There’s still time to make a sweet little treat for your loved one’s this Valentine’s Day. Grab a bag of Hershey Nuggets and create these quick & easy slider boxes.
These were so much fun to make! I used the Playful Alphabet Dies to add a fun little surprise on the Hershey Nuggets on the inside.
The hearts and squiggly patterned paper is from the Snail Mail Designer Series Paper. I used the Trio of Tags Dies and Tags, Tags, Tags, Stamp Set to embellish the front of the boxes. You can stamp and cut all three tags at once. Talk about quick & easy!
I didn’t have to “reinvent the wheel” to create these nugget slider boxes. I searched and found measurements for every size nugget box you could imagine on Splitcoast Stampers (created by Chris Simon). I created two sizes to hold 3 and 4 Hershey Nuggets. Here’s the details:
3 Nugget Slider Box
- Cut cardstock 3 5/5 x 5 1/4. Score on the short (3 5/8) side @ 1/2, 1 1/8, 2 1/2, 3 1/8. Score on the long (5 1/4) side @ 1/2, 1 1/8, 4 1/8, 4 3/4.
- Cut the corners as shown below. Cut and notch the tabs and add adhesive.
- Adhere the tabs to form the box.
- Add adhesive to the 4 sides and fold over inside the box to secure.
- Cut DSP strips 1 x 3 and wrap around nuggets. Die Cut Letters from Playful Alphabet Dies and adhere to nuggets.
- To make the slider, cut cardstock 3 1/16 x 4 5/8. Score on the long side @ 3/8, 1 7/8, 2 9/16, 4. Add adhesive along the 3/8″ score line and fold over box to adhere.
- Wrap a 3 x 4 1/2 piece of DSP around the slider (with box inside) and crease as you go. (It’s not necessary to score this.) Secure on the bottom of the box.
- Embellish the die cut tags with ribbon and twine and adhere to box with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
4 Nugget Slider Box
- Cut cardstock 35/8 x 6 1/4. Score on the long side at 5 1/8 and 5 3/4 on each end. Score on the short side @ 1/2, 1 1/8, 2 1/2, 3 1/8.
- Cut and adhere box the same as the 3 nugget box above.
- For the slider piece, cut cardstock 4 1/16 x 4 5/8. Score same as 3 nugget box- Score on the long side @ 3/8, 1 7/8, 2 9/16, 4. It’s hard to see in the photo but I embossed the slider using the Scripty 3D Embossing Folder.
- Add adhesive along the 3/8″ score line and fold over box to adhere.
- Embellish with Tag and ribbon.
- Add DSP strip to 4 nuggets and put inside box. I used the Playful Alphabet Dies to cut out the letters to spell LOVE on the 4 nuggets.
I hope you enjoyed these slider box ideas. You can view the complete list of products used to create these boxes below. If you want to see more ideas using the Tags, Tags, Tags Stamp Set and Trip of Tags Dies, Click HERE and HERE.
Click HERE for details and testimonials from happy customers.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: S3DVG9E7
Product List (Click on image to view in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in February:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- Chance to win the Punch Party Stamp Set. Anyone who orders this month will have their name entered in a drawing to win the Host only stamp set. Winner will be posted March 1st.
- FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice with every $50 (or $100) order!
- Mystery gift????
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials and a 3D Project featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $50 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! This month features the Pretty Perennials Bundle and includes a slimline card and custom envelope tutorial featured HERE. *Click on the image below to view in my online store.
Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team created projects featuring “Sale-A-Bration Products.” We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments. We love hearing from you! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I really like making little treats and gifts for my friends and family! Delivering treats has been a much needed “get out of the house activity”. I look forward to driving around town and leaving little surprises in mailboxes. I made two different versions of today’s project. One stands upright and the other folds over to reveal the surprise treat when opened. This little treat can be given any time of year or you can make it to give out for Valentine’s Day… just change the sentiments.
One of my favorite treats is chocolate covered strawberries. (Oh yum!) While this isn’t the real thing, it’s a fun alternative with a much longer shelf life. Both versions have a slide out box which holds 3 chocolate hearts/strawberries.
I made the stand alone version first then decided to tweak it so it would fold over and open like a card. All inclusive! You can add a message on back of the stand up version if you want. Here’s a look at each project.
This version is just 1/4″ shorter and has an extra score line.
I added the little cut out for a sneak peek at the sweet treat!
I used the Berry Blessings Stamp Set and the lovely Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper. This exclusive bundle is FREE with a $100 purchase during Sale-A-Bration. It was top on my wish list!!! Here’s a look at the set.
This set coordinates with another stamp bundle in the new Mini Catalog, the Sweet Strawberry Bundle. I love that this bundle includes the Strawberry Builder Punch!
The Sweet Strawberry stamp set is the sweetest stamp set ever! Full of plump strawberries and all-occasion sentiments, the Sweet Strawberry Stamp Set is perfect for handmade cards, scrapbook pages, and more. It’s a set you can use year-round—change the colors of the foliage images to match the season, and use the sentiments anytime. This is a Two-Step Stampin’ set; it allows you to layer two or more images to create one final image with extra texture and dimension in the colors you want. This is a Distinktive** stamp set; it has a special texture that gives added depth and dimension in a single step, creating photo-realistic images. Here’s a close up of the realistic looking strawberry!
I hadn’t intended to create my own box for today’s project as I was planning to use the new Love You Always Treat Boxes (#154285) found on page 11 in the new Mini Catalog. However, those boxes were much larger than I realized! While they are great and would be perfect to hold 2 (large) actual chocolate covered strawberries (they are food safe!), it took about 20 of my little “strawberries” to fill the box! I wanted to make several of these treats to give so I opted to make my own box. I’m going to be totally honest here….While I love how these turned out, it took me several attempts (and a few wasted sheets of cardstock) to get the measurements and scores just right for what I wanted!!! That being said, please check back tomorrow and I’ll have the measurements and photo tutorial for you (and possibly some of my “other” versions. LOL).
Which one do you prefer…The stand up or fold over version? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on February 10th when our theme will be “Birthday Bonanza” where the design team will be sharing birthday projects that celebrate our family and friends. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
BLOG HOP LINEUP
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Renae Novak at Blessed By Cards w/Renae Novak
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’<<YOU ARE HERE>>
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
Have a great day! Stay Safe! Stay well!
Product List (Click on image to shop my online store.)
Sale-A-Bration. Our biggest promotion of the year! Earn FREE products for every $50 you spend (total before shipping and tax).
Click on the images below to view the catalogs online.