Yesterday I posted several card ideas for teachers, school employees, or your favorite student. Back to school this year is certainly different during the current pandemic. With so many changes facing teachers, students, and parents, it’s nice to let them know you’re thinking of them. Everyone loves to feel appreciated and these easel cards are quick & easy to make to brighten someone’s day!
Here’s the details to create a chalkboard easel card:
- Card Base (Thick Very Vanilla): 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Basic Black: 3 3/4 x 3 3/4
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper: 2 strips 3/4 x 4 1/4, 2 strips 3/4 x 5 1/2
- Fold and burnish the card base.
- Line up the open end of the card base at the 3/4″ mark (along the right side of the trimmer) and cut up to the 1″ mark. Flip the card and do the same on the other side of the card.
- Turn the card sideways so the cut marks line up at the 1″ mark (along the right side of the trimmer). Start at 3/4″ and cut to the 3 1/2″ mark (to remove piece between the cut lines).
- Stamp sentiment on black cardstock with Versamark Ink and emboss with white embossing powder using the Heat Tool.
- Use a sponge or tissue to dab White Craft Ink around the sentiment. Swirl in a circular motion as if you were erasing a chalkboard.
- Adhere black piece to card base.
- Adhere DSP strips along the top and bottom first, then adhere DSP along the sides overlapping the top and bottom piece.
- Embellish chalkboard as desired.
Here’s a little more details for each one…
Stamp sets: Harvest Hellos, Celebrate Sunflowers. Die cut letters using Playful Alphabet Dies. Create medal with Layering Circles Dies, Stitched Stars Dies, and Misty Moonlight 1/4″ Ribbon.
Stamp Sets: Nothing Better Than, Daisy Lane, Forever Fern. Embellish with Stitched Stars Dies.
Stamp Sets: Free As A Bird, Ornate Thanks, Good Morning Magnolia. Die Cut greenery from Sunflowers Dies. Punch vase from Artistry Blooms Designer Series Paper using Vases Builder Punch. Create banner using Banners Pick A Punch. Flower punched from Confetti Flowers Border Punch.
Stamp Sets: Massive Thanks, Good Morning Magnolia. Create Banner using Banners Pick A Punch and Stitched Stars Dies.
Create a coordinating Post It Note Gift using the Apple Builder Punch and Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper. Click HERE or on the image below to view the original post for directions.
Here’s another idea for a great little gift/treat holder for a student or teacher. *Click HERE to view the original post.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
September Host Code: T6C2VFBK
Product List (Click on image to view more details and shop from my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in September:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! September tutorials feature the Arrange A Wreath Bundle. *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: T6C2VFBK
- Free card kit – Purchase the Arrange A Wreath Bundle and get a free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial. *Click on the image below to purchase
Exclusive Tutorials FREE with Purchase (*In addition to rewards above! Please remember to add the host code!)
- Celebrate Sunflowers – Get 3 exclusive tutorial with the purchase of the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Jar of Flowers – Get 3 exclusive card tutorials with the purchase of the Jar of Flowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
Product List (Click on any image to view larger in my online store.)
Join my team and get extra rewards this month! Plus have access to my exclusive monthly tutorials!
Get & Go Starter Kit Special
Includes 16 Card Kits, 2 FREE Stamp Sets, and MORE!!!
- For $99 you GET $125 in products that YOU get to choose PLUS…
- Two FREE stamp sets (Queen Anne’s Lace and So Much Love)
- 16 Card Kits and Envelopes
- Basic Rhinestone Jewels
- FREE SHIPPING
- Use Card Kits for your personal crafting, to craft with a friend, OR for your first class or event.
- Click Here for a few FAQs about being a demonstrator.
- Click HERE to Join NOW!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want more information! I’d love to chat!