Yesterday I shared two cards I made showcasing the new 2022-2024 In Colors. Today I have all the details and a simple tip how to make them! Here’s a look at the cards.
These cards were inspired by a card I received from my friend, Susan. Here’s her card.
I really like how Susan used different strips of paper to create a fun card. I also love how she stamped images and another sentiment using Versamark to add a subtle message without taking away from the main sentiment. Like Susan, I heat embossed my main sentiment and then added an additional sentiment and stamped images on some of the paper strips. Here’s a closer look at my cards.
There’s so many possibilities with this card design. You can use cardstock, Designer Series papers, or a combination of each. Here’s the details if you would like to create this card:
- Basic White card base: 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Cut cardstock (or DSP) into 2 1/2″ strips.
- Choose sentiment to heat emboss for main sentiment. Cut to length. *Mine is 2 1/2 x 2.
- Cut additional strips into 1/4″, 1/2″, 3/4″ strips. *All strips are x 2 1/2.
- TIP: Cut a strip of cardstock 1 1/2″ wide and line up on side of card base and adhere with washi tape (or removable tape). *This will make it easy to add strips for a straight margin.
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to add strips. Stamp additional images or sentiments on some of the strips using Versamark.
- Remove cardstock margin and embellish with punched or die cut pieces. *I stamp the flowers and leaves in Versamark and punched out with the Flowers & Leaves Punch. I adhered these to the card with Mini Glue Dots.
- Decorate envelope to coordinate.
You can view the stamps sets and list of products I used below. The new 2022-2024 In Colors will be available to purchase starting May 3rd.
So what do you think….Do you like the new In Colors? Will you give this card design a try? I would love to hear from you. Leave a comment below and I will pick a random winner to receive one of these cards. I can envision so many possibilities and can’t wait to create with some DSP next!
*Note: I am offering Product Shares for the new papers, ribbons, and embellishments in the new catalog. Click HERE for all the details and more information!!
Have a great day!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts. Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Current Host Code: HZXN6XWF
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Receive a handmade card in the mail when you place an online order with me. Exclusive gifts when you order $50 or more (before tax & shipping).
Product List (Click on the image to purchase from my online store.)
7 thoughts on “Just Saying Hello with the 2022-2024 In Colors”
Love your #bright&happy darling cards, Jeanie!! 🙂
Hey Jeanie, I love the tip of using cardstock. I’m definitely going to try this.
Have a blessed day.
Absolutely love the layout, your tips and the cheerful cards. You are right, I can see many possibilities using this layout. Thank you for sharing.
Fantastic cards showing the fantastic new In Colors. Thanks for sharing.
May 1 2020 for the Tic Tack Tulip flower
How can I purchase the PDF
Your blogs are OUTSTANDING 😊
Thank you for your kind words and interest in my tutorials. The tutorials are a FREE gift to my customers with a purchase of $50 or more from my online store.