Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my 10th anniversary as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator this month. I hope you are enjoying my 10 Days of Giveaways! Today is Day 5 and this card is all about my favorite things…
If you follow my blog you have probably learned a few things about me….
#1 – The beach is my happy place!!!
#2 – I live in Maryland on the eastern shore (Known for our blue crabs! Yum!)
#3 – I love embossing folders. (You get a big bang for your buck and they add wonderful texture and dimension to a card.)
Needless to say, I had to have the whole suite collection from By The Bay (found in the Mini Catalog)! I know I will get a lot of use from the Seaside Bay Bundle.
The coordinating By the Bay Specialty Designer Series Paper is just GORGEOUS!!!! I can’t wait to share more projects I’ve created with this paper!
The Seashells 3D Embossing Folder is not part of this suite but it is one of my favorites and it coordinates with the stamp set! (Click HERE to check out more projects I’ve created with embossing folder.)
Some details about today’s card..
- I sponged Shimmery White Ink (retired) on Balmy Blue Cardstock and let it dry before I embossed it with the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder. You can get a similar effect with Wink of Stella which I used on the crab.
- I stamped the crab with Night of Navy Ink then used the Wink of Stella brush to blend the ink on the crab.
- The Natural Finish Ribbon used on my card made my list of My Favorite Things from the Annual Catalog. I love that you can stamp the ribbon! (Click HERE to view another project I stamped the ribbon.)
- I also stamped the vellum with VersaMark and Sahara Sand ink then heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. I used the 2″ Circle Punch (found in the online exclusives) to punch the vellum. It’s a subtle look but adds an extra special touch to this card.
- The inside sentiment is from Happiness Abounds stamped in Night of Navy. I added some Faux Sea Glass in the sand (as that is something I love to comb the beach searching for).
This card is for my sister. Our birthdays are just 2 days apart and we always try to get together to celebrate. I am so excited that she is coming for a visit along with my daughter! Can you guess what I’m making for dinner?….Crab cakes of course!
The inspiration for today’s card came from one I created back in 2019 using the Magnolia 3D Embossing Folder (retired).
Have you seen the NEW Online Exclusive Embossing Folders? The three embossing folders in this pack have basic designs that complement any project. Choose from flowers, hobnail-glass dots, and crosshatch designs.
You won’t find these in any catalog. When you’re shopping online, make sure to check out the Online Exclusives. I was so excited to see that two of the circle punches have returned in the online exclusives! Woo Hoo!
To enter today’s prize drawing leave a comment sharing something you learned from following my blog. (I can’t wait to read these!!!) The winner will receive two of my favorite things…a 3D embossing folder and ribbon. I love using these on projects!
Have you created a birthday card for my card swap??? It’s part of my 10 Days of Giveaways. Everyone who participates gets two for one! Click HERE for all the details.
Have a great day!
Click HERE to Shop
Current Host Code: BQC9CMAR
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in March:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- 10 FREE Tutorials (in honor of my 10th anniversary as a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator) featuring the Hello, Irresistible Bundle when you purchase the bundle from me in March. You’ll have 10 project ideas to start creating right away! You will also receive a card kit to create one of the cards featured in the tutorial.*Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: BQC9CMAR
*Click on the image below to purchase.
- FREE Gift when you subscribe/renew your Paper Pumpkin subscription before March 10th. Click HERE to SUBSCRIBE.
- Mystery Box– This is a gift from me to you when you place a $100 order with me (before tax and shipping) using the host code. Mystery boxes are filled with retired Stampin’ Up! products like stamps, dies, paper, punches, accessories, and more. You’ll also receive a handmade party favor (in honor of my birthday this month).I am de-stashing my craft area and this is a way to celebrate and share my retired products with you!
Product List for Seaside Bay Card *Click on any image to shop my online store.
SPECIAL OFFER!!! Make sure you have the right “tools” for the job!
Click HERE for all the details about my Adhesive Tote.
I spent the weekend making valentines. It was so cold out even our sweet dog, Bo, didn’t want to go out! He is so funny…you have to practically drag him out the door when it’s cold or rainy. I bribe him with treats. My husband takes him walking when it’s cold out. (I am just like Bo and don’t want to go out and freeze! LOL)
Here’s a look at some of the valentine cards I made.
I love the sentiments in the Country Bouquet stamp set!!! This set can be used for all your valentines (friends, family, coworkers, etc.) I can see using “Just wanted to say…” all year long for many different occasions! This set has a lot of versatility and I knew I would be adding it to my collection.
The Country Bouquet Punch which is part of the bundle is backordered until mid April but I actually found I didn’t need it to create some pretty cards. I used the hearts from the Heart Punch Pack to punch from the beautiful Country Floral Lane Designer Series Paper. You could also stamp and fussy the hearts or cut the hearts from the DSP if you like. So many choices!
Each of my cards are a little different. The card base and layers are all the same. I played around with adding different elements. Here’s a close up of each card.
I love this petal pink ribbon. It is so soft and adds a wonderful texture to this card. I added a mint macaron leaf I punched from the Bough Punch.
I love using this nontraditional balmy blue for a valentine! The mini heart was stamped from the stamp set and cut out. My favorite piece on this card is the pretty scallop at the bottom from the Painted Labels Dies. There are so many great dies in that set which is why it is one of my favorite die sets!
