Welcome back to my ABC Holiday 2019 Series! Throughout this series I have been sharing all kinds of cards, gifts, and ideas to help make your holidays as easy as ABC! Today I have a card & gift to share with you. I used the Everything Festive Stamp Set with the Christmastime is Here Specialty Designer Series Paper to create this Valentine card and Hershey Nugget treat box.
This card could be used for anytime of the year to let someone know you love them.
The designer series paper and gold shimmer ribbon I used are part of the Christmastime is Here Suite which is only available this month (while supplies last). Here’s the details if you would like to make this card:
Materials & Measurements
- Cherry Cobbler: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4 for card base
- Gold Foil: 2 1/4 x 4 1/4, 3 1/4 x 4 1/4, 1/4 x 6 for envelope flap, scraps to cut hearts from Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Christmastime is Here Specialty Designer Series Paper: 2 x 4 1/4, 3 x 4, 2 x 6
- Whisper White: 2 x 3 1/2 to stamp sentiment in Cherry Cobbler Ink and cut with Stitched Nested Die, 4 x 5 1/4 for inside card
- Gold Glimmer Ribbon: ~10 inches to wrap around DSP layer and tie a simple knot
You can use this card “formula” with other DSP and sentiments for any occasion. The ribbon layer and sentiment layer are popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love to give cards and little gifts that coordinate. Here’s a simple Hershey Nugget Treat Box made from a 6 x 6 piece of Christmastime is Here Specialty Designer Series Paper.
The Gold Foil Hearts are cut from the Stitched Be Mine Dies and added with Glue Dots. I followed Julie DiMatteo’s Video Tutorial for the Hinged-Lid Box.
Materials & Measurements
- Christmastime is Here Specialty DSP – 6″ x 6″
- First cut off a 2″ x 6″ piece and cut that into 4 – 1″ x 3″ pieces for the Hershey’s Nugget wraps
- Then, with the remaining 4″ x 6″ piece, cut of 1/8″ from the 6″ side so you have a 4″ x 5-7/8″ piece
- Score all 4 sides of the 4″ x 5-7/8″ piece at 5/8″
- Then, along the 5-7/8″, score at 2-5/8″ and 3-1/4″
Fold and burnish along the score lines. Cut and notch the score lines on the long sides as shown below.
Add adhesive to the notched tabs, fold and tuck to assemble the box. Use the 1/2″ Circle Punch to cut a notch on the top of the box.
Wrap the Hershey Nuggets with 1 x 3 DSP strips. (*I used Glue Dots on each end of the DSP.) Here’s what the box looks like when you open it.
You can make this simple treat box for any occasion! What a “sweet” little treat to make for those you love!
I am in Hartford, Connecticut today for the Stampin’ Up! OnStage Event. I have been looking forward to attending this event with my stamping friends and getting to see and play with new products that will be coming out in the 2020 Occasions Catalog in January. I will be sharing sneak peeks of the new products and ideas when I get back!
Have a great day!
You can purchase any of the products I used to create today’s projects from my online store. Click HERE or on the images below to shop! For orders under $150 please use the host code. November Host Code: AWZD2TMG
*Orders of $40 or more receive EXCLUSIVE monthly tutorials (via email) featuring the Christmas Gleaming Stamp Set and Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack (Nov.)
*Order any DSP paper pack and get my exclusive tutorial to make a 3D Christmas Tree. Click HERE for more details.
Product List for Valentine Card & Box (Click on image to view in my online store.)
Christmastime is Here Suite *Available while supplies last!
Christmastime is Here flyer *View all the products in the suite!