Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of my blog! If you missed that post you want to check it out HERE and leave a comment for a chance to win some blog candy. My very first blog post was a treat holder for the Fourth of July and I promised I would share what I made for this year’s cookout.
These are really quick and easy to make and the best part is all you have to do is change the paper and die and you can have a treat holder for any occasion. I’m thinking a pumpkin for Halloween, leaves for Thanksgiving, a pine tree (or today’s star in some glimmer paper) for Christmas, hearts for Valentine’s Day…you get the idea. Here’s the details how to make these sweet and simple treat holders…
Start with a piece of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cardstock. (You can make 4 treat holders from 1 sheet of cardstock.) Score the short side at 1″ and 3 1/4″. Score the long side at 2 1/4″ and 3 1/4″.
Fold and crease along the score lines. With the long side facing you, cut up to the 1″ score line on both sides. Notch the center pieces so it will fold easily.
Add Tear & Tape or Fast Fuse as shown. You want to secure the tabs first then adhere the front flaps back.
How easy is that?! Then just decorate your treat holder as desired. I used the star die from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits and added a Metallic Enamel Star in the center. The 3′ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bags were the perfect size to fill with some patriotic Hershey Kisses. I tied the bags with Pacific Point 1/4″ Stitched-Edge Ribbon. Here’s the different color combinations I made.
Every year I make the same cake for our cookout…it’s a simple jello poke cake with whip cream on top and decorated to look like a flag. It’s yummy!
Both the cake and the treat holders were a big hit! I hope you were able to celebrate the holiday with family & friends! Do you have special holiday food or traditions? I would love for you to leave a comment below.
Have a wonderful day!
You can purchase any of the products used to make today’s project from my online store. Click HERE to shop and earn Bonus Days coupons! To get a FREE thank you gift from me, simply enter the host code at checkout when shopping from my online store.
Current Host Code: TUBYVJ69
Bonus Days are back! For every $50 you spend between July 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 1–31.
- There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
- Click here for more details.
Feel free to email me (email@example.com) if you have any questions!
Our Christmas in July promotion makes it easier than ever to sign up to be a demonstrator (hobby or business demonstrator)!
When you join my team in July…
- You will receive a FREE Essentials Gift Pack with your Starter Kit ($52 value)
- 118485 D Block (2 of them)
- 130148 Grid Paper
- 103579 Paper Snips
- 104332 SNAIL Adhesive
- 102300 Bone Folder
- PLUS, to give you a taste of the perks of being a demonstrator, Stampin’ Up! will also include the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the holiday catalog for FREE ($20 value)
With so many basic items provided, you’ll be able to get your brand, new business/hobby off to a fast start—and spend your Starter Kit dollars (choose $125 for only $99) on things like your favorite stamp sets and accessories!
- This offer is good for any recruit who joins during the month of July, including former demonstrators.
- All Starter Kit orders must be submitted by 11:59 PM (MT) on July 31 to be eligible for this promotion.
- Essential Gift Pack items (& Carols of Christmas stamp set) may not be exchange for other products.
- Please note: The Essentials Gift Pack will automatically be added to the Starter Kit.
Click HERE for more information or click below to Join the Fun!
Click HERE to Join Now!
I look forward to welcoming you to my team!