I made this card and gift card holder for my niece who is getting married in February. Her bridal shower was earlier this month and even though I was unable to attend, I wanted to make her something special. I used something “old” (Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits) and something “new”(products from the Falling in Love Suite: So in Love Stamp Set, So Detailed Thinlits Dies, Falling in Love Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Falling in Love Embellishments).
I made the card at the Stampin’ Up On Stage Convention earlier this month. We did several Make ‘n Takes using some of the new product that will be in the 2017 Occasions catalog. The Falling in Love Designer Series Paper features bokeh patterns-a blurred look created by out-of-focus, clustered shapes. I love the different patterns!
This suite is really gorgeous! You will be able to purchase the stamp set and dies as a bundle and save 10%.
I used the die to make a matching belly band for my gift card holder. I cut my die, wrapped it around my envelope, and adhered it to a 1 3/8 x 4 inch strip of Very Vanilla cardstock. I left it a little loose so it will be able to slide on and off. I stamped the flowers (to match the DSP) in Sweet Sugarplum ink on a piece of Very Vanilla that measures 2 5/8 x 3 3/4. I stamped the sentiment from the B.Y.O.P. Stamp Set in Sahara Sand ink and used the Sahara Sand marker to personalize the front of the gift card holder.
I love the way it all coordinates and makes a nice gift presentation.
Stamp Sets: So in Love, B.Y.O.P. Inks: Sweet Sugarplum, Sahara Sand (including marker) Papers: Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Falling in Love DSP Tools & Accessories: Gift Card Envelope & Trims Thinlits, So Detailed Thinlits Dies, Falling in Love Embellishments, Very Vanilla 1/4″ Satin Ribbon, Big Shot, Precision Base Plate, Die Brush
Here’s some Stampin’ Up! news with Something Old, Something New…
Something Old…TODAY is the LAST DAY that you can take advantage of the Stitched from the Heart 25% off opportunity that has been going on all month. There are some great stamps on sale! (Click on the image to view the stamp sets on sale.)
Something New…Starting tomorrow (Dec. 1), Stampin’ Up! will be offering up to 60% off on Year-End Closeouts. I’ll post more information tomorrow (once it becomes available) including a list of retiring holiday products (available while supplies last).
Here’s the details:
- Retiring List. Stampin’ Up! will release its “retiring list” of items in the Holiday Catalog on December 1st…the items that will no longer be available after they are sold out.
- Retiring stamp sets are guaranteed available until December 21, after which they will only be available while supplies last.
- Retiring accessories will only be available while supplies last.
- Retiring items will only be available while supplies last. All retiring items will be discontinued after January 3.
- Closeout Sale. Many of the retiring items and high-inventory items will be offered at a discount between December 1 and January 3.
Have a wonderful day!