Welcome to the August 2017 Pals Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month we’re going to “Cut It Out”. Participants will feature projects with “cuts” from punches, dies, Framelits, Edgelits, or Thinlits.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
It takes just a few simple cuts and to make these adorable tote bags!
I love punches and the Daisy Punch is one of my favorites! Punches make it quick & easy to create and this project is all about quick & easy! I am a teacher so August means getting ready for back to school. These adorable totes would make great little gifts for teachers or students. (They would also make great favors for a bachelorette party or wedding shower!)
I started with a new product that will be available in the holiday catalog (Sept. 1), Acetate Card Boxes. You get a set of 10 for $6.50.
These boxes are great for holding a set of cards to give as a gift. This month’s blog hop is all about “cuts” so I decided to think outside the “box”. I cut the box in half (at 2 7/8″) to make these totes. Each card box will make 2 totes which makes this project not only quick & easy but inexpensive too! Just fold and close each end and you are ready to decorate. *I put a glue dot on each flap to help keep it closed so it would stand up easily.
The Designer Series Paper insert measures 4 3/8 x 6 1/4. Score at 2 7/8 from each end. Fold and slide inside the clear box. Cut 2 10″ pieces of ribbon for the handles. Adhere to the tote with Tear & Tape. *I adhered the Tear & Tape directly to the box on each end then removed the backing to attach the ribbon. (Repeat on the back side.)
I used the Daisy Punch to punch 2 daisies from Whisper White cardstock and adhered one on top of the other. I cut a circle from Daffodil Delight using the 1/2″ Circle Punch. I attached this to the front of the tote using a Stampin’ Dimensional. That’s all there is to it. I told you it was quick & easy! There are so many gift possibilities for these totes! You can fill them with a gift card, tissues, lipstick, gum, candy, sticky notes, etc.
Here’s the view from above with some of the different items tucked inside.
Changing the DSP, ribbon, etc. can give it a totally different look.
For this tote bag I used the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper, Metallic Edge Ribbon, and the Bow Builder Punch. Wouldn’t this be a beautiful favor for a wedding shower?!
I love monogrammed bags, etc. The Large Letters Framelits are perfect for personalizing this gift bag! I also added a Mini Tassle embellishment. I love how Stampin’ Up! color coordinates everything! The In Color Ribbon selection matches the Fresh Florals Designer Series Paper.
Stampin’ Up! has so many patterned papers, punches, dies, and ribbons to choose from! The Wood Textures DSP would make a great brief case for a masculine look. The Just Add Color Specialty Designer Series Paper would be great for a child…put a box of crayons inside and let them color their own. (Little snack bags would be fun to put inside too!) I am making a bunch of these to give as gifts and some I will sell at my Holiday Open House. Do you have a favorite?
Designer Series Papers: Fresh Florals, Delightful Daisy, Eastern Palace Ribbons: 1/2″ Fresh Fig Finely Woven Ribbon, 1/4″ Daffodil Delight Double-Stitched Ribbon, 3/8″ Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon Tools & Accessories: Acetate Card Boxes (avail. Sept. 1), Daisy Punch, Bow Builder Punch, Large Letters Framelits, Mini Tassels, Glue Dots, Tear & Tape
You can purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! products used to make today’s project from my online store. Click HERE to shop.
Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on September 13, 2017. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We’d love to hear what you have to say about our creative “Cuts”.
Have a wonderful day!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Becky Retzer at Just In Thyme Crafts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts.com
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
To get a FREE thank you gift from me, simply enter the host code at checkout when shopping from my online store.
Please use the current host code below.
Current Host Code: XYZT6UU3
The Carols of Christmas Bundle is now available! Click on the photo above to see the available items in my online store.
How to Redeem Your Bonus Days Coupon Codes?
- If you’re redeeming your coupon codes with an online order, see these instructions
- There is no limit on the number of coupons you can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any product, excluding Starter Kits. Prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions can be discounted with Bonus Days coupons.
- Coupon codes expire August 31st.