It’s another Tic Tac Toe Thursday! This week I created a fun fold envelope flap card.
And here’s this week’s challenge/inspiration board.
I chose to go down the middle with birthday, nautical, and embellishment. I have several friends who love to sail and know any of them would appreciate this card. This is a “new to me” fun fold idea I learned from Cindy Brumbaugh. I love the unique way it opens up like an envelope.
I used a pattern from the Stampin’ Up! Let’s Go Fishing Designer Series Paper. I love how you get to see both sides with this fun fold design. This paper pack is the “reel” deal for crafters who love to fish and people who need a fishing-themed card, masculine, and/or nautical card. It also has basic designs that you can use any time, on any project.
This is an easy fun fold card to create.
- Card Base: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope DSP: 5-1/4″ x 10-1/2″ scored on the 10-1/2″ side at 4″ and 8″. *Cut flap as shown below.
- Basic White: 3-3/4″ x 5″ (inside), scrap to stamp and die cut sentiment on front to tuck the flap in to close.
- Scraps: to punch sailboat
How to cut the flap:
Mark the top section of the DSP (the 2 1/2″ section) in the middle at 2 5/8″. Then cut from center mark to the score line on each end.
To assemble the card, fold the DSP and adhere the die cut sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals. *I applied the dimensionals along the sides of the point first then added the sentiment on top.
Adhere the folded DSP to the card base. Punch and add the sailboat with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add the anchor and twine embellishment with a Mini Glue Dot. Then stamp and adhere the inside layer. Love this simple fun card! I will be making more of this style fun fold! What do you think of this fun fold? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.
I hope you will join us for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week. Be sure to check out what the other designers created. Why not pick 3 and have fun being creative?!!
Have a great day! I appreciate you stopping by!
Current Host Code: 4QGH479Q
* If your order is under $150 please add the host code to your order to receive a thank you gift from me. If your order is $150 or more, don’t use the host code. You will earn Stampin’ Rewards to spend as well as my thank you gift. All orders receive a handmade card in the mail from me.
It’s time to redeem the Bonus Days coupons you earned in July!
Click HERE to view/print the Bonus Days Infographic.
Let me know if you need help or have any questions.
Product List (Click on image to shop/view in my online store.)