Welcome to my ABC Holiday 2019 Series! Throughout this series I will be sharing all kinds of cards, gifts, and ideas to help make your holidays as easy as ABC! Today I am sharing a quick & easy card design that showcases both sides of the Designer Series Paper (aka DSP). The Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper is one of my favorites in the holiday catalog. One of the many things I love about Stampin’ Up! is their color coordination! It makes it quick & easy to choose the right colors for any project! Every pack of DSP has the coordinating colors on the package as well as in the catalog. (No thinking necessary! LOL) Here’s a look at the Brightly Gleaming Specialty Designer Series Paper and the coordinating cardstock (Mossy Meadow, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock, and Gold Foil).
Here’s my first two Christmas cards for this year.
The Gold Foil accents did not photograph well but I can assure you, they make the card pop!
I love how you see the other side of the DSP when you open the card. *You can make horizontal or vertical cards using this design.
Here’s the details to make this fun card design showcasing both sides of the DSP.
Materials & Measurements
- Mossy Meadow card base: 5 1/2″ x 5 1/4″, scored at 4 1/4
- Brightly Gleaming DSP: 6″ x 6″ cut to 2″ x 6″ for envelope, 4″x 5 1/2″, 4″ x 1/2″
- Very Vanilla card stock: 3 1/2″ x 6″ to stamp and 5 1/4″ X 4 for the inside
- Gold Foil to punch Pretty Label Punch
- Layer the Brightly Gleaming DSP on top of the card base so it is flush with the right side. Add adhesive as shown on the edge of the card base and DSP. (I used Tear & Tape; however, you can use Snail adhesive if you prefer.) Close card to adhere.
- Wrap ribbon around the cardstock and tie a simple knot.
- Stamp the sentiment (with VersaMark) from Christmtas Gleaming and heat emboss with Copper Embossing Powder. Cut with Layering Circles Dies or Circle Punch.
- Punch out a Pretty Label in Copper Foil and adhere to the card. Attach the circle sentiment with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the holly in Memento Black Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and color in with Stampin’ Blends (Old Olive and Real Red). Fussy cut it out and attach to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp inside sentiment on Very Vanilla Cardstock with Old Olive Ink and adhere to card. Add leftover strip of DSP on the side.
- Stamp holly on the front of the envelope and color as above. (*Insert a scrap piece of paper inside the envelope when coloring in case the Blends bleed through.)
- Adhere 1/4 strip of Mossy Meadow Cardstock and 2 x 6 DSP to the envelope flap.
Here’s my second card using the same design only vertical.
Do you prefer horizontal or vertical cards? Go grab some DSP and give this design a try!
Only 10 days left to take advantage of the DSP Sale, BUY 3, GET 1 FREE!
Click HERE to print FREE Designer Series Paper Color Coordinating Chart
For more quick & easy card designs using DSP, Click HERE.
Have a great day!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to shop. September Host Code: NDE26TXR
Click HERE to shop Clearance Rack. New updates up to 60% off!
Orders of $40 or more receive EXCLUSIVE monthly tutorials (via email) featuring the Stamp of the Month, Gather Together (Sept.). Click HERE for more details.
Order my “Just Stampin’ Card Kit and 3D Project Buffet To Go”. Click HERE for more information and all the details. Last chance to get in on the September kit!
Product List (Click on image to shop my online store.)