Welcome to my ABC Card Series! Throughout this series I’ll be sharing a variety of cards for every occasion from A to Z! It’s good to have a few Sympathy cards on hand. Today’s card design is another one of those that you can easily change the sentiment and use for any occasion.
Anyone else in love with the Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper?! I love the rich colors and hand-painted impressionistic imagery! I chose Blackberry Bliss and Purple Posy for my layered background. I stamped the flower from Healing Hugs in Purple Posy. I love to stamp a sentiment over an image and this worked great by stamping off the flower first.
Sympathy cards are not something we enjoy having to make but we can make them beautiful to remember a wonderful life. I had to make this card in shades of purple in honor of the person who passed. (It was her favorite color.) I love that we can add that personal touch by making our own cards!
Here’s the measurements if you would like to make this simple card design:
- Card Base: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4 (Blackberry Bliss)
- Layer 1: 4 x 5 1/4 (Purple Posy)
- DSP Layer: 3 7/8 x 4 (Perennial Essence)
Adhere the DSP then wrap the ribbon before adhering the layer to the card base. The sentiment layer was cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits and layered on a piece of Blackberry Bliss cut with the Layering Circles Framelits. Attach the metallic thread to the back of the sentiment layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhere to the card. Finish it off with a few Metallic Pearls.
*Note – Stampin’ Up! announce that the Purple Posy ink passed its last sample test and things are moving forward. They have placed orders with their manufacturer to begin producing the ink pads and refills. They do not know the timeframe when this ink will be available, but they will update again in September. In the meantime, if you must have this ink, you can purchase the In Color Markers to color your stamps. When I first started stamping I bought all the markers before I started to collect the ink pad because it was cheaper to get all the colors that way. I still use my markers especially with tiny sentiments as I find it easier to ink them up without getting ink on the edges and transferring to my card. I also like to coordinate colors when addressing envelopes I’ve stamped on the front. How do you use the Stampin’ Write Markers?
Many thanks for all the retirement wishes! I was thrilled to read many of you enjoy stamping in your retirement. It seems it was pretty close as to the favorite retirement card (vertical or horizontal) but horizontal won by a few votes! I also have another winner to announce, the winner of the “retirement” blog candy…..Judy! I realize we have 2 Judy’s who posted and rather than tell you which one was chosen by random.org I am going to send some retired goodies to both! So Judy, (and Judy) , please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) your address and I will put your blog candy in the mail! Congratulations!
Many thanks to everyone who took the time to comment! I do love reading each and every one!
I’d love for you to join me on my Stampin’ Up! journey! Get $56 in FREE products PLUS so much more!
EXTRA – GET BONUS PRODUCT! Get YOUR CHOICE of up to $155 in products for $99 (that’s $56 in free products, an additional $30 more than normal) and the kit ships FREE for another 10% savings. You can include products from any current Stampin’ Up! catalogs plus the holiday catalog. You also get a FREE Paper Pumpkin kit included in your kit (Another $20 savings)!
- EXTRA, EXTRA – GET A $10 COUPON! Those who purchase the kit and join Stampin’ Up! will be emailed a $10 coupon code the following month to redeem on an order placed by Oct. 31.
- ADD NEW HOLIDAY PRODUCTS TO THE KIT STARTING AUG. 1. Purchase the starter kit beginning August 1 and add new holiday products as part of your “up to $155 in products.” Holiday products will be an available category to add to the kit.
- SAVE 20% or more on personal demonstrator orders while you are active. You will have early access to the NEW Holiday Catalog and get to order new products!
- JOIN THROUGH ME! Whether you’d like to start a business or would simply like the great discount, I am here to support you along the way. When you join through me you become a member of the PALS team. You will have access to the PALS private Facebook Groups where we chat, share ideas, ask questions, showcase our creations, have monthly webinars, participate in stamping discussions, prizes, polls, resources, and friendship! You can choose to participate or just quietly lurk and take it all in. You will also have the opportunity to attend OnStage in November and get to meet the Stampin’ Up! family, get expert advice on running a successful business, and be the first to hear the latest Stampin’ Up! news. I would love to meet you at the event!
- JOIN RISK-FREE! There’s no obligation to host workshops or parties, sell products to others or personally purchase anything beyond the kit! There is no penalty if you decide to stop and you get to keep all of your starter kit goodies! You enjoy all the benefits and discounts your demonstrator status offers through at least January 31, 2020! Most demonstrators join for the discount, exclusive resources and to purchase primarily for themselves. You’ll fit right in!
- CLICK HERE to join.
Click Here for a few FAQs about being a demonstrator.
Email me (email@example.com) if you have any questions about the starter kit or joining Stampin’ Up!
Have a Super Day!
*Host Code Exclusive! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Please use the current host code below. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to shop. Don’t forget to Redeem those Bonus Days Coupons you earned in July!
August Host Code: 66CTYEGD
Product List (Click on any image to shop my online store.)
Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription service by Stampin’ Up! It is the perfect way to jump into the world of papercrafting and get your creative “me-time” every month. The kit includes all the stamps, ink, and paper you need to create a fun project, without any stress. Everything is precut and ready to go so you can skip to the fun part of crafting! Subscribers always have cards and cute gifts on hand for every occasion. Your first kit includes a free gift —a clear stamping block. You’ll also build a collection of stamps and ink to use on other projects. There’s no pressure—you can cancel or suspend at any time. Subscribe by the 10th of the month to get started!
Here’s some details about the August kit.
- The August kit includes 6 gift bags and 12 gift tags. To receive this kit you must subscribe by August 10. Click HERE to view a preview of the kit and see some samples of past kits.
- The Gift of Fall Add-On Bundle is a separate purchase for those who would like to convert their August Paper Pumpkin kit into cards.
- Once you have completed the August kit, you will have extra kit components so you can easily combine them with the add-on without having to purchase additional kits.
- The price for the add-on bundle is $10.00 and is available for Paper Pumpkin subscribers only. This add-on is available beginning August 1, while supplies last! If you are a Paper Pumpkin subscriber click on the image below to add this to your shopping cart! If you are new to Paper Pumpkin Click HERE to subscribe.
5 thoughts on “S is for Sympathy”
Love the dual stamping for the sentiment tag. Such a beautiful card. The DSP makes an elegant statement. TFS
Beautiful card and nice use of DSP. I agree….it is good to have sympathy cards on hand. Congrats to Judy and Judy!
So pretty and serene . Lovely colors and I like your sentiment on the image . I forget to do that !
We need to make a giant sympathy card for the people of El Paso and Dayton ! So so sad !!
This is a beautiful card.. I love the muted DSP… reminds me of Monet paintings… I am just catching up on my email and in the prior post I see you have decided to retire! Congratualtions… you will love it. I retired 3 years ago and have never regretted my decision. I am not doing what I actually planned on doing but God had other plans.. but I still do not regret my decision. The days just seem to fly by… doing what I want to do on my schedule rather someone else’s…
Enjoy your retirement!
Something is happening to my comments. Oh well, whatever. I love this sympathy card. I need to just make a few to keep on hand. I always say I will but then don’t. This paper makes it so easy. Love your stamping off for the sentiment. I just need to CASE this and be done.
Retirement, well I am just tired I tell people. I had to get out of the crazy place I worked at when we moved here. Then, nobody else wanted me. I guess I am more of a full time mom to Teddy. He seems to rule my schedule a lot of the time.