Welcome to the Pals monthly blog hop. We’re so glad you’re here! January is all about making “Art from the Heart,” featuring projects for Valentines Day, Thinking of You, Get Well, or Sympathy. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I love to make 3D projects to give as gifts. (Did you see the other framed projects I made for Christmas?) Today’s projects are quick & easy using the Large Letters Framelits and a 4 x 6 picture frame.
My first project makes a great Valentine or anniversary gift for the love of your life. Who will you give the “key to your heart”?
I started with a piece of 4 x 6 All My Love Designer Series Paper. The beautiful heart is from the Be Mine Stitched Framelit Dies which is part of the All My Love Suite in the new Occasions catalog. I cut the heart and die from thick Whisper White cardstock and adhered them to the DSP. I made a matching bow using Lovely Lipstick Ribbon and adhered it on top with a glue dot. The finishing touch was adding the key from the Classic Garage Metal Elements.
After 33 years I’m giving this “key to my heart” to my husband!
I couldn’t wait to make my next project as soon as I saw the gorgeous Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper! My beautiful niece got married last summer and the dress she wore for her engagement photo matched the fresh fig floral vellum design.
I used another heart from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits Dies and this one cuts out the heart in the center as well as the scalloped frame. I cut the photo and a piece of Fresh fig cardstock and adhered the photo inside the framed piece.
The soft elegant designs in the Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper are perfect for weddings, anniversaries, and more. It is so easy to hand cut the vellum to use for accents like I did on the corner of my frame. Here’s a look at the other designs. (It’s one of my favorite paper packs in the Occasions catalog!)
I hope you enjoyed my “Art from the Heart”. If you have any questions about either of the projects feel free to email me or leave a comment below.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, February 13, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s Time to Sale-A-Brate” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping by the Bay
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Su Mohr at Aromas and Art
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Patti MacLeith at Paper Crafts by Patti
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
Have a wonderful day!
You can find all of the Stampin’ Up! supplies I used for my projects listed below. Click on an image to view in my Online Store.
January Host Code: CBSDV2NV
*The Large Letters Framelits are a bit of an investment; however, they are well worth it! Sale-A-Bration is a best time to purchase these! You’ll get two free gifts. Click HERE for all the details!