Today’s project features a quick & easy fun box. I adapted an EOS lip balm box created by Sam Donald (Pootles.com) to fit the adorable Bee Hive Tea Lights I found on Etsy.
I chose to use the pretty floral prints from the Best Dressed, Bird Ballad, and Ornate Garden Designer Series Papers. I think flowers and bees just go together. I embellished each one a little different using the different punches (medium daisy, small bloom, leaf, and sprig). All three have a bee from the Honey Bee Bundle. Here’s a look at each one.
My favorite part is the surprise when you remove the lid. The box just falls open showcasing the bee hive tea light candle inside.
Here’s the details to make the explosion box:
- Box: 6 x 6 scored at 2″ on all sides
- Lid: 4 x 4 scored at 1″ on all sides
- Insert: 1 7/8 x 5 1/2 scored at 1 7/8, 2 3/8, 4 1/4, 4 3/4
- DSP: 1 7/8 square for top piece, (4) 1 3/4 squares for inside panels
- Cardstock panels (inside): (4) 1 7/8 squares
- Fold and burnish box then cut off the 4 corners. Round the corners on all the remaining ends.
- Corner round the top 2 sides of each of the cardstock panels and DSP panels. Adhere to the inside of the box.
- Fold and burnish the lid. Cut and notch the corners as shown below. Add adhesive to the notched ends then fold the ends in to form the lid.
- Use the Layering Circles to cut a scallop circle in the insert piece to hold the candle. Fold and burnish along the score lines. Add adhesive to the short end and fold to form the insert. Adhere to the inside of the box.
- Add DSP panel to the top of the box. Embellish with punched layers as desired to coordinate with DSP. Add DSP strips or ribbon around the lid.
- Stamp the bee from the Honey Bee Stamp Set in Memento Black Ink and cut out with the Detailed Bee Dies. Color the stripes with the So Saffron Blends and adhere to the top of the lid with 2 Stampin’ Dimensionals layered together to give added height.
This would make a nice hostess or housewarming gift. Add it to a basket with some fresh bread and honey and you have a quick & easy gift for someone. It also makes a great little thinking of you gift for a friend. You can easily add a stamped sentiment on the inside lid of the box. I stamped the sentiment from the Honey Bee Stamp Set on a 1 7/8″ Whisper White square. There’s even room to add a little message and sign. It’s a card and gift all in one!
I really miss getting together with my friends! I plan to leave these little surprises in local mailboxes. Hope it adds a smile to their face during this stressful time. Do you have a favorite? Leave me a comment below.
You can click HERE to order the Bee Hive Tea Lights from Etsy.
Make sure you check back tomorrow afternoon for the Stampin’ Up! Retirement List. Designer Series Papers, ribbons, stamps, etc. from the 2020 Jan. – June Mini Catalog and 2019 -2020 Annual Catalog will be retiring the end of May. Don’t wait if there is something you want as the retiring items will be available while supplies last.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits, tutorials, and more! * See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop.
April Host Code: 2C2S6XZE
If you are placing an order from my online shop today, don’t forget to check out the Clearance Rack for some great deals! New items added…up to 60% off!
Product List (Click on image to shop or view in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in April:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- FREE fun fold pocket card tutorial (featured HERE) with the Ornate Garden “Suite Product Share”.
- 3 FREE exclusive card tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! April tutorials feature the Ornate Garden Suite (Check it out HERE). *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. April Host Code: 2C2S6XZE
- Bonus– Free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial if you purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Free Gift – Mini Notebook (featuring the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper) with an order of $50 or more (before tax & shipping).
Click HERE to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin to receive the May 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit featuring 12 cards and the new In Colors!