Today is my son’s birthday. He took on a new business adventure this year and I couldn’t be more proud of him and all he has accomplished! I had to pull out some retired Designer Series Paper for the projects and card I made for him.
He started a virtual golf business which opened mid January. I decided to go with a golf theme for his birthday. The retired Country Club DSP was perfect for his card.
I saw a sketch for this mini slimline card and knew it would make a great masculine card. Here’s the card details:
Card Base: 6 1/4 x 6 1/2 scored at 3 1/4
Layer 1: 3 x 6
DSP Layer: 2 7/8 x 5 7/8 and 1 1/2 x 3 1/4 layered on 1 5/8 x 3 3/8 cardstock
Banner: 3 1/2 x 1 1/4
I also made him a business card holder for his desk.
I don’t have one of his new business cards but he sent me a picture. (You know me, I wanted to make sure everything color coordinated.)
*I made my own business card holder several years ago (which I still use today). You can view the tutorial to make it HERE.
My last project is a treat holder I made using the Love You Always Treat Boxes. I love these boxes! They are so easy for a quick gift! There’s a hidden surprise inside this one.
I found these golf ball chocolates at our local candy store. Hidden under the candy is his birthday check. I also sent him a fun golf bag pen holder I ordered online for his new office.
I hope you liked today’s projects. As always, you can adapt these ideas to your needs by simply changing the DSP, etc. If you find yourself in Lincoln, Rhode Island, stop in and say hi to my son Andrew and enjoy some indoor virtual golf.
Purchase my Adhesive Tote and Get the Stitched Nested Labels Desk Caddy Kit and Tutorial FREE! Click HERE for details.
*Note: I will be offering the Designer Series Paper Swatch Books and Product Shares for the new papers, ribbons, and embellishments in the new catalog. Check back soon for more information!!
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: DSZR9QEN
Product List (Click on image below to shop my online store.)
Don’t forget to check out the Last-Chance Product Sale for some great deals!
*Retiring items are available while supplies last.
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in April:
I am the designer for this week’s Tic Tac Toe challenge and due to my fractured elbow I was disappointed I wouldn’t be able to create a project this week! So I went with Plan B and with my husband’s help, made this little valentine treat to send to our daughter.
Here’s this week’s challenge board…
This quick & easy treat box actually made Tic Tac Toe 3 different ways: down the middle, across the middle, and diagonal. This project uses some of the new items from the Occasions catalog. The Silver Mini Gable Box (found on page 13) is embossed with the floral design from the new Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (page 23). My husband is not a craft person but he will do anything for me! Definitely a keeper!
The box is easy to put together. The love die cut from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits is cut from Berry Burst cardstock and adhered using a few glue dots. The sentiment is from the January Paper Pumpkin kit and goes perfect with the Hershey Chocolate Hugs & Kisses! The sentiment is stamped in Berry Burst ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched on both ends with the Triple Banner Punch. A couple of silver hearts from the Metallic Enamel Shapes and a simple bow with the new Berry Burst Metallic-Edge Ribbon was all this box needed. Well, almost all…it’s filled it with chocolate Hugs & Kisses! I wish I could deliver them in person!
See how simple it is to create using elements from the challenge board?! I would really love for you to play along this week with my ABC challenge board. Just pick 3 in a row and create! I have to live vicariously through your stamping creations until I regain the strength and mobility in my arm!
Here’s the Tic Tac Toe Challenge Rules:
- Create a new project. You can create any project and use any elements/supplies as long as it fits within the three elements (in a row, column or diagonal) of your choosing from the tic tac toe challenge board that is set for the current challenge.
- You may enter up to a maximum of 3 times as long as the creations are new.
- If you have a blog, you should include the challenge graphic in your post and link back to our challenge.
- If you are posting in a gallery (like SplitCoast, Pinterest, or any other social media platform), make sure you mention our challenge with a link back to the challenge and use the hashtag #tictactoechallenge and the hashtag found on the challenge (eg: #tttc001)
- Your submission link should be a direct link to your project post, not a general link to your blog, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or other gallery account. Incorrect links are not eligible for Designers’ Picks, and may be deleted.
- We want to leave you comments, but if you are linking your project to a closed group or a site that requires us to register, we may not be able to! Please be sure to post on an open forum so we can leave comments on your wonderful cards. No CAPTCHAs please! Please remember to turn off word verification.
- All submissions are due Tuesday at noon CST – that’s when the InLinkz will close. Winners will be announced on Wednesday. New challenges go live every Thursday.
- Post your project using the InLinkz Tool, which can be found below the current challenge.
Here’s another reason to enter this week’s challenge…
Were you selected as Designer’s Choice? If so, we’d love to have you as a GUEST DESIGNER!
Though this is something new for 2018, if you’re a past selection from 2017, feel free to register.
Here’s a little bit about the opportunity:
- Guest Designers will be scheduled in the order requests are recieved.
