is XO-llent for several holidays (Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine’s Day) as well as any time you want to send a bit of love! I shared some projects I made with this bundle previously. You can check them out HERE. Today’s project is for my daughter.
My daughter’s birthday was last week and it was one she’ll never forget! She’s a senior at Georgia Tech so we were not together to celebrate this year. She had scheduled to take her GRE exam on the morning of her birthday. (Crazy right?!) After the exam she was traveling by Uber back to her dorm when a car ran a stop sign, hit the van she was in (which flipped over), and caused it to hit another car. I was on the road driving to Massachusetts when I got the dreaded phone call that she had been in an accident and was on her way to the hospital by ambulance. I am so very thankful that aside from being badly bruised, very sore, and a few cuts, she is fine. Thank goodness she was wearing her seatbelt! Her guardian angel was watching over her!!! (Thank you Sister Corda!!!) Here’s a picture of the van she was in.
Yesterday she got the results from the graduate exams she took that morning and she knocked it out of the park! I thought she would appreciate some “Hugs & Kisses” along with a gift certificate to celebrate!
Here’s the details for this “sweet” gift card holder:
Materials & Measurements (Special thanks to BJ Peters for the dimensions!)
- Poppy Parade: 6 3/4″ x 10 1/4″. Score on the long side at 2 3/4″, 5 1/4″, 6 1/2″, 7 1/2″, 8 3/4″, 9 3/4″. Score on the short side at 1″ and 5 3/4″. 1 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ to adhere candy.
- Christmastime is Here Specialty Designer Series Paper: 4 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.*Optional: 3 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ (for the back)
- Whisper White: scrap to stamp and cut tag, 4 1/2″ x 3 1/2 (for back)
- Gold Foil: scrap to cut heart die
- Window Sheet: 1 1/4″ x 4 1/2″
- Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon: ~ 18″ to wrap box and tie a bow
- Poppy Parade Textured Weave Ribbon” ~ 3″ for tag. Tie with Whisper White Baker’s Twine.
- Cut the small rectangles off along the bottom on both sides. Cut the long sides along the score line as shown below. Snip the tabs on both sides in to the score line. Use the Stitched Rectangle Die to cut an opening in the center as shown.
- Fold and burnish along the score lines except the second one from the top. *That score line was just to mark where to cut the sides.
- Adhere DSP to the top panel then cut a half circle using the 1″ Circle Punch. Flip over and add Liquid Glue along the top and side (that is opposite from the punched circle). Fold over to adhere.
- Adhere window sheet on inside with snail adhesive. Add Tear & Tape (or Liquid Glue) along the bottom strip. Fold over to adhere along the base of the DSP.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White with Poppy Parade Ink. Cut with Trio of Tags Dies. Thread Poppy Parade ribbon through hole and tie with Whisper White Baker’s Twine. Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut heart die from Gold Foil Scrap and adhere to tag with Mini Glue Dot,
- Adhere candy kisses to Poppy Parade strip with Mini Glue Dots.
- Glue one end of the box closed. Insert candy strip and wrap box with ribbon to keep the other end closed. The ribbon slides on and off like a belly band so the recipient can open the box.
- Stamp sentiment on back in Delicata Gold Metallic and Poppy Parade Inks. Add die cut heart and strip of DSP.
The Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP is gorgeous and I have been using it for so many projects lately (not just Christmas)! It is only available this month (while supplies last). Click HERE to check out all the products from the Christmastime is Here Suite or download the flyer HERE.
Today is the last day to take advantage of the Stampin’ Up! Online Extravaganza! Stock up & Save 15% on select cardstock, ink, and bundles! Click HERE to shop and save!
Have a great day!
You can purchase any of the products I used to create today’s project from my online store. Click HERE or on the images below to shop! For orders under $150 please use the host code.
November Host Code: AWZD2TMG
*Orders of $40 or more receive EXCLUSIVE monthly tutorials (via email) featuring the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (Nov.)
Product List for Hershey Kisses Gift Card Holder (Click on image to view in my online store.)