Happy 4th of July! We watched Hamilton last night (I highly recommend it!!!) and it really put me in the Patriotic spirit! I love celebrating this holiday for so many reasons! This year is a little different celebration but I’m determined to make it a fun family celebration none the less! Usually we would be celebrating with 20 or more of my family in Massachusetts with a traditional New England clamboil! Yum!! (I am really missing my fresh seafood this summer!!!!) Even though it will be just the three of us (quarantined at home) this year, there’s two traditions that we keep no matter where we celebrate…a flag cake and sparklers! While my daughter baked and decorated the cake this year, I made table favors.
Sparklers are so much fun for any age! These tags are quick & easy to make with the Stitched Stars Dies and some red, white, and blue!
Here”s the details:
- Real Red: 2 x 4, 3/4 x 2 1/4 strip for sentiment
- Whisper White: 1 3/4 x 3 3/4
- Pacific Point: 2 1/4 x 4 1/4 to cut stars, 7/8 x 2 1/4
- Adhere Whisper White to Real Red. Punch 1/4 hole at the top and bottom.
- Cut Stitched Star Die and layer on white strip. Slide sparkler through the holes and through the top and bottom of the stars to hold the die in place. (No adhesive needed!)
- Stamp sentiment from Celebrate Sunflowers with Versamark on Real Red strip and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Adhere Pacific Point layer then adhere on stars with Stampin’ Dimensionals. (These keep the die in place.)
- Thread a 6″ piece of Real Red Stitched Grosgrain ribbon (from Playful Pets Combo Pack) through the hole at the bottom and tie a simple knot. Adhere leftover stars from die with mini glue dots on top of ribbon and sentiment.
Did you notice the candy cup in the photo above? The Mini Coffee Cup is a sneak peek from the Holiday Mini Catalog which will debut next month! It’s part of the Heartwarming Hugs Suite and has dies to cut wraps to go around the cups, a stamp set with lots of sentiments and images to decorate the cups, embossing folders, DSP, ribbons, embellishments, and even a Mini Coffee Cup Carrier. I’ll be sharing more about all that later! For now, lets take a look at this Patriotic cup which holds some red, white, and blue M&M’s.
This is another simple project that’s quick & easy! I cut 6 red strips measuring 3/4 x 3 1/2 and adhered them around the cup. I used the Warm Wraps Dies (available in August) to cut the wrap around the bottom. I punched the stars and added those around the bottom with mini glue dots then added a rhinestone to each. I filled a cellophane bag with M&M’s and tied it with the stitched red grosgrain ribbon. I cut a red circle using the largest Layering Circles Dies for the base. These would make great gifts for friends, neighbors, or veterans!
Here’s a look at some other 4th of July and Patriotic projects I’ve shared starting with my very first blog post from 4 years ago today !(*You can click on the image to see the original post.)
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits, tutorials, treats, and more! * See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop.
July Host Code: MB9R99YU
Product List (Click on the image to purchase in my online store.)
EARN BONUS DAYS COUPONS IN JULY – For every $50 you spend July 1 – August 3, 2020 (before shipping and tax), you earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be redeemed August 4 – 31 2020.
- EARN July 1 – August 3, 2020
- For every $50 you spend (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 4-31, 2020.
- There is no limit to how many coupons you can earn, so shop all month-long!
- An email address is required to receive Bonus Days coupon codes.
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect in addition to BONUS DAYS COUPONS when you place an online order with me in July:
- Handmade thank you card (featured HERE) in the mail with any order.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! July tutorials feature the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: MB9R99Y
- Free card kit – Purchase the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle and get a free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial. *Click on the image below to purchase.
FREE Tutorials with Purchase (Please remember to add the host code!)
- Jar of Flowers – Get 3 exclusive card tutorials with the purchase of the Jar of Flowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
Product List (Click on the image to purchase in my online store.)
9 thoughts on “Let’s Celebrate…Blog Candy Winner and More!”
💙🇺🇸❤️Happy 4th of July, Jeanie and family! It’s great to see your Flag cake, again, this year even with us having to celebrate so differently.
Love all your decorations! Thank you! And may God Bless America 💙🇺🇸♥️
Yum yum ! How delicious your cake looks ! Plus just look at all the cute 4th projects !
Miss Jeanie makes the FUNNEST stuff !!
Happy 4th !
I just have to say your creations are amazing! Your ideas – I don’t know how you do it. Your 4th of July creations are beautiful. Wish I had seen them sooner to create them but I guess I’ll save them for next year! Happy 4th of July and enjoy this wonderful day!
Congrats to Pat V on your win! I love all your projects today, Jeanie. Happy 4th and enjoy that yummilious dessert.
Jeanie, you have outdone yourself!!! Love all these fun goodies!!!
What fun and unique projects! Really cool! My hometown is Lexington, Massachusetts. I still miss it. Fresh seafood (sigh) yes! Miss going to the Cape…
Yes, Jeanie, I remember your first blog!!! Such a pleasure to know you. Thank you for all you have taught me!
Have a blessed and safe July 4th!
Happy blog anniversary! Congrats to Pat! Love all your festive food and decorations. Everyone stay safe and have a good 4th of July.
I love that you decorate and make fun things even if it’s just the three of you! You Celebrate in style! Happy Fourth. Enjoy that lucious-looking cake!