I am the designer for this week’s Tic Tac Toe challenge and due to my fractured elbow I was disappointed I wouldn’t be able to create a project this week! So I went with Plan B and with my husband’s help, made this little valentine treat to send to our daughter.
Here’s this week’s challenge board…
This quick & easy treat box actually made Tic Tac Toe 3 different ways: down the middle, across the middle, and diagonal. This project uses some of the new items from the Occasions catalog. The Silver Mini Gable Box (found on page 13) is embossed with the floral design from the new Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (page 23). My husband is not a craft person but he will do anything for me! Definitely a keeper!
The box is easy to put together. The love die cut from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits is cut from Berry Burst cardstock and adhered using a few glue dots. The sentiment is from the January Paper Pumpkin kit and goes perfect with the Hershey Chocolate Hugs & Kisses! The sentiment is stamped in Berry Burst ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched on both ends with the Triple Banner Punch. A couple of silver hearts from the Metallic Enamel Shapes and a simple bow with the new Berry Burst Metallic-Edge Ribbon was all this box needed. Well, almost all…it’s filled it with chocolate Hugs & Kisses! I wish I could deliver them in person!
See how simple it is to create using elements from the challenge board?! I would really love for you to play along this week with my ABC challenge board. Just pick 3 in a row and create! I have to live vicariously through your stamping creations until I regain the strength and mobility in my arm!
Here’s the Tic Tac Toe Challenge Rules:
- Create a new project. You can create any project and use any elements/supplies as long as it fits within the three elements (in a row, column or diagonal) of your choosing from the tic tac toe challenge board that is set for the current challenge.
- You may enter up to a maximum of 3 times as long as the creations are new.
- If you have a blog, you should include the challenge graphic in your post and link back to our challenge.
- If you are posting in a gallery (like SplitCoast, Pinterest, or any other social media platform), make sure you mention our challenge with a link back to the challenge and use the hashtag #tictactoechallenge and the hashtag found on the challenge (eg: #tttc001)
- Your submission link should be a direct link to your project post, not a general link to your blog, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or other gallery account. Incorrect links are not eligible for Designers’ Picks, and may be deleted.
- We want to leave you comments, but if you are linking your project to a closed group or a site that requires us to register, we may not be able to! Please be sure to post on an open forum so we can leave comments on your wonderful cards. No CAPTCHAs please! Please remember to turn off word verification.
- All submissions are due Tuesday at noon CST – that’s when the InLinkz will close. Winners will be announced on Wednesday. New challenges go live every Thursday.
- Post your project using the InLinkz Tool, which can be found below the current challenge.
Here’s another reason to enter this week’s challenge…
Be a Guest Designer
Were you selected as Designer’s Choice? If so, we’d love to have you as a GUEST DESIGNER!
Though this is something new for 2018, if you’re a past selection from 2017, feel free to register.
Here’s a little bit about the opportunity:
- Guest Designers will be scheduled in the order requests are recieved.
- Once you fill out the form, you will be contacted by one of our Guest Designer Coordinators
- You will be assigned a challenge board to play with the team that originally selected you (Team X or O)
- You don’t need to have a blog. If you only post to social media sites, just provide the URL to your account (or direct Pinterest board). The day the challenge goes live, we’ll link to the exact URL of your entry.
- You will receive further instructions on how to provide your project picture to us, and other requirements (see the form on the website for some of that info)
- You can be a Guest Designer for every time you’ve been selected Designer’s Choice!
Don’t delay – sign up today! Can’t wait to have you as our guest!
If you have any questions or need help please feel free to contact me!
Don’t forget… the FAST FUSE SALE starts today!!! Buy one, get 2 refills for FREE!!!!
I posted a video about the Fast Fuse yesterday. If you missed it, Click HERE.
You can purchase the products used to make today’s project from my online store. Click HERE to shop or click on the images below to order!
Have a great day!
Here’s more great ways to shop and save on Stampin’ Up! in February:
- For every $50 you spend, you earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. New $100 level!
- Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration products with Paper Pumpkin Prepaid Subscriptions! Click HERE for details.
- Say hello to colorful creativity with Stampin’ Blends Markers. Click HERE for ideas and more.
- Save 10% on Occasions & Annual Catalog Bundles
- Spend $150 or more and earn FREE products with Host Rewards. Get a $25 rewards bonus when you spend $250 or more during Sale-A-Bration.
- Host Code Exclusive! Earn Free gifts from me (card kits and more) with your order. Simply enter the host code at checkout. Host Code: SUMCMQRW Click HERE to shop.
- Join the Fun and choose 2 FREE stamp sets as a bonus Jan. 3 – March 31! The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL. At a minimum, enjoy 20% off Stampin’ Up! products through July 31 (or longer). I welcome hobby demonstrators! Click HERE to learn more or contact me and let’s chat!
7 thoughts on “A Mini Gable Box for Tic Tac Toe Challenge #34”
Beautiful treat box and I am sure your beautiful daughter will be excited to receive it. It makes it extra special being crafted by you and your husband. Enjoy!
Wow, Jeanie, that is beautiful! Enjoy your day!
Jeanie, So happy to see you in my “in-box” this morning. I can’t imagine how you feel with your elbow. I hope and pray it is getting better. This is a great project and yes . . . I went right past these lovely little boxes in the catalog. Going to check them out now.
Have a great day.
Love the embossing on the box~really makes such a dramatic addition. And great team-work with your husband. BRAVO!
I love the embossing on the box! Very beautiful. Yes, your hubby is a keeper!
Gorgeous box project! The embossing on the box is really cool! I received one of the boxes and stuff to complete from the Prize Patrol at a retreat I went to a few weeks ago. Maybe I should CASE your idea and make it up for Mike for valentine’s. Your daughter will love it!