What are you planning to do today for World Card Making Day? I’m zooming with my fellow demonstrators and team members this afternoon. We’re planning a little show and tell to share some projects we have been working on. I can’t stop playing with the Celebrations Tidings Stamp Set and Celebration Labels Dies!
I love to create fun and different cards! This card idea is one of the exclusive card tutorials available this month with an online order of $40 or more. (*See my Just Stampin’ Rewards below.) If you purchase the Celebrate Tidings Bundle, you’ll also receive a kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorials. I have more awesome card ideas and a fun fold tutorial to share in addition to today’s cards! As you can see this bundle is so versatile! I used the different die cut shapes and stamps to create a Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas card. (And this is just 1 of the tutorials you’ll receive!) Here’s a look at each card.
The front of the Halloween card is embossed with the Cobwebs 3D Embossing Folder.
I used sentiments from A Wish For Everything on the inside of the cards.
Which one is your favorite? Leave me a comment below and I’ll pick a random winner to send one of these cards to! I’d love to hear what you are doing today to celebrate!
Today is a great day to make some cards, mail cards, or donate some cards in celebration of World Card Making Day! Let’s celebrate the joy of card making and sharing handmade cards with others!
Ideas for Sharing Your Hand-made Cards
- Give cards as gifts to friends and family: Package them up with a ribbon or in a cute box with envelopes for a ready-to-send present. I do this all the time My mom and sisters love to receive my card gift sets. Click HERE to see 2 ways to present your cards for gift giving (that I shared back in 2016).
- Local Assisted Living Communities: There are two ways to reach residents. One is to write notes in cards – ’thinking of you’ is always a great sentiment. The other option is to deliver cards and envelopes that residents can use to mail for their own card-sending occasions. My suggestion is to phone your local assisted living community and ask which they’d prefer and how many residents/cards they would like. I’ve shared several cards and gifts I’ve made for our local nursing home HERE and HERE.
- Churches: Many churches send cards to shut-ins or to those with health concerns. Some churches also send birthday and anniversary cards. Reach out to local churches and ask if they’d like cards and envelopes donated.
- Civic, church and school organizations: Need a fundraiser? Package cards 3-4 in a pack with envelopes and groups can sell card packs as a fundraiser (birthday pack, thank you pack, thinking of you pack). Pricing can vary depending on the purpose and area and complexity of cards, but a good starting point is $10-12 for 3 cards. Click HERE or HERE for some quick & easy ideas to create a set of cards!
- Thank You cards for first responders, military, veterans, teachers and civic workers: Write a note and drop a card in the mail to people who serve in your community. Everyone loves to be appreciated.
- Card for the Troops: There isn’t often a greeting card store available for military members serving overseas. Look up an organization in your area that specializes in sending boxes of greeting cards to bases overseas for soldiers to use in sending messages back home.
Have a great day! I hope you find time to share your creativity!
Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: XXUFPNCJ
Need DSP? Stock Up & Save this month! Select packs are 15% off during October.
Download the flyer here to see what Designer Series Paper is included in this awesome sale or Click on the images below to shop in my online store.
Designer Series Paper Sale (*15% discount will be shown when you click on the image.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in October:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- FREE card kit in the mail with any purchase from Oct.1-10 (in honor of World Card Making Day)!
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! October tutorials feature the Celebration Tidings Bundle. *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: XXUFPNCJ
- Free card kit – Purchase the Celebration Tidings Bundle and get a free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial. *Click on the image below to purchase.
Exclusive Tutorials FREE with Purchase (or as a member of my team)
- Arrange A Wreath– Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Arrange A Wreath Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Celebrate Sunflowers – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Jar of Flowers – Get 3 exclusive card tutorials with the purchase of the Jar of Flowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
Join my team and have access to my exclusive monthly tutorials and MORE!
Get Free Tutorials with purchase below. (Click on any image to view in my online store.)
23 thoughts on “Let’s Celebrate World Cardmaking Day!”
Considering I LOVE all three cards, this is tough to do. However, I will go with the Christmas card.
My favorite is the Christmas card. All are beautiful and having to choose one is tough. Enjoy this cardmaking day, Jeanie!
These are all very cute and creative! That plaid gets me every time though,
I must say the Halloween one has me smitten – it’s A-dorable! Love your cards
Hi Jeanie . . . What a great post. I love all your links. Nice to have a little reminder. Your cards are always great. Today, I like the last one, the Fall/Thanksgiving card . . . just perfect.
Have a blessed day.
I love all three cards but I have to say the plaid Always Grateful card is my favorite. Plaid gets me every time!
All three are wonderful but I chose the Thanksgiving Always Grateful card as my favorite. Would also love to know how you joined the die cuts at the top to make the fold in the cards. You’re so clever with your designs. Enjoy your creations everyday.
How fun! All are great and who wouldn’t want one of these beauties? Each are so fun with all these details. The sentiment in the Halloween card made me smile so it gets my vote. Great ideas for creating cards and I think I spend at least half my time making and sharing my cards in the ways you listed. Great blog post Jeanie.
It was hard to pick, but I like the last card. I ordered the bundle and the plaid paper. Love it
Honestly, Jeanie, I love all three cards!! The plaid DSP is so pretty & I always lean toward blue for my Christmas cards (I try to use red & green!!). Until seeing your cards, I didn’t realize the Celebrations Tidings border stamp fit so perfectly inside the Celebrations Labels dies. Good to know!
I guess my choice would be the Halloween card. Thanks for the chance to win!
Jeanie, Your cards are ALWAYS beautiful! My favorite of these is the fall card. The colors are beautiful. I’m so glad that you are sharing cards you made for nursing homes. My hubby is in one and I made 54 cards or Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. I’m always looking for masculine card ideas! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
All of your cards are really pretty but my favorite one is the plaid one for Thanksgiving! I love all the Fall colors! I spent my afternoon in my craft room making cards for sick and shut ins and sadly, some sympathy cards!
Keep sharing your beautiful cards!!
All three cards are great, and it was a tough choice, but I think the Christmas one is my favorite! I got to go to a local SU party today for the first time since February, so it was a great way to celebrate World Cardmaking Day!
I like the plaid one but can’t imagine how you got it just a smidge smaller than the base unless you fussy cut it. I like them all but that one is my fave.
The dies have a stitched line border. I believe Jeanie cut away the outside edge of the plaid paper at the stitch line which made the plaid slightly smaller than the black.
Can I buy just the tutorials? I already have the Celebration Tidings bundle.
I loved the Always Grateful card the most…but it was a difficult decision since they were all adorable!
I sent cards to my brothers, sisters and kids to show everyone that I was thinking of them.
This is an awesome Card Idea!!!! For any occasion. We have a card ministry and always welcome handmade cards. There are only 4 of us right now. but hope more tag along. Thank you for your ideas. We certainly appreciate them. They are great!! Thanks