Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “It’s the Sentiment That Counts” – showcasing new or favorite sentiments as the focal point of their project. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Stampin’ Up! has so many great sentiments to choose from it was really hard to pick a favorite. Then inspiration hit me as I was decorating my home for fall.
I love the sentiments on this pillow (enough to buy two to sit on my dining room chairs). It really sums up how I feel! There’s inspiration everywhere! I love a challenge and decided to recreate this “sentimental” pillow for my card.
I used two stamp sets for my sentiments, To A Wild Rose and Country Home. This pop up fun fold design really showcases the sentiment layer and makes it the focal point. I used the Stamparatus and the new Delicata Golden Glitz Metallic Ink to stamp my sentiments. I stamped grateful twice, first in Golden Glitz then with Soft Suede so it would be darker like the pillow but I also wanted it to shine like the others.
It’s hard to see the shine in my photo but trust me, it’s there. I punched and cut the leaves from Gold Foil and glued them on before embossing the sentiment layer with the Subtle Embossing Folder to give it the look of fabric like the pillow. (Sometimes I do go a bit overboard when I’m trying to recreate the look; however, I really like how this turned out and probably wouldn’t have thought to do that if it wasn’t for my inspiration piece.)
You can stamp a message and/or write a note on the back of the card. The sentiment I used is from Country Home. This card can sit on a shelf or desk and folds flat to fit in an envelope.
Check back tomorrow for the tutorial how to make this fun fold card. You can use this design with other sentiments for many different occasions! Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss out on project ideas and more!
So what do you think…Did I get the look of my inspiration piece? Leave a comment below and let me know where you find inspiration.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 9, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share “My Favorite Season” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
Have a Blessed Day!
My project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!
Here’s the select papers included in the sale! Click on any image to shop on-line.