Welcome to my ABC Holiday 2019 Series! Throughout this series I will be sharing all kinds of cards, gifts, and ideas to help make your holidays as easy as ABC! I love the sentiments, different fonts, and there’s even some inside greetings in the Itty Bitty Christmas Stamp Set! There’s something for every type of Christmas project, from tags to cards and more! I don’t know how they picked the name because there’s nothing itty bitty about the number of greetings in the Itty Bitty Christmas Stamp Set! See for yourself.
Several years ago a student of mine gave me a beautiful wreath. (I thought it was real!) I collect different sentiment ornaments to decorate my trees, mantel, and throughout our home. I even added a few on the wreath which provided the inspiration for today’s card. Here’s a picture of the wreath.
And here’s my card.
I stamped several sentiments from the Itty Bitty Christmas Stamp Set and fussy cut around them to decorate my wreath. I love the All-Around Wreath Dies and have cut them out in all different colors to play with! I chose Pretty Peacock and Old Olive for this wreath as I wanted to use the Old Olive/Pretty Peacock Reversible Ribbon. It has a sheen similar to the bow on my inspiration wreath. (Plus it’s just gorgeous!)
Here’s the details for today’s card:
Materials & Measurements
- Real Red card base: 4 1/4″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ for a square card
- Old Olive: 2 cut at 3 3/4 x 3 3/4, 4 x 4 to cut wreath, 1/4 x 6, scraps to cut 8 sprigs
- Whisper White: 2 cut at 3 5/8″ x 3 5/8″ scraps to stamp sentiments
- Pretty Peacock: 4 x 4 to cut wreath
- Soft Suede: scraps to cut 5 twigs
- Regals 6 x 6 DSP: Real Red 2 x 6 for envelope flap
- Pretty Peacock/Old Olive Reversible Ribbon: 18″
- Adhere the Whisper White to Old Olive and then adhere to front and inside of card.
- Cut wreaths in Old Olive and Pretty Peacock and adhere together (a little off centered) with a few Glue Dots. Adhere to Whisper White panel with a few more Glue Dots.
- Cut sprigs (from All-Around Wreath Dies) in Old Olive and twigs (from Flourish Dies) in Soft Suede.
- Tie a bow with ribbon and adhere to top of wreath with a Glue Dot.
- Stamp sentiments, fussy cut, and adhere around wreath with Glue Dots.
- Use liquid glue to tuck in sprigs and twigs around wreath.
- Add Red Rhinestones on twigs.
- Stamp sentiment in Real Red on inside card.
- This card will fit in a standard envelope to mail. To make a custom square envelope like mine, simply cut 1/2″ off each side of the standard envelope. Remove the inside scraps and add a thin line of liquid glue along the inside and seal closed. So simple! *Note- the post office does charge extra for square packages. I don’t do this all the time and let’s face it…this is a special card. It’s worth it!
- Adhere the Old Olive strip and DSP to the envelope flap and trim.
So, how do you think it compares to my inspiration?
I make (and sell) custom cards. If you would like to purchase this card (or any you see on my blog) email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). To order the supplies to make this card yourself just click on the images below.
This month I am offering 3 Exclusive card tutorials using the All Around Wreath Dies and coordinating stamp sets. You can get these tutorials FREE with a purchase of $40 or more from my online store. In addition, you will receive a handmade thank you card from me along with a card kit for any order each month! I love to make and send cards and I appreciate your support!
If you would like ideas how to use the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks (shown on page 35 in the Holiday catalog), I am offering a Class Kit To Go this month with photo tutorials to complete 4 cards (using each of the patterns). Click HERE for a sample and all the details.
Have a great day! I hope you find inspiration to create!
If you like this project and want to order the supplies needed to make it yourself, please visit my online store or click on the images below. For orders under $150 please use the host code. October Host Code: FG7M24JM
Orders of $40 or more receive EXCLUSIVE monthly tutorials (via email) featuring the Tidings All Around Bundle and the Seasonal Wreaths Stamp Set (Oct.)
Are you celebrating your birthday this month? I offer FREE shipping (and a birthday card) on any Stampin’ Up! product purchase of $50 or more placed through my online store during your birthday month (in addition to my monthly thank you gift!) Please use the current host code.