I love to make Valentine’s Day Cards! For today’s cards, I used a stamp set from the Holiday Mini Catalog that I just didn’t get to play with enough before it retired, Gnome For the Holidays. I really like the play on words with the sentiments in this set and the gnome is just stinkin’ cute! Who says you can’t turn a Christmas gnome into a Valentine’s Day one?!
I was inspired by Julie Gilson’s Christmas card. All I had to do was change the designer series paper from Christmas to Valentine’s and cover up the ornament hanging from the gnome’s hat. I found the perfect size heart in the Stitched Be Mine Dies. (*You can view the complete list of supplies I used in the product list below.) The hearts and squiggly paper is from the Snail Mail Designer Series Paper. This pack has lots of fun designs!
The inside sentiment I used is from the Hearts & Kisses Stamp Set. It is perfect for a friend’s valentine card.
I like the other sentiments in this set too and know I will use them throughout the year.
*This stamp set also has a coordinating punch. You save 10% when you purchase the bundle.
Here’s the details to make this card:
- Card Base (Basic White Note Card): 5 x 7 scored at 3 1/2
- Real Red: 3 1/2 x 5, 2 1/8 x 3 5/8
- Basic White: 4 5/8 x 3 1/8, 3 1/2 x 2, 3 x 2 (to stamp gnome and cut out with Layering Ovals Die)
- Designer Series Paper (Snail Mail): 4 1/2 x 3
- Basic Black: 3 x 2 to cut Scalloped Oval Die
- Blushing Bride: scrap to cut heart from Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Fold and burnish note card. Adhere Real Red cardstock layer.
- Adhere DSP to Basic White layer.
- Stamp sentiment in Memento Black Ink on 3 1/2 x 2 Basic White. Emboss with Subtle 3D Embossing folder. Adhere to Real Red layer.
- Wrap Black & White Baker’s Twine (from Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack) around sentiment layer and tie a bow. Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp gnome on Basic White and cut with Layering Ovals Die. Color with Real Red, Gray Granite, and Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends.
- Adhere gnome to Basic Black Layer. Adhere to Card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut heart die from Stitched Be Mine Dies and adhere to hat on top of ornament.
- Stamp inside sentiment and hearts with Real Red Ink.
What could be better than a cute gnome valentine? A “gnomie” to go with it of course! I have several friends who like and collect gnomes so I sent a little gift with their card. They can put it with their Christmas ornaments and add it to their tree next year. I added a little tag with the same sentiment I used on the front of their card.
The Stampin’ Up! Gusseted Cellophane Bags were the perfect size to wrap up these gnomes for gift giving. I added a Real Red Sheer Ribbon bow and my Valentine’s were complete!
Valentine’s Day is a nice reminder to let others know you care! Spread the love and make someone smile today! I will be making some mailbox deliveries today with my gnomies.
Do you need a last minute Valentine treat idea? Click HERE to check out these quick & easy Hershey Nugget Valentines I posted late last night.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Click HERE for all the details about my Just Stampin’ Card Kit and 3D Project Buffet for February!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: S3DVG9E7
Product List (Click on image to view in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in February:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- Chance to win the Punch Party Stamp Set. Anyone who orders this month will have their name entered in a drawing to win the Host only stamp set. Winner will be posted March 1st.
- FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice with every $50 (or $100) order!
- Mystery gift????
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials and a 3D Project featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $50 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! This month features the Pretty Perennials Bundle and includes a slimline card and custom envelope tutorial featured HERE. *Click on the image below to view in my online store.
Pretty Perennials Bundle
10 thoughts on “Happy Galentine’s Day Like Gnome Other”
So cute..and I love all the different nugget projects. I do wish that Stampin up would bring back their 2×8 cellophane bags… Thanks for sharing all these wonderful ideas.
Love your gnome cards – so cute and a way to extend the use of the Christmas gnome stamp set. Did you make your gnomes to go with the card?
THanks Denise. I purchased the gnomes from Amazon.
Absolutely, perfectly adorable!
So cute…. love your gnome cards and the sweet Valentine projects.
Super cute, Jeanie! <3
So cute ! I have this stamp set that I plan to use a lot . So thank you for the hat /heart idea . Plus who doesn`t need another NUGGET holder idea !
Jeanie does it again !!
I did a different brand of gnome for a few of my few PP kit alternatives for Valenine’s Day. They are just so fun to use. Now I wish I had used this set but that is ok as mine were cute too. Easy peasy with a change of papers and that ornament. The ornament is such a cute little gift idea. Everyone needs a gnome at their house.
Have absolutely loved the gnomes and was so happy to see your cute cards!
ADORABLE…..you made me smile, (again!!!) Love you my sweet friend!