Hello Stamping Friends! How are you doing? I know this is a stressful time for everyone and I am so thankful for my stamping business! Some days I feel like my “creative therapy”, friends & family, are the only things keeping me sane! We have not been able to buy toilet paper in the last 7 weeks even though it has been on our pick up order every week! I finally found some to order online; however, it never arrived! Enough about that! Let’s get on with today’s project.
I have several friends with upcoming birthdays and I wanted to make them a special card. I love fun fold cards and couldn’t wait to try this new fun fold I learned from Ronda Wade. It’s called a Stand Up Card. You can see how it got it’s name.
Here’s the details to make a Stand Up Card:
- Card Base (Mint Macaron): 4 1/4 x 11, scrap to cut scalloped circle from Layering Circle Dies
- DSP Panels (from Ornate Garden): Cut 2 @ 7/8 x 4 3/8, cut 1 @ 2 1/8 x 4 3/8
- Whisper White: 7/8 x 4 1/8 strip for the bottom, 4 x 4 1/4 for the back, scrap to stamp and cut with Stitched Shapes Die
- Score the card base at 4 1/2 (*This will be the only full score you make.)
- Flip the cardstock and place the longer side of the card base in the trimmer and line up the left side at the 2 inch mark. Score from the top of the card down to the 1″ mark. Then score from 3 1/4″ mark to the bottom of the card.
- Line up the card along the 1″ mark in the trimmer. And repeat the same scores…Score from the top of the card down to the 1″ mark. Then score from the 3 1/4″ mark to the bottom of the card. *You will have 2- 1″ score lines at the top and 2- 1″ score lines at the bottom of the card.
- Put the 4 1/4 side in the trimmer and line up at 1″ on the left. Cut from the 1″ score line at the bottom to the full score line above.
- Line up the card at 1″ on the right side of the blade. Cut from the 1″ score line at the bottom to the full score line above.
- Next you need to score between the cut lines at 1″ from the score line at top of the card. The easy way to do this is to line up the card base at 5 1/2″ on the trimmer. *The full score line will be at the 1″ mark. Then score between the cut lines.
- Fold and burnish along the full score line. Your card should look like this.
- Then lift between the cut lines and fold the top score line back. The bottom scores will fold back and forward. Burnish all score lines with a bone folder.
- Adhere Designer Series Paper strips to the front of the card as shown.
- Stamp sentiment from Peaceful Moments on Whisper White strip with Early Espresso Ink and adhere to the bottom of the card. Stamp daisy from Daisy Lane in Soft Suede Ink, stamping off once. Stamp Happy Birthday in Early Espresso ink above the daisy and cut out with the Stitched Shapes Circle Die.
- Color the center of the daisy with Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend and adhere to Layered Circle. Adhere to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment and daisy on Whisper White panel and adhere on the back.
- Wrap Mint Macaron ribbon around the center panel and tie a bow.
- Decorate the envelope flap with 1/4 strip of Mint Macaron and 2 x 6 piece of DSP and trim to cut off excess.
I am loving the new Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper! I also love how the daisy prints coordinate so well with the Daisy Lane Stamp set and matching punches!
Today is my friend Jill’s birthday. (I’d love for you to leave a comment below and wish Jill a Happy Birthday!) I made another version of this fun fold card for her. She really loves bees and even has a bee tattoo. I think she will like this card!
I had fun stamping the back of the card too! There’s still plenty of room to add a personal note.
The Honey Bee Stamp Set and Detailed Dies I used to create this card for Jill is retiring! Yesterday I shared my Retiring Special Offer….you can get my Honey Bee exclusive tutorials, a card kit, and a sample of 6 X 6 Golden Honey Specialty Designer Series Paper with the purchase of this bundle from my online store. If you’ve been thinking about getting this bundle, don’t wait any longer. Click HERE for more details.
Do you have a favorite today? Leave a comment below. I love hearing from you!
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits, tutorials, and more! * See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop.
Host Code: 2AP6B4WM
Product List (Click on the image to view in my online store.)
Click HERE to Shop Last-Chance Products *Some retiring items are discounted! They are Available While Supplies Last!
*Note…The Stampin’ Blends are NOT retiring; however, they will only be available in Combo Packs in the new Annual Catalog in June.
Click to Shop Clearance Rack
Click HERE to Shop the 2018-2020 Retiring In Colors
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in April:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- FREE fun fold pocket card tutorial (featured HERE) with the Ornate Garden “Suite Product Share”.
- 3 FREE exclusive card tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! April tutorials feature the Ornate Garden Suite (Check it out HERE). *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: 2AP6B4WM
- Bonus– Free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial if you purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Free Gift – Mini Notebook (featuring the Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper) with an order of $50 or more (before tax & shipping).
Click HERE to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin to receive the May 2020 Paper Pumpkin kit featuring 12 cards and the new In Colors!
Coordinating Colors: Bumblebee, Just Jade, Magenta Madness, Misty Moonlight, Pumpkin Pie, and Purple Posy