Yesterday I shared two versions of a sweet slider treat box for some foil covered chocolate hearts turned in to strawberries.
I had several people ask where I found the foil wrapped “strawberries”. Thanks to the Strawberry Builder Punch the transformation was quick and easy! I stamped the strawberry stem from the Sweet Strawberry Stamp set on Granny Apple Green cardstock with Garden Green Ink. I punched it out and added it to the top of the chocolate heart with Mini Glue Dots. Voila!
Here’s a tip when using the Strawberry Builder Punch (or any builder punch): Cut cardstock in strips to stamp and punch. That way you don’t waste cardstock punching the other pieces each time.
Today I have all the details to make these slider treat boxes. The box is made the same for both projects.
To make the box: Cut cardstock (Garden Green) 3 x 5 1/2 and score at 3/4″ on all four sides. Cut along the horizontal side up to the score line to form the tabs. Cut notches as shown and add adhesive to the tabs to adhere box together.
*Optional – I added a DSP layer (1 1/4 x 4) inside the bottom of the box.
To make the fold over belly band:
- Cut cardstock (Garden Green) 7 1/4 x 4 1/8. Score @ 3/4, 2 3/8, 3 1/8, 4 3/4, 5 1/2.
- With the Layering Circles Dies, cut a 1 1/8 circle from the cardstock (*see photo below).
- Stamp the strawberry vine in Garden Green Ink.
- Add a 5/8 x 4 strip of DSP between the score lines below the stamped image.
- Layer the Circle Dies and cut both at once. Adhere to the circle on top.
- On the backside of the circle add a 1 1/2 x 2 piece of Window Sheet with glue dots.
- Adhere a 1 1/2 x 4 piece of DSP along the bottom of the box. Stamp sentiment in Real Red on 3/4 x 2 1/2 piece of Whisper White. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Apply a strong adhesive (Stampin’ Seal or Tear & Tape) to the top of the box. Fold this piece over and adhere below the first score line.
- Adhere another 1 1/2 x 4 piece of DSP on the inside. Stamp sentiment in Real Red Ink on a scrap of Whisper White and fussy cut out. Adhere to DSP layer.
- Stamp two strawberry outlines in Poppy Parade ink on Whisper White. Stamp filler image in Poppy Parade stamping off first. Punch with Strawberry Builder Punch. Add stamped stem with glue dot and adhere one beside the sentiment on the inside.
- Stamp flowers with Flirty Flamingo and punch. Adhere to stamped vine with Mini Glue Dots. Add Heart Resin Dots to the centers.
- Slide in the box with candy and wrap Real Red ribbon around the box and tie a bow. Adhere stamped and punched strawberry to ribbon with a Stampin’ Dimensional. *The ribbon will slide on and off the box to open.
Here’s a look at the open and closed view side by side.
It’s easy to just slide the candy box out from either side of the treat holder.
The only difference between this “fold over” version and the stand up version (below) is the size of the cardstock for the belly band. It has one less score line and it a little taller.
The slider box, flowers, and circle window are made the same.
Here’s the measurements for the belly band and DSP:
Garden Green Cardstock: 7 1/2 x 4 1/8 scored at 3/4, 2 3/8, 4 3/4
Berry Delightful DSP: 5/8 x 4, 1 7/8 x 4
All the supplies to make this project are listed below. When you purchase $100 or more this month you can choose to receive the Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper for FREE! It comes in a bundle with the Berry Blessings stamp set. Here’s a look at the set.
This set coordinates with another stamp bundle in the new Mini Catalog, the Sweet Strawberry Bundle. This bundle includes the Strawberry Builder Punch!
If you like detailed photo tutorials to make cards and 3D projects order my Just Stampin’ Card Kit and 3D Project Buffet To Go! Click HERE for details.
How would you like to receive the Punch Party Stamp Set, exclusive tutorials, and more for FREE?
Here’s how you can receive the Punch Party Stamp Set for FREE..
- Contact your crafting friends and family and place an online order of $300. I can set up a hostess code for you and they can go online and have their order shipped directly to them and you will get the hostess rewards. Or you can take their orders and place the order yourself. I can help you with whichever way you prefer. You will not only earn the stamp set for FREE, you will also receive hostess $ towards anything else you want from either the annual catalog or new Mini Catalog. Plus everyone who orders at least $50 will get a FREE Sale-A-Bration item with their order!
- Simply place an online order with me this month (use the host code) and I will enter your name in a drawing to win this stamp set. I will post the lucky winner on February 1st. I love to reward my customers and this is just one of my “Just Stampin’ Rewards” this month! (*See below)
Have a great day! Stay Safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: GDYVVWVW
Product List (Click on image to shop my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in January:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- Chance to win the Punch Party Stamp Set. Anyone who orders this month will have their name entered in a drawing to win the Host only stamp set. Winner will be posted February 1st.
- Lots of Heart treat holder kit – Purchase $50 or more (before tax & shipping) and get a free kit to make the treat holder featured HERE.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials PLUS 3D Project Tutorial featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $50 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! January tutorials feature the Lots of Heart Bundle. *Click on the image below to view in my online store.
- FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice with every $50 (or $100) order!
JOIN MY TEAM!!! (*Perks include access to my exclusive tutorials and more!)
Sale-A-Bration is a great time to JOIN the fun and get the best deal of all!!!
- Choose $125 in Stampin’ Up! products (anything you want!) and pay only $99.
- FREE Shipping (10% savings!)
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit ($21 value)
- Save 20% or more off all future orders.
- Plus, you get five FREE packs of paper during Sale-A-Bration.…that’s over 200 sheets and a 67.00 value!
Click HERE to fill out the Starter Kit order form (let me know if you need any help). Then create another wish list of anything you want to buy at a 20% discount and get ready to place that first order!