Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our theme is the “new 2020-2022 In Colors.” The Design Team is showcasing the new family of In Colors from the new catalog. We know you will love them as much as we do! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Stampin’ Up! outdid themselves with the In Colors this year! The colors are just gorgeous! I used all 5 of the new 2020-2022 In Colors for my fun fold pocket card today!The card base “flower pot” is the new Cinnamon Cider. Perfect for a flower pot don’t you think? I embossed it with the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder to give it a realistic textured look. The NEW In Color Stampin’ Blends work well together and made it easy to color the flowers from the Jar of Flowers stamp set for a pretty summery flower pot. I fussy cut several of the same flower images and layered them with Stampin’ Dimensionals to give it a 3D effect. I love how you pull up (“pick”) the flowers to reveal the message inside.
I love this inside sentiment from Grace’s Garden Stamp Set! It is perfect for this card for a friend! I can think of so many people I could give this card to and I bet you can too! This flower pot card could be used for many different occasions (Get Well, Birthday, Thinking of You, Thank You, etc.) Here’s the details:
- Flower Pot (Cinnamon Cider): 3 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 3 1/2 and 7
- Pull out card: Whisper White 2 1/4 x 4, Cinnamon Cider 2 1/2 x 4 1/4
- Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper: 2 x 6 for envelope flap
- Fold and burnish the card base.
- Measure and mark 1/2″ in on each side along the base of the card.
- With the front flap flipped up, place it in the Stampin’ Trimmer and line up the 1/2″ mark along the bottom and cut to the score line at the top as shown below. Do this on each end.
- Use the Detailed Trio Punch to round the corners on the front flap.
- Emboss the flower pot with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder.
- Cut ~12″ of Just Jade ribbon from Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack and tie in a simple knot around the flower pot. The ribbon holds the flower pot together. (There isn’t any adhesive on the flower pot.)
- Stamp sentiment from Grace’s Garden on whisper white piece with Memento Black Ink. Adhere to Cinnamon Cider layer with Stampin’ Seal.
- Stamp 3 or more flower images from Jar of Flowers Stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Ink on Shimmery White cardstock. Color with Stampin” Blends and fussy cut with scissors.
- Build your flower layers. Insert pull out into flower pot. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach flowers to top of pull out card. (Allow flowers to overlap on the front of the pot.) Offset and layer 2 full images with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add extra flowers and leaves on each end behind the front layers with Mini Glue Dots. *Tip: When adhering flowers to pull out card, use your envelope as a guide to make sure your flowers do not go higher or wider than the envelope. It is made to fit in a 3 1/2 x 5 note card envelope but you could put it in a Medium Envelope if desired.
- Adhere Flowers for Every Season Designer Series Paper to the note card envelope flap and trim to fit.
Stamp Sets: Jar of Flowers, Grace’s Garden Papers: Flowers For Every Season Designer Series Paper, Cinnamon Cider, Shimmery White, Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Magenta Madness, Just Jade, and Misty Moonlight Stampin’ Blends, Bumblebee Ink Refill, Blender Pen Accessories: Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder, Detailed Trio Punch, Flowers For Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack, Stampin’ Seal, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
You can click on the product images below to purchase these items from my online store.
I often get asked where I get the inspiration for my projects. My answer is everywhere! I never know who or what is going to inspire me…a piece of clothing or bedding that I like the color combinations, some candy that cries out for a treat holder, a picture or something that reminds me of a stamp set, a card design from another stamper, etc. Years ago I made a flower pot pocket card for my sister. I had completely forgotten about it until she came across my card and sent me these photos. It inspired me to give this card design another try!
What inspires you to create? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for July 8th – Gifts from the Garden when the design team will showcase cards or gift ideas from treasures found in the garden.
Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
Product List for Flower Pot Pocket Card (Click on the image to SHOP my online store.)
Have you heard about the Box of Sunshine?
This exclusive Sara-inspired Paper Pumpkin kit will help you #sharesunshine. It includes supplies for eight handmade cards and is specially designed to help you create a box full of cheer. Once you’ve made all the cards, use any leftover pieces to decorate the box. Fill it with yellow goodies, add the included adhesive label, address it to someone special, and brighten their life with a little sunshine! I am so excited about this Paper Pumpkin kit! I love the “box of sunshine” idea. What a great gift to give to someone during this difficult time in our lives!
Today, June 10th, is the last day to subscribe to receive your Box of Sunshine in the mail! Click HERE to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin. Click HERE to order a prepaid subscription for yourself or as a gift.
Have a great day! Stay Safe! Stay well!
ANNUAL CATALOG KICKOFF CELEBRATION
From June 3-30, earn an additional $25 in Stampin’ Rewards on orders of $250 or more! Ask me how to host a virtual party! Contact your friends to go in on a large order or shop big for yourself and enjoy the extra rewards!
PICK A FREE BUNDLE STARTER KIT PROMOTION
From June 3-30, when you purchase a Starter Kit, you can select ONE stamp and punch bundle (p. 168–169) or ONE stamp and die bundle (p. 173-179) from the 2020–2021 Annual Catalog in addition to $125 of product for only $99!
Contact me for more information or click HERE then click JOIN and start your stamping journey! It’s a great time to stamp and/or work from home!
Click Here for a few FAQs about being a demonstrator.