Yesterday I shared a simple card I made that was inspired by a picture I saw in a shop by the beach. If you missed that post you can see it HERE. I stepped it up for today’s card.
My stepped up card is a shaker card. I added some sand and tiny shells I got from Newport when I went sailing with my son. I enjoy shaker cards and they are really fun and easy to make. The cardstock, measurements, etc. for this card are the same as yesterday’s simple card. I attached a 2 1/2″ square window sheet with glue dots to cover the square. Then I added 2 layers of Foam Adhesive Strips around the square (to allow for enough space for the shells to move around).
I added a few pearls and this stepped up version is just as simple to make as the original! Which one do you prefer?
Stamp Set: So Many Shells Ink: Sahara Sand Papers: Thick Whisper White, Sahara Sand Tools & Accessories: Layering Squares Framelits, Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter, Window Sheets, Pearl Basic Jewels, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Foam Adhesive Strips
You can purchase any of the products used to make these cards from my online store. Click HERE to shop. Only 2 days left to earn Bonus Days Coupons! *See details below!
I enjoyed reading the comments yesterday about what you think I collect when I go on vacation. I gave you a hint when I told you I’m in my happy place when my toes are in the sand. You can see some of my collection below.
I told you I love the beach! I bring the beach home with me everywhere I go! (Oh the stories I could tell about some of this sand! FYI…trying to go through customs with sand in a plastic bag is not always easy! LOL) I love the different colors and textures. It’s amazing how different the sand is from beach to beach. I have sand from as far north as Prince Edward Island and as far south as Cancun, Mexico. I also have sand from as far west as Hawaii and as far east as Normandy, France. I spend a lot of time on the east coast and have collected sand from Maine to Florida. My favorite is the pink sand from Bermuda! This is such a fun collection and brings a smile to my face. It’s inexpensive and easy to document my travels with some Avery labels on jars.
I am still away so I had to text my daughter to get her to take the picture of my sand collection. My husband took a picture of her standing on the bathroom counter to get the photo. The things she does for me! LOL
Congratulations to Pam Traffis for guessing correctly! Pam, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your address and I will put a goodie in the mail to you next week when I get home. Many thanks to all who left a comment. I enjoyed reading about your collections. I love to take lots of photos too while on vacation and I look forward to sharing some stories and pictures from my travels.
Have a wonderful day!
*All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Click HERE to shop. Please use the current host code below. Orders of $50 or more earn Bonus Days Coupons!
Current Host Code: TUBYVJ69
Get $72 in Free Gifts during Christmas in July!
Our Christmas in July promotion makes it easier than ever to sign up to be a demonstrator (hobby or business demonstrator)!
When you join my team in July…
- You will receive a FREE Essentials Gift Pack with your Starter Kit ($52 value)
- 118485 D Block (2 of them)
- 130148 Grid Paper
- 103579 Paper Snips
- 104332 SNAIL Adhesive
- 102300 Bone Folder
- PLUS, to give you a taste of the perks of being a demonstrator, Stampin’ Up! will also include the Carols of Christmas Stamp Set from the holiday catalog for FREE ($20 value)
With so many basic items provided, you’ll be able to get your brand, new business/hobby off to a fast start—and spend your Starter Kit dollars (choose $125 for only $99) on things like your favorite stamp sets and accessories!
- This offer is good for any recruit who joins during the month of July, including former demonstrators.
- All Starter Kit orders must be submitted by 11:59 PM (MT) on July 31 to be eligible for this promotion.
- Essential Gift Pack items (& Carols of Christmas stamp set) may not be exchange for other products.
- Please note: The Essentials Gift Pack will automatically be added to the Starter Kit.
Click HERE for more information or email me (email@example.com) if you’d like to chat.
Click HERE to Join Now!
I look forward to welcoming you to my team!
Bonus Days are back! For every $50 you spend between July 1–31 (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 1–31.
- There is no limit to the number of coupons participants can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- All order types qualify for this promotion excluding Starter Kits.
- Click here for more details.Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions!