Welcome to the Pals’ August Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Special Occasions” – cards or projects that adds beauty to the special occasions we all love to make cards for! You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I’ve been sharing cards for each letter of the alphabet in my ABC Card Series. (Make sure you follow my blog so you don’t miss out on cards for every occasion from A to Z!) Today I have a wedding card idea using the Piece of Cake Stamp Set and Lovely Flowers Die.
The Lovely Flowers Die adds that special touch to this wedding card.
Here’s the simple recipe to make this wedding “cake”:
- Card Base : 4 1/4 x 11 Petal Pink scored at 5 1/2
- Die Cut Layer: 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White cut with the Lovely Flowers Die
- DSP layer: 2 x 4 Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper
- Scallop Circle Die : 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 Petal Pink
- Stitched Circle Die: 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 Whisper White
I stamped the cake in Blackberry Bliss ink on a scrap piece of Whisper White and colored the flowers with Petal Pink and Old Olive Stampin’ Blends. The cake stand is stamped on Smokey Slate with Smokey Slate ink. I punched the cake and stand using the Cake Builder Punch. (You can purchase the stamp set and punch as a bundle and save 10%.)
The card is quick & easy to assemble once you have all the pieces cut. I adhered the DSP to the Die layer and then adhered it to the card base. I placed the cake and stand on the stitched die where I wanted them and drew a light pencil line above the cake to stamp MR&MRS. I stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss then adhered the pieces covering the pencil line with the cake. The stamped layer is popped up with Dimensionals. I added a simple twine bow with a Glue Dot and 3 tiny rhinestones for a little bling.
I usually make more than one card when I’m creating and I like to try out different designs. So here’s the great debate…Top or Bottom (for the Lovely Flowers Die)? Twine or Ribbon? Here’s both side by side – you decide! Leave a comment and let me know which one you prefer.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, September 11, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “It’s the Sentiment that Counts” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Have a Wonderful Day!
Product List for Piece of Cake Wedding Card (Click on image to view.)