Whisper White has been a Stampin’ Up! staple for so long. I love it and know you love it, too. Stampin’ Up! is sad to announce that the supplier’s mill producing our Whisper White cardstock has permanently closed due to impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, they weren’t given much notice on this closure. This means that the technology unique to this particular supplier is now unavailable to them and they can no longer offer our Whisper White cardstock and related products, such as Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes. Please note that this won’t affect any of our other cardstocks, this only affects Whisper White.
Stampin’ Up! knows Whisper White has a huge fan base and they are crushed that it’s going away. Even though this decision was out of their hands, rest assured that they jumped right into action to find the best replacement paper possible. They have dedicated many hours to source and test alternative cardstock options from several suppliers to find the perfect fit that still maintains the Stampin’ Up! quality you know and trust. I am happy to share that they have found a winner for our new cardstock, Basic White!
The quality of our new Basic White was thoroughly tested by the Stampin’ Up! quality assurance and product teams. It also tested very well with demonstrators and concept artists who gave it a huge thumbs up.
What does this mean for you?
With Whisper White going out of production, this means a number of Whisper White products will be affected. I wanted to give you this information before Whisper White products sell out and before all Basic White products are fully ready so you can include it in your crafting projects. Below is a list of all products that will be replaced with our new Basic White cardstock. These items are now available while supplies last! *Limit of 2 per item per order.
- Whisper White 12″ x 12″ (30.5 x 30.5 cm) Cardstock (124302)
- Assorted Memories & More Cards & Envelopes (149710)
- Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes (131527)
- Whisper White 3″ x 3″ (7.6 x 7.6 cm) Envelopes (145829)
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ x 11″ Cardstock (100730)
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ x 11″ Thick Cardstock (140272) *Not orderable.
- Whisper White Medium Envelopes (107301)
Since this change is outside their control, they haven’t been able to tackle all necessary alterations at once. You may still see the name Whisper White on some of our non-cardstock product labels, catalog, and marketing material for a while. They will be working on a rolling change to address this.Our new Basic White products will become available to purchase as soon as we have them in stock. This means that some Whisper White and Basic White products may be available at the same time. Additionally, due to the nature of sourcing, some Basic White products may not be available before the Whisper White products sell out. Stampin’ Up! is working on getting these products available as fast as possible.
While this has come as quite a surprise, hopefully this transition to our new Basic White products can be an exciting change for everyone!
They’ve created a flyer HERE for you with all the new Basic White product information in one place. You may want to print this out and put a copy of it with your catalog so you can easily access the new ordering information for these products.
Stampin’ Up! created a video that goes over a comparison of Whisper White to Basic White so you will know what to expect with this change. Watch the cardstock comparison; cutting, folding, tearing, stamping, and embossing. You can watch the video below.
It’s always hard to say goodbye, but I am excited about the new Basic White product line and hope you will be too!
If you need any of the Whisper White products to carry you over until the new Basic White is available see the product list below to place your order.
I’ll be back tomorrow to continue my 12 Days of Giveaways! There’s still time to enter. If you missed my Christmas Card Inspiration yesterday click HERE to view (and leave a comment).
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Check out the YEAR-END CLOSEOUTS and updated Clearance Rack for retiring items and special savings! Orders of $40 or more receive my exclusive monthly tutorials (*See my “Just Stampin’ Rewards below.) Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: TQMZQH6C
Product List (Click on image to shop in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in December:
- A 2021 Calendar card in the mail with any order as my thanks to you. *Cardstock colors and DSP may vary.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials PLUS 3D Project Tutorial featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! December tutorials feature the Snowflake Wishes Bundle. *The stamps and dies are not retiring; however, the bundle (10% savings) is only available through January 4th.
- Snowflake Wishes card kit – Purchase the Snowflake Wishes Bundle and get a free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial. *Click on the image below to purchase.
Exclusive Tutorials FREE with Purchase (or as member of my team)
- Poinsettia Petals – Purchase the Poinsettia Petals Bundle and get 3 exclusive tutorials Plus an extra Bonus tutorial featuring a 3D project (shown HERE). *The stamps and dies are not retiring; however, the bundle (10% savings) is only available through January 3rd.
- Celebration Tidings – *Retiring – AWSL Purchase the Celebration Tidings Stamp Set and Celebration Labels Dies and get 3 exclusive tutorials Plus an extra Bonus tutorial! Click HERE to see one of the cards included in the tutorials. *Note – It is cheaper to purchase the dies and stamp set separately (rather than the bundle) during the YEAR-END Closeout SALE going on now! (The dies are 50% off!!!)
- Arrange A Wreath– Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Arrange A Wreath Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Celebrate Sunflowers – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Jar of Flowers – Get 3 exclusive card tutorials with the purchase of the Jar of Flowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
Get Free Tutorials with purchase below. (Click on any image to view in my online store.
$35.00 SALE $17.50
9 thoughts on “Important News…Whisper White Cardstock Change”
Wow, I didn’t know about the new white. Doesn’t really matter I guess to me. Ironic I placed an order for two packs of the cardstock, envelopes, and a pack of note cards which should be arriving any day. I was down to just a couple of sheets and just starting my holiday cards. Just so we don’t run out of a good white is my main thing. Thanks for the update!
Good Morning Jeanie and WOW….I am very surprised about this but WOOT-WOOT to you in giving such an AMAZING post on this!
I am so sorry for Stampin’ Up! as you are soooooo right – this is just out of their control and I am sure that they were just shocked – goes to show that this terrible Covid does effect so many in many ways! One thing for sure….they will have an amazing replacement!
Thanks again, for the heads and the clarity you brought to us! Have a great weekend!
Thanks ,Jeanie ! I put in my order early this morning after reading this !