There’s no denying how much I love to mix and match colors and patterns (in home decor as well as card making)! Stampin’ Up!’s color coordination (and quality) is what drew me to become a demonstrator. It is easy to create when everything coordinates! Today I have a sneak peek at some absolutely gorgeous new designer series paper, Share What You Love. It will be available in the new annual catalog.
My photo does not do this paper justice! These are handpainted designs on heavyweight sheets. You get 24 12 x 12 sheets: 4 each of 6 double sided designs. Four of the designs have a translucent pearlized finish. I made two fun fold cards today using the Love What You Do Stamp Set and Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper.
I was inspired by Linda Droege’s Double Triangle Fun Fold card I received at OnStage. (You can view Linda’s card HERE.) I love fun fold cards and chose the new Share What You Love Suite to “share what I love”. I changed my cards up a little by embossing one card and adding a belly band to the other.
This is a simple fun fold to do. You can make both cards from 1 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock. Here’s the details:
- Score the 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock in the middle on each side: With the long side at the top, score at 5 1/2. Turn your paper and score on the short side at 4 1/4.
- Next, you need to remove the score blade from the Stampin’ Trimmer so you can cut your paper on the diagonal.
- Fold and burnish along the score lines with a bone folder.
- Cut a 4 x 5 1/4 coordinating cardstock on the diagonal to get 2 triangles.
- Cut a piece of 3 3/4 x 5 DSP on the diagonal to get 2 triangles.
- *For the first card you need to emboss one of the diagonal cardstock pieces using the Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Adhere layers to the card base.
- Stamp sentiments on Shimmery Whisper White cardstock using Tranquil Tide ink. Cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. *I cut an extra circle to adhere to the back of the doily for a finished look.
- Adhere stitched circles to Pearlized Doilies.*Make sure you just put adhesive on part of the doily so you can open the card.
- Cut 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White for inside card. Stamp and add 3/4 x 4 DSP border.
- Embellish with Ribbon, Artisan Pearls, and/or flower (fussy cut from DSP).
- *Optional belly band measures 1 x 10 and is wrapped loosely around the card and adhered in front. I added some retired Mint Macaron Ribbon (available while supplies last in the Clearance Rack) before adhering the doily with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The belly band slides off to open the card on this version.
Of course I had to dress up my envelopes to coordinate.
What do you think of this fun fold and the Share What You Love Suite? Do you prefer it with the belly band or without?
If you would like to make these cards I have some great news…the stamp set, designer series paper, pearlized doilies, and embossing folder I used on these cards will be available to purchase May 1st! You don’t have to wait until June!! Stampin’ Up! is “spreading the love” with an early release of the Share What You Love Suite. You will be able to choose from 3 different bundles and each bundle comes with FREE product! I’ll be sharing more projects I made using this suite next week! You can click below to view the early release flyer. Get your wish list started!
Share What You Love Suite Early Release Flyer
Have a great day!
Be sure to check out the clearance rack for great deals!!!
*Host Code Exclusive! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Please use the current host code below if your order is under $150. Click HERE to shop.
Host Code: G6Q7BC3V
12 thoughts on “Sneak Peek…Share What You Love”
Your cards are gorgeous and this paper is beautiful! I love the color….so rich. Thanks for giving us a peak, Jeanie.
Your cards put mine to shame. How gorgeous is this paper, too?! Love both your versions but am partial to the one w/o the belly band just because I like the sentiment to stay with the card. But you could send me either (wink-wink-nudge-nudge)! Fabulous projects.
So beautiful! I love the fun fold and your directions are so clear. Can’t wait to try it. Thank you Jeanie
Oh yes, this is a beautiful card. Linda your card was gorgeous also. Jeanie do you think this would be on one of your future buffet kits?
You know 1 card in each kit is always a fun fold!! You must have read my mind. I was just working on ideas for the next kit. Planning to get the word out this weekend! This is just the type of card that is perfect for my monthly kits as it could be used with just about any stamped sentiment! 🙂
Beautiful cards.. love the colors you used… DSP is gorgeous… I prefer the one w/o the belly band… just don’t want to lose anypart of the card when opening it…
Thanks for sharing…
Wow what great cards and Linda yours is no exception too! I love the bow and the paper patterns on the one and the embossing on the other one has that fussy cut flower and embossing so I can’t chose a real favorite. My DSP should come tomorrow and I think that pearlized touches on the paper will really be a favorite. I can finally see the embossing folder and it looks perfect as part of the suite as well as those doilies. Pearlized on one side and white on the other perfection! I need to make more of these triangle cards, they are so fun and so cool looking. Thanks for getting my morning off to a good start. How has school been now that you are back part time?
These are a beautiful use of this paper! To tell you the truth, when I saw the photos of the DSP, I thought way too busy! But your cards are gorgeous, so I’m re-thinking my original reaction! (I should have known that would happen!) As usual, thanks for the inspiration!
I just tried this fold, going by another demonstrator’s instructions, and am going to have another go of it. My cards never look like all you professional’s do! :)))) Just gorgeous, Jeanie!!! :)))
God bless you, Hon!!! :)))
They are beautiful !
Sent from my iPad
Both are very nice. I agree with the above post. I also thought the paper was too busy. With the designs that you chose it is awesome.