Welcome to the Pals September 2017 Blog Hop. Thank you so much for joining us today. This month our theme is “My Favorite Holiday”. Sit back and enjoy the view while the Pals treat you with projects for the upcoming Autumn and Winter holidays.
Whether you’re just starting the hop, or have come from a previous Pal’s blog, you’ll find the line-up toward the end of my post to help you move along.
Every holiday is my favorite holiday! I decided to share a fun Halloween treat that is a great alternative to candy. So many kids nowadays have allergies so I thought this would be a different treat that also works as a fun game-to-go for the car. I love the acetate boxes in the holiday catalog and seem to be using them for more than just cards. (You can click HERE to see another project I made with these boxes.)
I used several different designs from the Spooky Night Designer Series Paper for this project. There are so many fun patterns to choose from!
I adhered a 4 3/8 x 5 3/4 piece of DSP inside the acetate box with glue dots. I made the tic tac toe board on top with Pick A Pattern Washi Tape. The cute cat and jack-o-lantern erasers came from the Dollar Tree.
I cut a 4 1/2 x 12 piece of DSP to make a belly band to wrap the gift. I cut and adhered (2) 1/2 x 12 strips of coordinating DSP to the top and bottom of the belly band and simply wrapped it around the box and adhered in the back. I cut circles in Very Vanilla and Black using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Layering Circles Framelits. I punched the cat from the DSP using the cat punch. The jack-o-lantern is fussy cut from another piece of DSP. The bakers twine makes a nice cat collar and the Basic Black Shimmer Ribbon ties is all together for a nice presentation.
It’s easy to just slide the belly band off to open. The game pieces store inside the acetate box and are ready to play wherever you go!
This Halloween treat will last a lot longer than candy! It is a simple and inexpensive little treat to give. You can easily adapt this for different holidays by simply changing the DSP and erasers. It would make a great stocking gift for Christmas or use different colored hearts for Valentine’s Day for a “lovely” little gift. Think of the possibilities that could go “inside the box”.
Papers: Spooky Night Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla, Basic Black Tools & Accessories: Acetate Card Box, Cat Punch, Stitches Shapes Framelits, Layering CIrcles Framelits, Pick A Pattern Washi Tape, Basic Black Baker’s Twine, Basic Black 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tear & Tape Adhesive
You can purchase any of the Stampin’ Up! products used to make today’s project from my online store. Click HERE to shop.
Thank you so much for hopping with the Stampin’ Pretty Pals today. Please take a minute to mark your calendar for our next hop on October 11, 2017 for “Wicked Folds”. Now hop along using the Blog Hop Line-up below. Don’t forget to leave us a comment. We’d love to hear what you have to say about our Favorite Holiday. Bye the way, what’s your favorite holiday?
Have a wonderful day!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Stesha Bloodhart Stampin’ Hoot!
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Corinne Blake at The Creative Compendium
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Patti MacLeath at Paper Crafts by Patti
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin‘
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Becky Retzer at Just In Thyme Crafts
- To get a FREE thank you gift from me, simply enter the host code below at checkout. *If you have an order over $150, DON’T USE THE HOST CODE, but get your Stampin’ Rewards AND the free thank you gifts from me! Click HERE to shop.
September Host Code: 3ZBV4XVH
Get a FREE stamp set when you host a party in September or October. Click on the image above for more details or email me (email@example.com) to schedule an online workshop.