Today is Sister Corda’s heavenly birthday. If you’ve been following my blog for awhile you’ve heard about Sister Corda! She was an amazing woman in so many ways! At 90 years old she was my oldest “Paper Pumpkin Player”, still made her delicious homemade candy to give to others, volunteered each week at the homeless shelter, helped out in my Pre-K classroom, walked daily, and was completely devoted to her faith. She taught for many years and made a difference in so many lives! If you couldn’t remember something, you’d ask Sister Corda…she had a mind like a steel trap! She was truly a blessing and had such an impact on me and my family!
I had the pleasure of introducing Sister Corda to card making. I still remember the excitement and joy on her face when she made her first card. She continued to have just as much joy with each and every card she made. She donated many of her cards to the nuns at the convent so they could share them with others. She followed my blog daily (and would have something to say if I missed a day or two). Often she would be waiting in my classroom in the morning with a list of items she needed or to show me something she created. I keep her photo in my craft room so we can still create together. She continues to influence my life and makes me strive to be the best person I can be.
Sister Corda loved Paper Pumpkin and enjoyed getting together each month to put our kits together. Her great niece, Liz Hott, reached out and wanted to donate a Paper Pumpkin kit in her aunt’s memory. What a sweet and generous offer to honor Sister Corda and her love of creating and sharing kindness!
If you haven’t heard already, Paper Pumpkin is our monthly One-Stop Box™ that offers a wide variety of unique papercrafting projects for subscribers of any skill level! These themed, all-inclusive craft kits encourage you to explore your creativity, try new techniques, and discover your potential in papercrafting.
December’s cute and cuddly Paper Pumpkin kit—called “Beary Comforting”—is designed to uplift your loved ones as this beary tough year finally comes to a close. After a year like 2020, we all could use a big bear hug! With the help of this bear-themed kit, you can create 12 unbearably cute cards featuring warm and fuzzy friends, sweet stamps, and meaningful messages. Near or far, send your friends and family the extra comfort, love, and encouragement they need with the December Paper Pumpkin kit!
ABOUT THE DECEMBER KIT – “Beary Comforting”
- Kit contains enough supplies to create 12 cards and coordinating envelopes.
- Card size: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Envelope size: 4-1/2″ x 5-3/4″
- Coordinating colors: Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Cinnamon Cider, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White
- To get the December kit the deadline to sign up is 12/10/20. Click HERE to get yours.
Please leave a comment below sharing an act of kindness you have done. (Yes, I am asking you to toot your own horn!!) Sharing your acts of kindness will inspire all of us with ideas that we can then share with others. Sometimes it’s the simplest of acts that can make a big difference (especially during these challenging times)! I will pick a random winner (using random.org) to gift a Free Paper Pumpkin kit in Sister Corda’s memory! (Thanks Liz for allowing me to share this gift with my blog followers!!!)
If you would like to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, Click HERE or purchase a prepaid subscription from my online store. (*See below.)
Have a Blessed Day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts. Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: BWGSSKXZ
Product List(Click on any image to purchase from my online store.)
Click HERE to shop my retired Stampin’ Up! SALE.
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in November:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials PLUS 3D Project Tutorial (shown HERE) featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! November tutorials feature the Poinsettia Petals Bundle.
- Poinsettia Petals card kit – Purchase the Poinsettia Petals Bundle and get a free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial. *Click on the image below to purchase.
Exclusive Tutorials FREE with Purchase (or as member of my team)
- Celebration Tidings – Purchase the Celebration Tidings Bundle and get 3 exclusive tutorials Plus an extra Bonus tutorial! Click HERE to see one of the cards included in the tutorials.
- Arrange A Wreath– Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Arrange A Wreath Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Celebrate Sunflowers – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Jar of Flowers – Get 3 exclusive card tutorials with the purchase of the Jar of Flowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!