For this card I used some of the hearts and leaves from the Designer Series Paper to embellish the front. I also added that pretty die again from the Painted labels Dies.
Here’s the basic details to make these cards.
Measurements & Details
- Cardbase (Balmy Blue, Sweet Sorbet, Petal Pink): 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Basic White layer: 3 3/4 x 5
- Country Floral Lane DSP: 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″
- Cardstock Layer: 2 3/4 x 3 1/2
- Basic White layer: 2 5/8 x 3 3/8 embossed (I used the retired Subtle embossing Folder)
- Additional cardstock and DSP to punch hearts and embellish
- Basic White strip: 1/2 x 4 to stamp sentiment and trim as desired
- Basic White: 4 x 5 1/4 for inside sentiment
*You can view the complete list of products used below.
Yesterday, I shared some Valentine Treats I made. If you missed that post you can view it HERE. These cards coordinate with the Valentine treats..
So which one is your favorite? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.
Have a great day!
Bo says, “Stay warm!”
Jeanie (& Bo)
Shop and earn FREE products with your purchases during Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration event (now through February 28th)! More products have been added to the Sale-A-Bration offering!
You can view ALL the Sale-A-Bration offerings HERE.
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts when you use the current host code. I’m giving away the Scenic Garden Host stamp set this month. I will draw one lucky winner March 1st. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Current Host Code: C744KKNU
You can purchase the products used to make today’s cards from my online store.
Click HERE to Shop 24/7 or click on the product images below.
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!
You could win the Scenic Garden Host Stamp set with any order from my online store in February! Winner will be posted March 1st.
Before I get to the blog candy winner I have another “book binding” fun fold card to share with you. I am hooked on this fun fold design and wanted to use it to make valentines for my book club members and friends.
I’m excited to be back with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge Design Team. You can look for a new challenge board every Thursday and I hope you’ll join the fun and create something using elements from the board. I’m on Team O; however, I’m playing along with Team X’s challenge board this week.
Can you guess which way I made Tic Tac Toe?
I used ALL the elements from this board to create Tic Tac Toe 8 different ways! That’s what I love about this challenge…it is so easy to pick 3 (or more) and create something!
I used one of my favorite die sets that carried over from the Holiday Mini Catalog, Cottage Wreaths Dies. (This set isn’t featured in the new catalog; however, it is still available online. *You can click on the product link below to view in my online store.) I combined the dies with the perfect sentiments from a new favorite stamp set, Country Bouquet. It had what I “just wanted to say”…
The floral patterned paper is from the Regency Park 6 x 6 Designer Series Paper and can be found in the new Jan- April Mini Catalog. From florals and polka dots to stripes and everything in between, you’ll love the options!
Here are the details to make this card:
- Card Base (Sweet Sorbet): 11 X 4-1/4, score at 4 1/4 & 5 1/2
- Cardstock Layer 1 (Petal Pink): 4 x 4, 1 x 4
- Designer Series Paper (Regency Park): 3 7/8 x 3 7/8, 7/8 x 3 7/8, 2 x 6 (for envelope flap)
- Cardstock Layer 2 (Sweet Sorbet): 3 x 3
- Cardstock Layer 3 (Basic White): 2 7/8 x 2 7/8 Cut with Stitched Greenery Die
- Wreath: 3 x 3 Sweet Sorbet & Petal Pink cut with Cottage Wreaths Die, Sweet Sorbet & Soft Succulent scraps to cut bow, and greenery, Basic White 1/2 x 2 3/4 to stamp sentiment in Sweet Sorbet Ink
- Petal Pink 3/8″ Soft Polyester Ribbon: 2 pieces cut at 2 1/2″ each and adhered behind sentiment
- Inside Layer (Basic White): 4 x 4
I added Heart Pearls around the wreath and a 2021-2023 In Color Opal Round to the center of the bow. I used Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the Die Cut layer and the sentiment.
My daughter is an avid reader and collects books. One of her goals is to have a large home library (She is well on her way!). Here is the card I made for her using a sentiment from Lovely You stamp set.
You can add just about any sentiment to this card to send to anyone! I love to customize and personalize each one! The wreath dies can be used all year long for many different occasions!
I LOVED reading all your comments and book suggestions the other day! My reading list has grown!! The winner of the blog candy surprise is ……. Margie Wight! Congratulations Margie!
Are you wondering what the surprise is?
An exclusive Stampin’ Up! “book” bag! It even has a pocket on the front for me to tuck in a “book binding” fun fold card. I’ve attended many Stampin’ Up! conventions over the years and received many bags. I hope you will enjoy it to carry your books, groceries, cards, stamp sets, etc. Email me (email@example.com) and I will put your gift and card in the mail.
Thanks so much to all who took the time to leave a comment and share your recent book reviews. If you missed that post (with another fun fold card & gift idea), you can view it HERE.
To check out what the design team members created using this weeks challenge board CLICK HERE. I hope your will get creative and enter this week’s tic tac toe challenge! You have until Thursday at noon CST to submit your entries. If you have questions or need help feel free to contact me!
Have a great day!
Shop and earn FREE products with your purchases during Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration event!! *Click on the Sale-A-Bration brochure below.
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts when you use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards!
Current Host Code: C744KKNU
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!
Receive a 2023 Calendar card from me with your online order!
Click on the images below to view the new Mini Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochure online!