Oh my Gosh! I am totally on board with the latest craze of slimline cards! This may well be my favorite card I’ve ever made! (And it’s not even a fun fold!!! LOL)
I love to color! I find it so relaxing and had so much fun coloring this card with my Stampin’ Blends. I got my color inspiration from the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper. I made this card to fit in a #10 (business size) envelope. Because it is long I decided to use a bit of the DSP on the front of the envelope. How did I do coloring the card to match the DSP? (It’s really so easy with Blends!!!)
I wanted to use the Stitched Rectangle Dies and I learned this cool trick from Gina K (of Gina K Designs) when I attended one of her workshops a few years ago. Just cut and stamp two of the dies and add a strip across the middle to make it appear seamless.
Here’s the measurements for this slimline card:
Card Base (So Saffron): 8 x 9 1/4 scored at 4
Basic Black: (2) 3 1/8 x 8 3/8, 3 x 1 5/8, 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 (to cut Scalloped Oval Die)
Shimmery White: Cut 2 Stitched Rectangles (3 x 4 3/8) *You will need to trim ~ 1/4″ to fit, 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 to stamp and cut with Layering Ovals Die, 3 x 8 1/4 (inside)
So Saffron: 3 x 1 1/2 embossed with Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder
Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper: 2 3/4 x 4 1/8 (envelope)
Stamp Sets: Ornate Style, Beauty Abounds (sentiment) Papers: Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper, Shimmery White, Basic Back, So Saffron Inks: Memento Black, Stampin’ Blends in So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Mango Melody Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Dies, Layering Oval Dies, Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Seal, Stampin’ Dimensionals
What do you think of slimline cards? Do you like them or not? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below. I love how this sentiment from Beauty Abounds works so well with this “big” card! I also like that sometimes you want/need more space to write and this size card is perfect.
Have a great day! Stay Safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop and check out the new features in our Online Store!
August Host Code: XE6X4DFG
Product List (Click on any image to shop in my online store.)
Redeem Bonus Days Coupons Now! If you shopped in July, don’t forget to redeem your coupons this month!
- At check out, there will be a section to enter your coupon code. It’s easiest to copy and paste from your email right into that box.
- Enter as many coupons per order as you wish. Each one will take $5 off your net total.
- For EACH individual Coupon Code enter it in the box as shown below and click Apply. If you have 3 separate codes you’ll be entering and pressing “apply” three separate times.
- Coupon codes must be redeemed by Aug. 31, 2020To make sure you’re shopping with me, click HERE.
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in August:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- BOGO ($ for $) Choose items for FREE from my Retired List HERE up to the amount of your online purchase (before tax, shipping & handling). You just pay the shipping cost for me to send them to you. *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: XE6X4DFG
- Free tutorials and more with purchase. *See list below.
Exclusive Tutorials FREE with Purchase (*In addition to rewards above! Please remember to add the host code!)
- Celebrate Sunflowers – Get 3 exclusive tutorial with the purchase of the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Jar of Flowers – Get 3 exclusive card tutorials with the purchase of the Jar of Flowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
Product List (Click on any image to view larger in my online store.)
17 thoughts on “Making It Slim with Ornate Style”
This card is beautiful. I think your coloring is perfect.
I was thinking of this style for my Christmas cards. Have a blessed day.
I love your beautiful card, Jeanie, with your awesome coloring. Great job! Enjoy your day!
What a lovely card! Thanks for the measurements, as I would like to give this size card a try.
Great coloring and love the new slimline cards. Stampin Up should get on the bandwagon. Great inspiration from you. Going to try and use up some DSP and copy your card. I’m not much of a colorer. LOL.
I am so happy you shared a slimline card! I love these and they have been popular now for a while. Nice to see one using DU product. I love your card and your tip for the seamless look on the longer card.
Simply gorgeous. I love it. Oh, I am CASEing this. I like this style of card as you can make them vertical or horizontal too and they can look so dramatic like yours. The envelope is the best also. Great job as always!!!
Fabulous! So fun and fresh and the colors…..SUPER-DE-DUPER!!!
WOW! A beautiful card and thanks for sharing the measurements so I won’t have to ask😉 Ha
I sent you an email today but had trouble with the server. Please let me know if you got it!
I have never made a slim line card yet i like the look of them and your card is beautiful
I just LOVE slim line cards. In fact, I cut out cardstock yesterday to make one. Now I have a case! Yay! I love all your creations, but man are you costing me a lot of money that I really don’t have to spend since this COVID-19…BUT it is much appreciated. TFS
Thank you for the info. I have been looking for dimensions for the slimline. Different utubes had conflicting information. This is so helpful.
I love the card! The coloring is beautiful!
Jeanne I love this Card because it’s anotyway of using my favorite suite!! I’ll be CASING it for sure. Thanks for sharing!!
Wow! Ok Jeanne, I’m ready to hop on board the Slimline Train!! Simply beautiful card and I’m anxious to CASE!
Love, love, love the Slimline-you have given me the inspiration to give it a try! Brilliant idea by Gina K, your blending is beautiful! This card is a winner!