Yesterday I shared my new favorite fun fold card I made for Easter. Today I have a photo tutorial for you along with another version I made for Mother’s Day.
This beautiful bouquet will last forever! I used the same fun fold “formula” along with the Best Dressed Designer Series Paper and Word Wishes Dies that I used on my Easter card. The flowers are from the Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set and die cut with the Bouquet Bunch Dies. I love this sweet color combination: Petal Pink, Lovely Lipstick, and Whisper White (with a touch of green).
Here’s the Easter card I shared yesterday.
I made 25 of these Easter cards so I worked “assembly line style”. I cut, scored, stamped, and die cut everything, then put it all together. Here’s a look at all the pieces (*minus the Word Wishes die cut, “Happy Easter”).
Here’s all the details:
Stamps & Dies
- Hold On To Hope Stamp Set
- Crosses of Hope Dies
- A Wish for Everything Bundle (A Wish for Everything Stamp set and Word Wishes Dies)
Materials & Measurements
- Card base (Purple Posy cardstock): 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 scored at 2 3/4
- DSP Layer on card base: 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
- Middle layer (Purple Posy cardstock): 2 x 4 1/2 scored at 1/2, 2 1/4, 4
- DSP Layer in middle (Best Dressed floral pattern): 1 7/8 x 3 1/2
- Curved front panel (Purple Posy): 1 1/4 x 6 1/2 scored at 1/2 on each end
- Whisper White: (2) 2 1/2 x 4 for stamped panels on the back of the card, scraps to stamp sentiment, stamp and die cut flowers, and die cut Happy Easter
- Sparkle Glimmer Paper: 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 (to die cut cross) Color with Highland Heather reinker and Aqua Painter
- Purple Posy: 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 (to die cut cross)
- Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon: ~5″ Color with Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend
- Highland Heather Classic Ink
- Fold and burnish card base and front strip along the score lines. Apply liquid glue to the tabs on the front strip and adhere to the card base on each side.
- Adhere the DSP panel to the back of the card sliding the bottom under the front panel so it hides the side tabs. Gently fold the card base along the score line making sure you don’t crease the front panel. You can see how it “pops out”.
- Adhere DSP to the middle panel. Fold along the center score line to crease the DSP. Fold in the edges & glue these to the back of the card laying down completely flat and in line with the center fold when gluing down the tabs.
- Glue the floral die cut on the front of the card along the left side. Adhere stamped panels on the back of the card.
- Adhere Happy Easter die cut sentiment along front piece.
- Paint the Sparkle Glimmer die cut cross with Highland Heather ink (put a few drops of reinker in the lid of the stamp pad) using an Aqua Painter. Let dry then adhere to the solid cross. You could use a fine-tip glue pen but, I prefer to use liquid glue and apply with a sponge dauber on a silicone craft mat. Add a Rhinestone Jewel in the center of the cross.
- Color the Whisper White Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon using the Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend. This is so quick & easy to do!!!! Adhere ribbon to the cross using Mini Glue Dots. (I put two on the back to hold the ribbon and 1 on the front.)
- Put 3 Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals on the center fold of the middle layer to adhere the cross.
- Stamp Hold on to Hope on 1/2 x 2 1/2 Whisper White strip and cut apart. Adhere to front of card as shown.
The base of this card is just 1/4 sheet of cardstock which makes it easy to fold flat to fit in the envelope to mail.
When the recipient opens the card it pops out and stands up for a wonderful display! (*The crease is the card base makes the front come forward like you’re reading/holding a book.)
Which version do you like better, Mother’s Day or Easter?
I am working on another version for Father’s Day! I just love making these!!! Email me if you have any questions! I hope you can find some time today to get creative!
Don’t forget to order your Just Stampin’ Card Kit and 3D project Buffet to Go! Click HERE for details.
I’m also offering a “Suite” Product Share with the new Ornate Garden Suite. Click HERE for details.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits, tutorials, and more! * See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop.
April Host Code: 2C2S6XZE
Product List for Mother’s Day card (Click on image to SHOP)
Product List for Easter Card
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in April:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- FREE fun fold pocket card tutorial (featured HERE) with the Ornate Garden “Suite Product Share”.
- 3 FREE exclusive card tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! April tutorials feature the Ornate Garden Suite (Check it out HERE). *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. April Host Code: 2C2S6XZE
- Bonus– Free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial if you purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Free Gift – Mini Notebook with an order of $50 or more (before tax & shipping).
I appreciate everyone’s comments! The winner of the mini notebook from the other day is Beth McCullough! Congratulations Beth! Email me (j’email@example.com) your address and I will pop one in the mail to you!
11 thoughts on “Pop Up Fun Fold Card Tutorial”
Fabulous, Jeanie! I can’t wait to try one!
I love this. So unique and fun. Thanks for all the pictures–I couldn’t imagine how it folded flat to go in an envelope! It’s definitely on my To CASE list!
Love your work. Great designs and colour selections
Wow, that is what your cards today are. Thanks so much for sharing, I am headed to my craft room to give one a try.
Amazing cards! I have not done one of those. Will give it a try another day. Today, I was smiling as I received my share of goodies plus the water lillies or whatever kit that was. The silent auction has been postponed a couple of weeks so I have plenty of time to make it up for the auction. I didn’t open the share yet but it looks amazing and so well packaged! You are a sweetie. My bunny card is sitting by a basket with glass eggs a lady gave me when I was a kiddo. Even the green plastic grass is still intact. She used some old costume jewelry to adorn the eggs. One has one of my mom’s pieces too. Thanks for the smile.
Oh, I forgot to congratulate Beth on her win of one of your cute notebooks.
Thanks for the instructions! I made a birthday card using this pop up after I saw yours – went back in SU time and used the SAB Hey Chicks chickens on the middle pop up layer!
What a wonderful card! Thank you for such clear instructions, looking forward to making this awesome card. Loved the flower version.
Jeanie,Beautiful cards! I love them. May I ask what stamp set did you use on the Mothers day card for the back panels? please. Ruth Bartlett Prowse
Hi Ruth! I have listed the stamp sets used in the blog post and the product links above.