I really look forward to Thursdays and the Tic Tac Toe Challenge. It stretches my creativity to try different elements I may not have used otherwise. I have found these challenge boards a quick & easy way to design a card…I just pick elements from the board! I hope you will give it a try and play along! Here’s this week’s challenge board.
I used all 9 elements on my card. (Trust me, it’s really easy to do! )
I had fun incorporating the different elements. I started with my pink (Flirty Flamingo) as that was the only color on the challenge board. (Easy decision and great starting point.) Next I chose the Designer Series Paper and this print from Pick A Pattern was another easy choice as it coordinated with the Flirty Flamingo (and I happen to Love it!). Then I chose a coordinating color (Tranquil Tide) from the pattern in the paper. I knew I would use a birthday sentiment and chose one of my favorite oldies but goodies, Butterfly Basics. I stamped the sentiment in my “pink” and cut out the circles using the Stitched Shapes Framelits and Layering Circles Framelits. By simply adding pearls to the die cut butterflies I completed three in a row across the center. (How easy is that!!!) Adding some ribbon completed this “summer” birthday card. Here’s the details:
The Flirty Flamingo card base is cut at 4 ¼ x 11 and scored at 5 ½. The Tranquil Tide layer measures 3 ½ x 4 ¾. The Whisper White layer measures 3 ¼ x 4 ½. Both Designer Series Paper strips measure ¾ x 3 ¼. I used scraps of Whisper White and Tranquil Tide to cut the circles and butterflies. The butterflies are from the recently retired Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies. (I love the dies in this set and was sorry to see them go!) I adhered the butterflies to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. I popped up the sentiment and center layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Here’s a close up.
Now that you see how easy it is to create with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge board, I hope you will give it a try. You have until Tuesday at noon (CST) to enter. You do not need a blog to play along. Just pick 3 and create! Click HERE for all the details. And don’t forget to click HERE to see what the design team and others created this week.
Stamp Set: Butterfly Basics Ink: Flirty Flamingo Papers: Flirty Flamingo, Tranquil Tide, Whisper White, Pick A Pattern Designer Series Paper Tools & Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies, Flirty Flamingo 3/8″ Ruched Ribbon, Pearl Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Fine-Tip Glue Pen
You can purchase any of the products used to make today’s project from my online store. Click HERE to shop and earn Bonus Days coupons! To get a FREE thank you gift from me, simply enter the host code at checkout when shopping from my online store.
Have a wonderful day!
Current Host Code: TUBYVJ69
Bonus Days are back! For every $50 you spend between July 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 1–31.
- There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
- Click here for more details.
Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions!
Our Christmas in July promotion makes it easier than ever to sign up to be a demonstrator (hobby or business demonstrator)!
When you join my team in July…
- You will receive a FREE Essentials Gift Pack with your Starter Kit ($52 value)
- 118485 D Block (2 of them)
- 130148 Grid Paper
- 103579 Paper Snips
- 104332 SNAIL Adhesive
- 102300 Bone Folder
- PLUS, to give you a taste of the perks of being a demonstrator, Stampin’ Up! will also include the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the holiday catalog for FREE ($20 value)
With so many basic items provided, you’ll be able to get your brand, new business/hobby off to a fast start—and spend your Starter Kit dollars (choose $125 for only $99) on things like your favorite stamp sets and accessories!
- This offer is good for any recruit who joins during the month of July, including former demonstrators.
- All Starter Kit orders must be submitted by 11:59 PM (MT) on July 31 to be eligible for this promotion.
- Essential Gift Pack items (& Carols of Christmas stamp set) may not be exchange for other products.
- Please note: The Essentials Gift Pack will automatically be added to the Starter Kit.
Click HERE for more information or click below to Join the Fun!
Click HERE to Join Now!
I look forward to welcoming you to my team!