I love the Tic Tac Toe Challenges! It is so much fun to pick 3 in a row and create something. I find it really gets me thinking. I hope you will play along. Here’s this week’s challenge board.
I created Tic Tac Toe on the diagonal this week: Blue, Free (Punch/ Die Cut/Ribbon), Celebration.
I have seen a lot of these “fractured cards” on Pinterest and decided to give this technique a try. It is really simple and fun to do. Here are the details:
Card base (Blueberry Bushel): 5 1⁄2” x 8 1⁄2” scored at 4 1⁄4”
DSP (Winter Meadow): 4 x 5 1⁄4, 3⁄4 x 4 (inside layer)
Basic White: 2” square (Stylish Shapes Die), 4 x 5 1⁄4 (inside)
Blueberry Bushel: 4 strips cut 1⁄4” x 5
Garden Green: scrap to punch leaf with Bough Punch
- Stamp sentiment on white square and adhere to DSP. Add strips as shown below.
- Turn DSP over and trim the strips with Paper Snips.
- Fold and burnish card base. Adhere DSP layer to card base.
- Add punched leaf and bow using Mini Glue Dots.
- Adhere DSP strip to white layer. Stamp sentiment (or add handwritten message) and adhere inside card.
6. Emboss envelope flap with Elegant Eucalyptus 3D Embossing Folder.
Stamp Set: Layering Leaves
Paper: Winter Meadow Designer Series Paper, Blueberry Bushel, Garden Green, and Basic White cardstock
Ink: Blueberry Bushel
Tools/Accessories: Stylish Shapes Dies, Bough Punch, Elegant Eucalyptus Embossing Folder, Starry Sky Metallic Woven Ribbon, Paper Trimmer, Stampin’ Seal, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Mini Glue Dots
So, what do you think of the fractured card technique? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below. Check back tomorrow to see a treat box I made to coordinate!
I hope you will check out what the rest of the design team created for this week’s Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Click on the image below. Then Pick 3 and see what you can create.
Have a great day! I appreciate you stopping by!
Current Host Code: 6RX4P7YD
* If your order is under $150 be sure to add the host code to your order to receive a thank you gift from me. If your order is $150 or more, don’t use the host code. You will earn Stampin’ Rewards to spend as well as my thank you gift. All orders receive a handmade card in the mail from me.
CLICK HERE TO SHOP or Click on the product items listed below.
Today is the last day to take advantage of the Seasonal Sale! You don’t want to miss out on these savings. Complete your color collection and grab the basics you need to create!
- 20% off papers, including cardstock, specialty paper, and Designer Series Paper.
- 15% off inks, including pads, refills, markers, and Blends. *Bundles are not included.
- 10% off ribbons and trims.