Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for August 2016. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our new 2016 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects using our favorite Stampin’ Up! cutting tools. There are so many wonderful punches, framelits and edgelits available that help make papercrafting more detailed and fun! We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
I love the Detailed Floral Thinlits…They are so elegant and versatile! I purchased them as a bundle with the Floral Phrases Stamp Set and Saved 10%. Woo Hoo!
This card measures 4 1/2 x 4 1/4 and has a fun fold to it. I started out with a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of Night of Navy card stock and scored it at 4 1/2 and 9. I placed the floral thinlits die along the edge (just past the 9 inch score line) and Cut It Out using the Precision Base Plate and Big Shot. The die brush made it easy to remove the small pieces from the die.
I heat embossed Happy Birthday from Stylized Birthday Stamp Set using VersaMark, Gold Embossing Powder, and the Heat Tool. I love to heat emboss and chose gold to match the pretty bow paper clip embellishment which I used to keep my card closed. Next I cut a 4 1/4 x 3 inch piece of whisper white to match the die. I used the die to position my edgelit and secured it with a piece of washi tape then Cut It Out with the Big Shot. Perfect fit! I adhered it to my card using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
I added some White Perfect Accents and stamped the inside using the flower from Floral Phrases stamp set and the sentiment from Garden in Bloom stamp set. I thought this was the perfect sentiment for this special card.
A special card needs a special envelope and this custom envelope was a breeze to make. I simply trimmed 1/2 inch off each side of our standard envelope and sealed the sides with the Floral Boutique Designer Washi Tape. I stamped the same flower I used on the inside on the envelope flap and my envelope coordinates beautifully with my card.
Stamp Sets: Floral Phrases, Stylized Birthday, Garden in Bloom Ink: Night of Navy Papers: Night of Navy, Whisper White Tools & Accessories: Detailed Floral Thinlits, Precision Base Plate, Big Shot, Die Brush, Heat Tool, VersaMark, Gold Embossing Powder, White Perfect Accents, Bow Paper Clip Embellishments, Floral Boutique Designer Washi Tape, Multipupose Liquid Glue, Fast Fuse Adhesive
I hope you enjoyed all the photos. I am a “newbie” to blogging and this is my first Blog Hop. I would love it if you subscribed to my blog (just click the box on the right at the top) to receive email notifications when I post. Please feel free to leave a comment to let me know how you like this card.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Amy Hoptay at Craft Carnivore
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin Jackie
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Pam Dotts at Clearly Southern Stampin’
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine