Today is my daughter’s birthday! I wish we could be together to celebrate! Here’s the birthday “cake” card and little gift I sent her.
Can you guess her favorite color? I always make purple cards for her! I love this birthday cake card idea from Brenda Quintana. It is real easy to make with the Happy Dies. I used both the dies and stamp set from the So Much Happy Bundle to create this gift set.
The So Much Happy Bundle includes the So Much Happy Stamp Set and the Happy Dies. Make birthday cards, graduation gifts, and other papercrafting projects with the So Much Happy Stamp Set. Decorate your projects with fun die-cut elements—balloons, streamers, and more with the coordinating Happy Dies! You can create so many fun projects and cards with this bundle! Here’s the details to make the card:
- Purple Posy (Card Base): 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2, scraps to punch flowers
- DSP (Playing With Patterns): 4 1/4 x 4 3/8, 1/2 x 4 (inside)
- Whisper White (icing): 2 pieces 4 1/4 x 1, 4 x 4 (inside)
- Fold and burnish card base.
- Line the top of the letters on the Happy Die with the fold of the card base and run it through the die cut machine.
- Adhere the DSP to the card front.
- Use the Scalloped edge die to cut 2 pieces for icing. *Run each piece through with different parts of the die to get a different look for each.
- Adhere icing strips to the front of the card.
- Punch flowers using the Small Bloom Punch and Confetti Flowers Border Punch. Adhere to card with Mini Glue Dots. Add Pearl Basic Jewels to flower centers.
- Adhere Whisper White layer inside. Stamp sentiment in Highland Heather and adhere DSP strip along the bottom.
I have been making a lot of these acetate gift boxes lately. I enjoy making cards and gifts to coordinate!
I enjoyed reading your comments and ideas for what to put in these 3 1/8 x 3 1/8 acetate boxes! Here’s what I put in this one.
A year ago I never would have thought that I’d be looking for a necklace to attach a mask. It’s a useful and practical gift for this year. I also added some chocolate (of course)! The acetate box holds 6 wrapped Hershey nuggets as well as the necklace. I used a piece of coordinating cardstock in the front of the box and cut 6 1x 3 in. strips to wrap the nuggets. I added a small pearl and flowers punched with the Small Bloom Punch and Confetti Flowers Border Punch to each one. Usually we like to give a birthday “experience” every year but there’s certainly nothing usual about this year! This year has provided enough new “experiences” and she wants/needs a desk for her apartment. I’m hoping this birthday is better than last year! If you follow my blog you may remember she had to take her graduate exam on her birthday last year and the Uber van she was in was involved in an accident. She spent most of her birthday in the hospital.
She’s not planning to go anywhere today!!!
Today’s the day I promised to announce the blog candy winner of the kit to make the poinsettia acetate box. And the winner is…Bernice P! Congratulations Bernice!
Thanks to all who left comments sharing ideas! I’d love it if you could leave a comment wishing my daughter a Happy Birthday today! She’s doing research and working hard to help during this pandemic and stop the spread of the coronavirus!
You can purchase any of the products I used to create today’s projects from my online store. Click HERE or on the images below to shop! *Orders of $40 or more receive EXCLUSIVE monthly tutorials (via email) featuring the Poinsettia Petals Bundle.
I have had an enormous response to my Special Edition Holiday Kit to go! I can only make so many each month and I am positive this one will sell out soon! If you haven’t ordered yours yet, don’t wait! Click HERE for details.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts. Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: BWGSSKXZ
Product List (Click on any image to view)
Be sure to check out the Quite Curvy Variety Bundle! The Quite Curvy Bundle will be available in the January-June 2021 Mini Catalog but you can get it now during the Stampin’ Up! early release. However, The Curvy Christmas stamp set and Classic Christmas 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper will only be available during the Early Release period – November 3 through January 4!
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in November:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials PLUS 3D Project Tutorial (shown HERE) featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! November tutorials feature the Poinsettia Petals Bundle.
- Poinsettia Petals card kit – Purchase the Poinsettia Petals Bundle and get a free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial. *Click on the image below to purchase.