I got together with my friend and teammate, Rosanne Mulhern, last week for some stamping fun! Truth be told we did more chatting than stamping but we did manage to create a few cards and I LOVE them!!!
We got this card fold idea from Rachel Tessman and decided to try it out with different DSP. I’ll share my measurements as I changed it a bit. First, let’s take a look at each of the double-sided cards I made with the gorgeous Regency Park Designer Series Paper!
I love the surprise you get when you open the card and see the patterned paper on the inside! Regency Park is my favorite DSP in the Mini Catalog! There’s so many more designs to love! I had fun playing with the different patterns and trying something a little different on each card. Are you ready for the details to create these cards?
- Card Base (Night of Navy): 4 3/16 x 5 1/2
- DSP (Regency Park): Cut 1/2 off the bottom of the 6 x 6 DSP (so it is 5 1/2 x 6). Then score at 1/2, and 4 3/4.
- Cardstock strips in coordinating colors: Need 2 strips. 1 1/2 x 5 1/2, 1/2 x 5 1/2
- Basic White cardstock: to stamp & punch flowers and leaves. Need Decorative Circle Punch, Petal Builder Punch, Double Oval Punch
- Cardstock for inside card: 4 x 5 1/4
- DSP for envelope: 2 1/4 x 6 or 2 x 6 with 1/4 x 6 cardstock strip
- Fold DSP along score lines. Adhere the 1/2 fold on the back of the cardstock piece that is your card base. This is what the back of the card will look like.
- Fold the other side of the DSP forward. This will create your card front.Adhere 1/2 x 5 1/2 strip along the DSP flap on the front of the card. Then adhere the 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 piece against the score line on the right side of the DSP. This will create a strong piece to open the card. Adhere the front flap with Stampin’ Seal. Here’s what the underside of the flap looks like before it’s adhered.
- Stamp leaves from Petal Park on Basic White cardstock with Soft Succulent and Shaded Spruce Ink. This is a two step stamp. Stamp the sold image first in Soft Succulent then stamp outline/detail stamp in Shaded Spruce.
- Punch with Decorative Circle Punch and/or fussy cut leaves to embellish front of card.
- Stamp sentiment on Decorative Circle using Night of Navy Ink. (Or stamp sentiment and punch with Double Oval Punch.) Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp flowers from Petal Park in ink to coordinate with colors in the DSP. This is a two step stamp. I inked the solid flowers first, stamped off, then stamped on Basic White piece. Stamp the outline/detail flower on top. Punch with Petal Builder Punch. Add details with Stampin’ Write Markers in colors to match flowers in DSP.
- Curl the ends of the flowers with a bone folder and adhere to Decorative Circle with Mini Glue Dots.
- Embellish with Adhesive-backed Milky Dots and ribbon or cardstock banners.
- Stamp and adhere cardstock to inside of card. Add extra punched flowers and/or fussy cut leaves if desired.
- Adhere DSP to envelope flap and trim with Paper Snips.
You can view the complete list of products used to create today’s cards below. Do you have a favorite card? I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below!
I’m excited for you to head over to Rosanne’s blog HERE to see her card design using different designer series paper. I know you’ll enjoy it!
SPECIAL OFFER!!! Make sure you have the right “tools” for the job!
Just Stampin’ Adhesive Tote
I’ve included my most used “go to” adhesives that I use for my card and 3D projects! This zipper tote includes:
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Tear & Tape
- Mini Glue Dots
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Stampin’ SEAL
- Stampin’ SEAL refill
- My Favorite Precision Tip Applicator (Non Stampin Up!) *Just fill with Multipurpose Liquid Glue for your fine-tip projects (adhering small embellishments and detailed die cuts).
Cost: $45 (*Includes shipping & handling plus FREE zipper tote and 12 sheets of 6×6 Dandy Designs Designer Series Paper shown below.)
Put your adhesives to use right away making fun projects with this DSP!
This adhesive tote will hold all your adhesive supplies and is easy to grab for stamping on the go!
Email me (email@example.com) with “Adhesive Tote” in the subject line. *Make sure you include your mailing address! Then send payment through PayPal. To do this, go to paypal.com, sign in or register for an account, click “Send” and fill in my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Fill in the amount ($45 which includes shipping), and Continue. If you do not use PayPal, you may send me a check.
Have a great day!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts. Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Current Host Code: C744KKNU
Shop and earn FREE products with your purchases during Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration event!! (Don’t wait…ends tomorrow, February 28th!)
If you are shopping today, make sure you check out the Clearance Rack before you checkout! Great deals up to 60% off! For the first time, they have added stamp sets!!
Click HERE to Shop or Click on the images below.