I love to find unique gifts and enjoy making cards to coordinate. Today’s birthday card and bookmark is one I made for a friend who loves books and tea. The Cup of Tea Bundle and the “book binding” fun fold was the perfect choice for the occasion. I used some retired DSP (to coordinate with the gift). You can easily substitute a pattern from the Tea Boutique 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper or any from your “stash”.
Here are the dimensions to make this quick & easy book binding fun fold:
- Card Base (Cherry Cobbler): 11 X 4-1/4, score at 4 1/4 & 5 1/2
- Card Stock Layer (Basic Black): 4 x 4, 1 x 4
- Designer Series Paper (retired Sale-A-Bration): 3 7/8 x 3 7/8, 7/8 x 3 7/8
- Inside Layer (Basic White): 4 x 4
Adhere Tear & Tape (or other strong adhesive like Multipurpose Liquid Glue) along the 1 1/4 score line from the fold allowing the card to open like a book. I stamped the tea cup in Memento Black, the stems in Pear Pizzazz, the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler, then die cut each with the coordinating dies. The lemon is die cut from a scrap of Crushed Curry and the flowers I fussy cut from the DSP. I found the Novel Tea bags on Amazon…they are so cool as each one has a quote from a novel.
I like to let the card decorate the gift package. Simply adhere a clear envelope to the front of a bag and slide the card in. Add some tissue paper and it’s done!!!
I plan to use this quick & easy fun fold design to make cards for all my book club friends! Let’s have some fun….What’s the last book you read? I have been on a Taylor Jenkins Reid binge lately….Love her books! Just finished Daisy Jones and the Six (excited to watch the limited series coming out in March)! Also loved The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Malibu Rising and more!!!! Leave a comment below sharing a good book you’ve read lately for a chance to win some blog candy! I’m always looking for my next good read! I will pick a random winner to receive a gift in the mail from me.
Have a great day!
Shop and earn FREE products with your purchases during Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration event!! Order the Cup of Tea Bundle ($45.00) used on today’s card and add an adhesive refill or other small item and pick a FREE stamp set or Designer Series Paper Pack! *Click on the Sale-A-Bration brochure below.
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts when you use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Current Host Code: C744KKNU
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!
Receive a 2023 Calendar card from me with your online order!
Click on the images below to view the new Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure online!
I am still creating with the Flower & Field Designer Series Paper from Sale-A-Bration! I just love the colors and designs. Today’s project is for a friend’s birthday. I love how the poppies in this patterned paper coordinates with the Poppy Moments Dies.
I stamped the sentiment on the front and inside of the card using the Peaceful Moments stamp set. You can purchase the set as a bundle and save 10%! (And qualify to get the DSP for FREE!!!) I used Stampin’ Blends to color the poppies.
I even had the perfect gift to coordinate with my card.
I found this poppy mug & coaster set on clearance at Marshalls (before Covid). I picked up several to have to hand.
This card was so much fun to make. Here’s the measurements:
- Card Base (Poppy Parade): 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4 1/4
- Layer 1 (Basic Black) 4 x 5 1/4 cut 2 (1 for inside layer)
- Designer Series Paper Layer (Flower & Field): 3 3/4 x 5 Cut diagonally from point to point in both directions, 1/2 x 6 & 2 x 6 for envelope flap
- Basic White: 3 3/4 x 5 (inside layer), scrap to punch 2 1/4″ Circle
- Poppy Parade, Cherry Cobbler, Granny Apple Green: scraps to cut with Poppy Moments Dies
Just adhere the layers together and pop the sentiment layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love this Designer Series Paper so much!! You can view a showcase of my previous projects created with this paper HERE. I just placed another order today to stock up on some essentials (envelopes, Basic White cardstock, adhesive, & note cards) just so I could get another pack of this paper! If you love it like I do, you may want to do the same because it’s….
LAST CALL FOR SALE-A-BRATION!
Sale-A-Bration ends tomorrow, February 28th. To see the exclusive products you can earn this Sale-A-Bration season, browse our digital brochure HERE. Be sure to take a look at the coordinating products from the Annual Catalog and January—June 2021 Mini Catalog you can pair with your Sale-A-Bration steals!
The best deal that people miss out on during Sale-A-Bration is purchasing the Stampin’ UP! starter kit.
Sale-A-Bration is a great time to JOIN the fun and get the best deal of all!!!
- Choose $125 in Stampin’ Up! products (anything you want!) and pay only $99.
- FREE Shipping (10% savings!)
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit ($21 value)
- Save 20% or more off all future orders.
- Plus, you get five FREE packs of paper during Sale-A-Bration.…that’s over 200 sheets and a 67.00 value!
It’s only a few easy steps!
Click HERE to fill out the Starter Kit order form (let me know if you need any help). Then create another wish list of anything you want to buy at a 20% discount and get ready to place that first order!
FYI…Many people think they will have to do a workshop, or videos, or have a blog but you don’t! You can simply purchase the starter kit and enjoy being a discount shopper. If you choose to stay active, great. If not, you can enjoy all the awesome benefits and perks of being a demonstrator and part of the PALS community (for at least 4 months if you don’t place another order). There’s no obligation to do any demonstrator functions. I started out just wanting to get a discount and see what it was all about. It has evolved in to so much more! I have loved every part of this journey and the friends I have met along the way!
Email me (email@example.com) or call if you have questions or just want more information.
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: JH7CS4RG
Product List (Click on image to view in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in February:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- Chance to win the Punch Party Stamp Set. Anyone who orders this month will have their name entered in a drawing to win the Host only stamp set. Winner will be posted March 1st.
- FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice with every $50 (or $100) order!
- Mystery gift????
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials and a 3D Project featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $50 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! This month features the Pretty Perennials Bundle and includes a slimline card and custom envelope tutorial featured HERE. *Click on the image below to view in my online store.