Welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month, the theme is Birthday Bash. We really hope that you enjoy and will be inspired by them! As you hop from blog to blog, we would appreciate your comments because we enjoy hearing from you. You will find the lineup at the end of my post to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
You may be wondering why I’m showcasing the Every Chapter Stamp Set for a Birthday Bash. Well, not only do I happen to love this stamp set, it is perfect for a friend’s birthday card, especially when gifting a book (or in today’s case, an awesome Blooming Books shaped puzzle).
I love to coordinate my cards and gifts! When I saw the Every Chapter stamp set in the Mini Catalog, I knew it was perfect for my book club friends and others who enjoy reading books as much as I do. I sent my friend her card and gift a “little-bit-late”. I used a combination of Positive Thoughts and the Happiest of Birthdays stamp sets on the inside of my card.
The Happiest of Birthdays has the best birthday sentiments! I love the different fonts!!
Today’s card is a slimline card. It costs the same to mail this size card and Stampin’ Up! has added slimline envelopes to their collection. Yea!!!!
These Slimline Envelopes are designed to be the perfect fit for your tall, slender greeting cards. They come in a pack of 15, 5 each of 3 colors: Smoky Slate, Soft Succulent, white.
I chose the colors for today’s card from the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper.
Polka dots, flowers, stripes, and more. Whatever type of pattern you need, you’ll find it in the Pattern Party Designer Series Paper. You can use these pattern staples in any season, for any occasion. This is available with your Stampin’ Rewards when you host or purchase a qualifying order. *During Sale-A-Bration (now through February 28th) you can earn even more FREE gifts with your order!
The floral pattern was a clear choice for today’s card to go with the “blooming books” puzzle. I colored the books with Stampin’ Blends to coordinate with colors in the patterned paper.
Here’s the details:
- Card Base (Flirty Flamingo): 8 1/2 x 7 1/2 scored at 3 3/4 (for a 3 3/4 x 8 1/2 card)
- Basic White: Cut 2 @ 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 to stamp books, 3 1/2 x 8 1/4 (inside)
- Designer Series Paper: cut 4 @ 3 1/2 x 1 3/4
- Flirty Flamingo Cardstock: cut 4 @ 1/4 x 3 1/2
I decided to step up this card by stamping the book image twice and fussy cut. I adhered the bottom 3 books with Stampin’ Dimensionals to give it some depth. I also added a piece of ribbon for the bookmark and some Basic Rhinestone Jewels on the glasses.
I stamped the image in Versamark and heat embossed with Black Embossing powder. It smeared a little bit but I think it gives it a “worn” book effect like a well loved novel. (*You should stamp in Memento Ink when coloring with Stampin’ Blends.)
You can view the complete list of products for today’s project below.
Enjoy a free gift with each $50 or $100 order – no limits – so many gorgeous gifts available OR you can join Stampin’ Up! and get TWO FREE STAMP SETS!
More inspiration awaits, so use the lineup below to visit the rest of the Design Team. The Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Then, please mark your calendars for our next blog hop on March 9th. Our theme will be Cute Critters where our Design Team creates a project with any kind of animals, birds, butterflies or insects.
Until then, have fun in your craft space.
Stampin’ Pretty Pals Blog Hop
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jill Loveland at Simple Stamping
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’ ***You are Here
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Megan Cooper at Lazy Daze Stampin’
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Amanda Howard at Papercrafting With Amanda
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps INK
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
Have a great day!
Product List for Slimline Birthday Card (Click on images below to view online.)