I’m still making birthday cards! March is my busiest month for birthdays! I’m not a fan of real frogs (brings back memories of summers camping on Cape Cod when the boys would throw frogs in our inflatable boat); however, this little guy is stinkin’ adorable! I colored “Hoppy” with Stampin’ Blends and cut him out with the coordinating dies. (*The dies sold out fast but you can fussy cut him if you don’t have the dies). I popped him up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I stamped the “reed” (from the Home to Roost Stamp Set) on Whisper White cardstock then decided I wanted to add some color. I squeezed some Pool Party ink in the lid of the pad and added several drops of water from my Aqua Painter. Then I did a quick wash on the card. I like the subtle color. Normally I would have used Shimmery White cardstock if I was going to watercolor but this worked fine. It did curl a little but I just used extra adhesive on the back so it would lay flat.
The stamped sentiment comes from the So Hoppy Together Stamp Set and the new More Than Words Stamp Set. Both of these stamp sets are only available until March 31st (while supplies last). You can see all the products I used in the list below. Simply click on any of the images and you’ll be directed to my online store. Here’s the details and measurements.
- Card Base is Thick Whisper White that measures 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4.
- Layer 1 is 3 3/4 x 5 Powder Pink.
- Layer 2 (with stamped and die cut images) measures 3 1/2 x 4 3/4.
- Stamp grass with Lemon Lime Twist ink.
- Watercolor wash the background with Pool Party ink using Aqua Painter.
- Stamp sentiment and frog in Memento Black ink. Cut Hoppy from scrap piece and adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Color Frog with Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends Combo.
- Cut frog, flowers, and lily pad using Hop Around Framelits Dies (or fussy cut).
- Adhere die cut pieces. Pop Frog up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Decorate the envelope flap with a piece of Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper.
You can get the So Hoppy Together Stamp Set for FREE during Sale-A-Bration. Don’t wait….There’s less than 2 weeks left! He’d love to hop in your shopping cart!
Have you ordered my “Just Stampin’ Card Kit and 3D Project Buffet To Go” yet? I only have a few kits left for this month. Deadline to order is March 24th. Click HERE for details.
Have a great day!
*Host Code Exclusive! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Please use the current host code below. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to shop.
March Host Code: H9P4JHEV
So Hoppy Product List (CLICK ON ANY PRODUCT TO SHOP ONLINE):