Welcome to my ABC Holiday 2019 Series! Throughout this series I will be sharing all kinds of cards, gifts, and ideas to help make your holidays as easy as ABC! Today I’m showcasing a fun fold card featuring the Feels Like Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper. This gorgeous designer paper captures the wonder of winter.
The Feels Like Frost Specialty 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper features photographic imagery on one side and hand-drawn designs with silver foil on the other side. Click on the video below to see a close up of each of the 12 different designs.
This specialty paper makes a statement all on it’s own. This simple fun fold design allows it to do just that!
Here’s the details to make this simple fun fold card…
Materials & Measurements
- Night of Navy card base: 4 1/4″ x 8″, scored at 1 1/4, 2 1/2, 5 1/2, 6 3/4; Scrap to die cut deer, 1/4″ x 6″ for envelope flap.
- Feels Like Frost 6″ x 6″DSP: cut 2″ x 6″ from top (for envelope), cut 1″ x 4″, 2 3/4 x 4″, 1″ x 4″ *See photo above. Keep the pattern in order when you adhere it to the card base.
- Whisper White card stock: 2 3/4″ x 4″ to stamp sentiment on the back.
- Fold and burnish score lines going back and forth to create fun fold design.
- Adhere DSP on the first, third, and last panel. *Make sure the pattern in is order.
- Stamp the sentiment from Merry Christmas To All (Ink first in Versamark then with Night of Navy ink) and heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Cut deer from Detailed Deer Dies and adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Clear Wink of Stella to the trees/DSP. *It’s hard to see in the photo but it really adds sparkle to the card.
- Stamp sentiment on Whisper White and adhere to the back.
- Adhere Navy strip and DSP to the envelope flap and trim to fit.
I love how this card turned out! It was really quick & easy to create. The bold sentiment from the Merry Christmas To All stamp set (from the annual catalog) works well with the gorgeous Feels Like Frost DSP! I added the deer for my sister. She recently moved to Charlottesville, Virginia and this reminds me of her backyard. She loves to start and end her day sitting outside feeding the deer. Here’s a picture from my recent visit.
I imagine this winter her backyard will look very much like my card! The calendar says it’s Fall but it still feels like Summer in Maryland! I like the four seasons; however, I love summer and fall most of all. Winter will be here before we know it! What’s your favorite season?
If you like this style card, you can click HERE to view another card I created using this fun fold design.
Have a wonderful day!
You can purchase any of the products I used to create this card from my online store. Click HERE or on the images below to shop!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! September Host Code: NDE26TXR
Orders of $40 or more receive EXCLUSIVE monthly tutorials (via email) featuring the Stamp of the Month, Gather Together (Sept.). Click HERE for more details.
Product List (Click on image to shop my online store.)
Only 5 days left to take advantage of the DSP Sale, BUY 3, GET 1 FREE!
Click HERE to print FREE Designer Series Paper Color Coordinating Chart
Click HERE to shop Clearance Rack. New updates up to 60% off!