I love to make Valentine’s Day Cards! For today’s cards, I used a stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog that I just didn’t get to play with enough before it retired, Gnome For the Holidays. I really like the play on words with the sentiments in this set and the gnome is just stinkin’ cute! Who says you can’t turn a Christmas gnome into a Valentine’s Day one?!
I was inspired by Julie Gilson’s Christmas card. All I had to do was change the designer series paper from Christmas to Valentine’s and cover up the ornament hanging from the gnome’s hat. I found the perfect size heart in the Stitched Be Mine Dies. (*You can view the complete list of supplies I used in the product list below.) The hearts and squiggly paper is from the Snail Mail Designer Series Paper. This pack has lots of fun designs!
The inside sentiment I used is from the Hearts & Kisses Stamp Set. It is perfect for a friend’s valentine card.
I like the other sentiments in this set too and know I will use them throughout the year.
*This stamp set also has a coordinating punch. You save 10% when you purchase the bundle.
Here’s the details to make this card:
- Card Base (Basic White Note Card): 5 x 7 scored at 3 1/2
- Real Red: 3 1/2 x 5, 2 1/8 x 3 5/8
- Basic White: 4 5/8 x 3 1/8, 3 1/2 x 2, 3 x 2 (to stamp gnome and cut out with Layering Ovals Die)
- Designer Series Paper (Snail Mail): 4 1/2 x 3
- Basic Black: 3 x 2 to cut Scalloped Oval Die
- Blushing Bride: scrap to cut heart from Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Fold and burnish note card. Adhere Real Red cardstock layer.
- Adhere DSP to Basic White layer.
- Stamp sentiment in Memento Black Ink on 3 1/2 x 2 Basic White. Emboss with Subtle 3D Embossing folder. Adhere to Real Red layer.
- Wrap Black & White Baker’s Twine (from Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack) around sentiment layer and tie a bow. Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp gnome on Basic White and cut with Layering Ovals Die. Color with Real Red, Gray Granite, and Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends.
- Adhere gnome to Basic Black Layer. Adhere to Card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut heart die from Stitched Be Mine Dies and adhere to hat on top of ornament.
- Stamp inside sentiment and hearts with Real Red Ink.
What could be better than a cute gnome valentine? A “gnomie” to go with it of course! I have several friends who like and collect gnomes so I sent a little gift with their card. They can put it with their Christmas ornaments and add it to their tree next year. I added a little tag with the same sentiment I used on the front of their card.
The Stampin’ Up! Gusseted Cellophane Bags were the perfect size to wrap up these gnomes for gift giving. I added a Real Red Sheer Ribbon bow and my Valentine’s were complete!
Valentine’s Day is a nice reminder to let others know you care! Spread the love and make someone smile today! I will be making some mailbox deliveries today with my gnomies.
Do you need a last minute Valentine treat idea? Click HERE to check out these quick & easy Hershey Nugget Valentines I posted late last night.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: S3DVG9E7
Product List (Click on image to view in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in February:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- Chance to win the Punch Party Stamp Set. Anyone who orders this month will have their name entered in a drawing to win the Host only stamp set. Winner will be posted March 1st.
- FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice with every $50 (or $100) order!
- Mystery gift????
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials and a 3D Project featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $50 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! This month features the Pretty Perennials Bundle and includes a slimline card and custom envelope tutorial featured HERE. *Click on the image below to view in my online store.