- Once you fill out the form, you will be contacted by one of our Guest Designer Coordinators
- You will be assigned a challenge board to play with the team that originally selected you (Team X or O)
- You don’t need to have a blog. If you only post to social media sites, just provide the URL to your account (or direct Pinterest board). The day the challenge goes live, we’ll link to the exact URL of your entry.
- You will receive further instructions on how to provide your project picture to us, and other requirements (see the form on the website for some of that info)
- You can be a Guest Designer for every time you’ve been selected Designer’s Choice!
Don’t delay – sign up today! Can’t wait to have you as our guest!
If you have any questions or need help please feel free to contact me!
Don’t forget… the FAST FUSE SALE starts today!!! Buy one, get 2 refills for FREE!!!!
I posted a video about the Fast Fuse yesterday. If you missed it, Click HERE.
You can purchase the products used to make today’s project from my online store. Click HERE to shop or click on the images below to order!
Use the host code SUMCMQRW (if your order is under $150).
*All orders qualify for my monthly thank you gifts!
Have a great day!
Here’s more great ways to shop and save on Stampin’ Up! in February:
- For every $50 you spend, you earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration product. New $100 level!
- Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration products with Paper Pumpkin Prepaid Subscriptions! Click HERE for details.
- Say hello to colorful creativity with Stampin’ Blends Markers. Click HERE for ideas and more.
- Save 10% on Occasions & Annual Catalog Bundles
- Spend $150 or more and earn FREE products with Host Rewards. Get a $25 rewards bonus when you spend $250 or more during Sale-A-Bration.
- Host Code Exclusive! Earn Free gifts from me (card kits and more) with your order. Simply enter the host code at checkout. Host Code: SUMCMQRW Click HERE to shop.
- Join the Fun and choose 2 FREE stamp sets as a bonus Jan. 3 – March 31! The $99 Starter Kit is the best deal of ALL. At a minimum, enjoy 20% off Stampin’ Up! products through July 31 (or longer). I welcome hobby demonstrators! Click HERE to learn more or contact me and let’s chat!
Welcome to my ABC’s with Fun Folds series. Today’s card is a Dutch Door Design. It is so much fun to make and uses very little supplies.
To make this fun fold start with a piece of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 cardstock and score it at 4 1/4. Don’t fold along the score line just yet as you will want to cut first. Lay your paper in the paper trimmer at the halfway mark, 2 3/4″. Cut from the end in to the score line then rotate the paper and cut up to the cut line. You are removing the top portion of your card front.
I used the piece I removed to cut out the Star Blast Edgelits Die (retiring). I stamped a piece of 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White cardstock using the Birthday Blast Stamp Set (retiring) and Flirty Flamingo ink. I attached this to the inside of my card. Next I adhered the star blast die cut to the front of my card making sure to line it up over my stamped stars. I cut a piece of 2 1/2 x 4 Flirty Flamingo DSP from the In Color Designer Series Paper Stack (retiring) and adhered that to my card front on top of the die. I stamped my banner on a piece of 1 1/4 x 4 whisper white then punched the end with the Triple Banner Punch and adhered it to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The only thing left to do was decorate the envelope to match.
Stamp Set: Birthday Blast(142866) Ink: Flirty Flamingo Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, 2016-2018 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack Tools & Accessories: Star Blast Edgelits Dies (142763), Triple Banner Punch (138292), Stampin’ Dimensionals
You could easily use this card for graduation, anniversary, retirement, good grades, etc. in addition to birthday like I did. I love this stamp set and dies and am sad to see it retiring next month. It is fun and versatile. You could cut out the Large Number dies to put on the front to use for a graduation card. The Stamp Set and Dies are still available. The dies are only available while supplies last. Click HERE and HERE to see more fun projects I did with this stamp set and die. *The die is on sale for 30% off. Reg. $20/Sale $14.
Have a Delightful Day!
*All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Click HERE to shop. Please use the current host code below.
May Host Code: K64KSNRE
SAVE!!! Get 25% off your first 3 months of Paper Pumpkin!
Stampin’ Up! has a new promotion for first time Paper Pumpkin subscribers…You can SAVE 25% on your first three months! What a great Mother’s Day gift for yourself or your mom. Better yet, start a subscription for both of you and enjoy doing it together!! It’s one of those gifts that’s great for all ages. (My subscribers range in age from 9 – 90!) Here’s the details…
Here are the details:
- For first-time subscribers only.
- Subscribers must join between Thursday May, 11 and Saturday, June 10, 2017; 11:50 PM (MT) .
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions, not prepaid subscriptions.
- Discount applied to one kit per month for the first three months of a new subscription. After that, the price for each month’s kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
- Enter the promo code, STARTHERE, at PaperPumpkin.com to subscribe.
- Keep in mind that unless you cancel, your membership will continue at full price after the first three discounted months.
Click on the banners below to see the retiring products and clearance items.