Oh my gosh! I love this “new to me” fun fold card! I learned this “bay window” fun fold idea from Rachel Tessman. I changed it up using the Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper and several different stamp sets. I made this card for my sister’s birthday. She loves hydrangeas! Our birthdays are just two days apart and we often celebrated together growing up. I added some butterflies because they remind me of my favorite “butterfly cake” my mom would bake for my sister and me. (*To make a butterfly cake, my mom would bake a round chocolate cake, cut it in half, and put the curved sides in the middle. She would frost it all over, put Hershey kisses down the middle, and add licorice for antennae. Perfect for our spring birthdays!)
Here’s more photos of this cool fun fold card. This first one shows what the card looks like closed.
The butterflies are stamped on Basic White using the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set and Memento Black Ink. They are colored with Stampin’ Blends and punched out using the Butterfly Duet Punch.
Here’s a look at the inside of the card.
The inside sentiment is from the Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set. I added the Gorgeous Grape Sheer Ribbon and a Pastel Pearl to the sentiment on the side from Punch Party. It is punched out using the Timeless Label Punch and popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals to hold the card open for the bay window look.
Here’s the details if you would like to make this fun fold:
- Card Base (Thick Basic White): 4 1/4 x 11 scored on the long side at 3/8, 1 7/8, 3 5/8, 5 1/8, 5 1/2
- DSP (Hydrangea Hill floral): 4 1/8 x 6 – Cut 1 5/8 off end. Then cut in same direction pieces that measure 1 3/8, 1 5/8, and 1 3/8 (x 4 1/8)
- DSP (Hydrangea Hill striped): Cut 2 at 1/4 x 4 1/8
- Adhere 1 5/8 x 4 1/8 piece of DSP (that was cut first off the end) inside the card along the end.
- Add Tear & Tape inside the 3/8 score line beside the 5 1/2″ card fold. Remove tape and adhere to the card base.
- Add striped DSP inside the 3/8 score lines on the front of the card base on each end. *See photo above.
- Adhere floral DSP in the order it was cut to the front of the card.
- Stamp sentiment in the center with Highland Heather Ink.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap white with Highland Heather Ink and punch with Timeless Label Punch.
- Stamp 3 butterflies with Memento Black Ink and color with Stampin’ Blends. Punch with Butterfly Duet Punch and adhere to front of card with Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp sentiment inside card.
- Tie a simple knot with Gorgeous Grape Ribbon and adhere to punched sentiment with Mini Glue Dot. Add Pastel Pearl. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals in the center of punched sentiment and adhere to card. *this will allow the end of the card to tuck under when it is open to create the bay window.
- Adhere DSP to envelope flap and trim with Paper Snips.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
***My “Just Stampin’ Card Kit and 3D Project Buffet To Go” sold out early this month; however, I have a “Second Chance Offer” for a card and 3D basket kit and tutorial from my February kit. Click HERE for details.
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: 3FNFQVG6
Product List (Click on image to shop my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in March:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- Chance to win the Approaching Perfection Stamp Set (in honor of my birthday). Anyone who orders this month will have their name entered in a drawing to win this birthday stamp set. Winner will be posted April 1st.
- My birthday party favor surprise ???? *Check back March 24th.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $50 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! This month features the Dragonfly Garden Bundle. *Click on the image below to view/shop in my online store.
Click HERE to view/print the Butterfly Bouquet Flyer.
SHOP the 2019-2021 retiring In Color products HERE.