Today’s card showcases the “Spotlighting” technique. It is similar to Double Time Stamping except it is done using designer series paper instead of stamping on cardstock. Spotlighting is a quick & easy technique achieved with layering dies. I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies but you can use any Layering Dies to achieve this look. I would like to give a shout out and special thanks to Linda Heller for this technique reminder! I used one of my favorite suites in the new annual catalog, Forever Greenery.
The Forever Greenery Suite Collection includes
* Forever Fern Cling Stamp Set (10% off)
* Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper
* Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper
* Gold Hoops Embellishments
* Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack
* Greenery Embossing Folders
* Forever Flourishing Dies (10% off)
Product colors: Garden Green, Just Jade, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty Peacock, Shaded Spruce, Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White
One of my favorite things when creating is to use every scrap of DSP. This is a personal challenge of mine and I love it when there is no waste! This card meets the challenge!
Here’s the details:
- Garden Green: 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2 for card base, 3 x 4 1/4 to cut Stitched Rectangle Die, 1/4 x 6 strip for envelope flap
- DSP (Forever Greenery): 6 x 6 cut in to 3 pieces – 2 x 6, 4 x 5 1/4, 3/4 x 4
- Whisper White: 4 x 5 1/4 (inside piece) scrap to stamp and cut with Stitched Oval
- Old Olive: 3 x 4 to cut with Forever Flourishing Dies
- Ribbon and Trim: 5″ (Pretty Peacock/Old Olive Reversible Ribbon), 9″ Gold Metallic Trim (from Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack)
- Fold and burnish the card base.
- Use Layering Rectangle Dies to center and cut 4 x 5 1/4 DSP with smaller of the dies. Use larger of the dies to cut Garden Green cardstock.
- Adhere the 4 x 5 1/4 DSP to the card base.
- Adhere the die cut DSP to the die cut cardstock layer. Wrap ribbon around and secure on back then adhere to card base making sure to line up the design so it looks like one continuous piece of DSP.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White scrap and cut with oval from Stitched Shapes Dies. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut Old Olive cardstock with Forever Flourishing die and Adhere with mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Make a triple bow with Gold Metallic Trim and adhere with a Glue dot.
- Adhere the Whisper White and DSP strip to the inside of the card. There’s plenty of room to stamp a sentiment or add a hand written message.
- Adhere Garden Green Strip and 2 x 6 DSP to envelope flap and trim to fit.
I made this card for my friend and neighbor! I usually fill the urns in front of our house with Kimberly Ferns. (*They don’t need as much water as Boston Ferns and stay healthy and full all summer long!) My friend noticed my empty pots this year and picked up some ferns for me and delivered them to my doorstep! She totally made my day! How perfect is this DSP as a thank you card for her?!
It’s these simple acts of kindness that make such a difference in our lives especially during these difficult times. I would love to hear about acts of kindness in your life….either to or from others! Leave a comment below and share an act of kindness that you did or received.
I hope you’ll give this technique a try!
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits, tutorials, treats, and more! * See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop.
June Host Code: PBQNSJER
Product List (Click on the image to purchase in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in June:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- 3 FREE exclusive card tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! June tutorials feature the Jar of Flowers Bundle. You can view one of the cards included in the tutorial HERE. *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: PBQNSJER
- Bonus– Free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial if you purchase the Jar of Flowers Bundle. *Click on the image below to purchase.
FREE Tutorials with Purchase (Please remember to add the host code!)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Everything is Rosy – Purchase the Product Medley (on sale for $44/reg. $80) and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials plus a purse kit (featured HERE).
Product List (Click on the image to purchase in my online store.)
ANNUAL CATALOG KICKOFF CELEBRATION
From June 3-30, earn an additional $25 in Stampin’ Rewards on orders of $250 or more! Ask me how to host a virtual party! Contact your friends to go in on a large order or shop big for yourself and enjoy the extra rewards!
PICK A FREE BUNDLE STARTER KIT PROMOTION
From June 3-30, when you purchase a Starter Kit, you can select ONE stamp and punch bundle (p. 168–169) or ONE stamp and die bundle (p. 173-179) from the 2020–2021 Annual Catalog in addition to $125 of product for only $99!
Contact me for more information or click HERE then click JOIN and start your stamping journey! It’s a great time to stamp and/or work from home!
Click Here for a few FAQs about being a demonstrator.
4 thoughts on “Spotlighting Forever Greenery”
Perfectly customized card for such a nice gesture by your neighbor.
What a perfect card for your neighbor’s kindness. I haven’t gotten my ferns yet this year either and think I’ll buy my neighbor a couple when I get mine and make a card like yours to go with them. He cut a fallen tree out of my driveway one morning when I was rushing out to a meeting 2 hrs away! TFS
What a wonderful card and little story. So many incidences of Good deeds.
Love this card ! Especially the story behind it ! I love this dsp Forever Greenery ,but I was stumped as to what to do with this particular bold design ! Thank you !