Today I’m sharing two cards that showcase the beautiful Feels Like Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper. You can keep it simple or step it up with additional layers, ribbon, and/or embellishments.
The Feels Like Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper is a returning favorite! This high-quality double-sided paper features stunning photographic images of snow and ice on one side, and whimsical hand-drawn designs with silver foil on the other.
The inspiration for today’s cards came from a card sketch from TGIF Challenges. Card sketches are a great starting point if you’re looking for some creative inspiration. Here’s a look at the sketch.
I love this clean & simple design! Here’s a look at each card.
You can make your strips and layers any size you want. Here’s my measurements:
- Card base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
- Cardstock/Foil Layer: 3 3/4 x 4 7/8, 7/8 x 4 3/8 (envelope), 7/8 x 5 (inside)
- DSP: Cut 2 strips 1 3/4 x 4 3/4, cut one of those strips in 2 pieces measuring 1 3/4 x 2 3/4, 1 3/4 x 1 15/16 (just under 2 inches), 3/4 x 4 1/4 (envelope), 3/4 x 4 7/8 (inside card)
- Whisper White: 3 3/4 x 5 (inside), scrap to stamp and die cut sentiment
This simple sketch is great for showcasing coordinating DSP! You could mix and match different patterns, stamp in one space, add a sentiment in another, the possibilities are endless! I hope this inspires you to get creative and have some fun! Here’s another card design I shared previously that works well with the Feels Like Frost DSP. *Click on the image to view the original post.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
September Host Code: XXUFPNCJ
Product List (Click on image to purchase in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in September:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! September tutorials feature the Arrange A Wreath Bundle. *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: XXUFPNCJ
- Free card kit – Purchase the Arrange A Wreath Bundle and get a free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial. *Click on the image below to purchase
Exclusive Tutorials FREE with Purchase (*In addition to rewards above! Please remember to add the host code!)
- Celebrate Sunflowers – Get 3 exclusive tutorial with the purchase of the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Jar of Flowers – Get 3 exclusive card tutorials with the purchase of the Jar of Flowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
Join my team and get extra rewards this month! Plus have access to my exclusive monthly tutorials and MORE!
NEW Starter Kit Special
Includes 16 Card Kits, 2 FREE Stamp Sets, and MORE!!!
- For $99 you GET $125 in products that YOU get to choose PLUS…
- Two FREE stamp sets (Queen Anne’s Lace and So Much Love)
- 16 Card Kits and Envelopes
- Basic Rhinestone Jewels
- FREE SHIPPING
- Use Card Kits for your personal crafting, to craft with a friend, OR for your first class or event.
- Click Here for a few FAQs about being a demonstrator.
- Click HERE to Join NOW!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or want more information! I’d love to chat!
3 thoughts on “A Card Sketch for Feels Like Frost”
I really like your layout ! Simple ,but so pretty with multiple options .
Pretty cards and love that DSP !!
Another sketch or layout I need to use. These cards are so pretty.
Jeanie – I’ve been on your site quite a bit in Sept – and now Oct. You have an artistic flair and your designs are quite lovely. The world needs artists like you to inspire non-artists like me! LOL Thank you for sharing your talent.