Welcome to my ABC Card Series! Throughout this series I’ll be sharing a variety of cards for every occasion from A to Z! There are many special occasions throughout the year which call for particular cards. What’s more special than the miracle of a newborn?! My niece is having a baby boy so I made this card for her.
Owls are trendy in home decor these days and she is decorating her nursery with an owl theme. I really wanted to use the owl from the Hoot Hoot Hooray stamp set (found in the Beginner Brochure) but I forgot to add it on my last order! (How many of you have done that before?) Check out this cute stamp set!
This set pairs an image and a sentiment for each occasion. There’s even a Hoot Hoot Hooray Bundle (similar to the Celebrate with Cake Bundle I shared the other day.) The bundle includes everything you need to create 20 cards for birthdays, new baby, celebration, friendship, support, and more.
Hoot Hoot Hooray Cards Bundle Item #152871
* Hoot Hoot Hooray Cling Stamp Set–6 stamps
* Clear Block D
* Basic Gray Classic Stampin’ Pad
* 20 Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes
* 13 Watercolor Pencils in Stampin’ Up! exclusive colors: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Rich Razzleberry, and Whisper White
Check out these adorable cards from the Stampin’ Up! Design Team.
This stamp set will definitely be on my next order! For now, I had to use a retired owl I had in my collection! You can easily substitute any image and use this card design for many different occasions. It’s a quick & easy card to duplicate! Here’s the measurements:
- 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Card base (Seaside Spray) scored at 4 1/4
- 3 x 4 DSP
I added a 4 inch strip of the beautiful Scalloped Linen Ribbon with Tear and Tape. Then I stamped the image on whisper white and cut it with the Circle Stitched Shapes Dies. I cut a Scalloped Circle from the Layering Circles Dies as a border. I thought it needed a little more color so I cut another circle from the Layering Circles Dies in So Saffron to go behind to make it look like the moon. What do you think?
I have been getting a lot of use out of my Well Written Dies lately! I love word dies and this set is the Mother Load! (You can click on the product image below to enlarge and view in my online store to see all the different words.) It coordinates with the Well Said Stamp Set for many different sentiment possibilities. I layered the word die on a scrap piece of Whisper White and fussy cut around it to make it pop on the DSP.
I love to give books with or as gifts, especially for little ones! I found the perfect book to go with this owl themed occasion. Hoot Hoot Hooray!
Have an Outstanding Day!
*Host Code Exclusive! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Please use the current host code below. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to shop.
July Host Code: VSH3AYEZ
Product List (Click on any image to view in my online store.)
There’s just 1 week left to take advantage of Bonus Days!!! Collect your $5 coupons!
Bonus Days are back! For every $50 purchase in July (before tax & shipping) you’ll get a $5 coupon to spend in August! There’s no limit to how many coupons you can collect and you still get Stampin’ Rewards if your order is $150 or more!
- An email address is required to participate in this promotion; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- IMPORTANT! Save both the email containing your Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place. Codes cannot be re-sent if the email is lost and lost codes cannot be recovered.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin month-to-month subscriptions. *Prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
- There is no limit to the number of coupons you can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion. There is no limit on the number of coupons you can use on an order during redemption.
- See the Bonus Days FAQ’s here.
- See a tutorial on how to redeem your Bonus Days coupons here.
- Click HERE to shop.
Now is a great time to join Stampin’ Up! and get in on the EXTRA free stuff with the purchase of a completely customized started kit!
- EXTRA – GET BONUS PRODUCT! Get YOUR CHOICE of up to $155 in products for $99 (that’s $56 in free products) and the kit ships FREE for another 10% savings. You also get a FREE Paper Pumpkin kit included in your kit!
- EXTRA, EXTRA – GET A $10 COUPON! Those who purchase the kit and join Stampin’ Up! will be emailed a $10 coupon code the following month to redeem on an order placed by Oct. 31.
- SAVE 20% or more on personal demonstrator orders while you are active. You will have early access to the NEW Holiday Catalog and get to order new products!
- JOIN THROUGH ME! Whether you’d like to start a business or would simply like the great discount, I am here to support you along the way. When you join through me you become a member of the PALS team. You will have access to the PALS private Facebook Groups where we chat, share ideas, ask questions, showcase our creations, have monthly webinars, participate in stamping discussions, prizes, polls, resources, and friendship! You can choose to participate or just quietly lurk and take it all in. You will also have the opportunity to attend OnStage in November and get to meet the Stampin’ Up! family, get expert advice on running a successful business, and be the first to hear the latest Stampin’ Up! news. I would love to meet you at the event!
- JOIN RISK-FREE! There’s no obligation to host workshops or parties, sell products to others or personally purchase anything beyond the kit! There is no penalty if you decide to stop and you get to keep all of your starter kit goodies! If you maintain $300 in retail sales per quarter, you can continue to be a Demonstrator. If you don’t, that’s okay too! You can always just join now and receive a discount on everything you order from now through Dec. 31! If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CLICK HERE to join.
Click Here for a few FAQs about being a demonstrator.
Click Here to view a sample starter kit to help you get started.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want more information! I’d love to chat!
Click on the image below to view the Beginner Brochure to view additional products not shown in the annual catalog.
5 thoughts on “O is for Special Occasion”
Such an adorable card! I know your niece will love it. Another great entry in the Alphabet Parade.
Sweet card, one she will surely cherish, esp with the book. TFS.
This is adorable….I am going to CASE it since I have a baby shower next month (it’s a girl) and she is doing the room with owls too!
YOU! Are a hoot! Fab card! T – 3 days!