Yesterday I posted a double Z fun fold card featuring the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. Here’s another look at that card. (*You can click HERE if you would like to view the original post.)
I love the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle! This bundle is one of My Favorite Things from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog! You can see all of My Favorite Things HERE. Today I have another version of this Double Z-Fold card to share with you.
Whenever I make a card I like to try different things so I usually end up with more than one. One difference in the two cards is obviously the colors. I used different patterns from the Flowers For Every Season Designer Series Paper and cardstock to coordinate. I love the new In Colors and can’t decide which is my favorite, Misty Moonlight or Just Jade. Another difference in my cards is the sunflower. I cut the sunflower on the Misty Moonlight card from patterned DSP. For the Just Jade card I stamped the sunflower with So Saffron ink on Bumblebee cardstock. What do you think? Do you have a preference?
Here’s the details to make this card:
- Card Base (Misty Moonlight or Just Jade): 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2 and 8 1/4
- Second Z-fold layer (Cinnamon Cider): 3 1/4 x 10 scored at 2 3/4 and 5 1/2
- Embossed layers (Cinnamon Cider): 3 1/8 x 4 3/8 for top panel, 2 pieces 3 1/8 x 2 5/8 for bottom 2 panels
- DSP strips (Flowers For Every Season): 1 x 4 3/8 for top panel, 2 pieces 1 x 2 5/8 for bottom 2 panels
- Bumblebee cardstock: 2 pieces 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 to cut sunflower layers (or cut 1 from DSP for bottom layer)
- scraps of Just Jade (to stamp and cut 4 leaves), Cinnamon Cider (to stamp and cut center of sunflower), and Whisper White (to stamp sentiments with Bumblebee Ink)
- Just Jade Ribbon : 8 1/2″
- Fold and burnish score lines.
- Emboss the 3 Cinnamon Cider layers with Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder. (*I have an older retired brick embossing folder so I embossed it first with the Tasetful Textile embossing folder then ran it through the Big Shot again with the Brick embossing folder to achieve the textured look you would get with the newer EF.)
- Sponge the brick using a sponge dauber and the Cinnamon Cider Classic Ink Pad.
- Adhere the embossed brick pieces to the Cinnamon Cider Z fold base.
- Adhere the DSP strips to the brick layers.
- Adhere Tear & Tape to the back of the ribbon. Peel and adhere to the brick and secure on the back the piece at the bottom.
- Adhere the Z fold layers. The easiest way to assemble is to line up the top first so it is centered. Then lift the top and add multipurpose glue and secure it down. The bottom piece gets glue all over the back then just close the card on top.
- Stamp sunflower on Bumblebee cardstock with So Saffron Ink and cut with sunflower outline die. (Or cut DSP with die.)
- Cut an adhesive sheet 3 3/4 x 3 3/4 and adhere to Bumblebee cardstock. Cut out detailed sunflower (top layer).
- Peel and adhere detailed sunflower to sunflower layer. *if you do not have adhesive sheets you can use multipurpose liquid glue and a sponge dauber to apply glue to back of detailed die.
- Stamp sunflower on Cinnamon Cider cardstock with Cinnamon Cider ink and cut out with die. Snip petals off and adhere to center of sunflower.
- Stamp 4 leaves on Just Jade cardstock with Just Jade ink and cut with leaf die.
- Adhere sunflower to card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere leaves with glue dots.
- Stamp sentiments on Whisper White with Bumblebee Ink and cut with paper snips, dies or punch. Adhere to card.
Can you spot any other differences? (This reminds me of those pictures in Highlights magazines from the doctors office when I was little! I loved doing those!) Which one do you prefer? I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.
Don’t forget to decorate your envelopes to coordinate! There are so many different ways to do that…stamp, emboss, add DSP. How do you dress up your envelopes?
I am having so much fun with this stamp set and dies! I am featuring the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle in my Monthly Tutorials for July. You can get 3 exclusive card tutorials with any purchase of $40 or more from my online store! You will also receive one of the cards included in the tutorial (pictured below) as my thank you card for ordering from me!
July is also BONUS DAYS which means you earn a $5 coupon for every $50 you order! *See the details below!
Do you like to receive card kits and tutorials in the mail? Sign up for my Just Stampin’ Card Kit and 3 D Project Buffet to go! Click HERE for details!
Have a great day! Stay Safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits, tutorials, treats, and more! * See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop.
July Host Code: MB9R99YU
Product List for Celebrate Sunflowers Fun Fold Card (Save 10% when you purchase the bundle!)
EARN BONUS DAYS COUPONS IN JULY – For every $50 you spend July 1 – August 3, 2020 (before shipping and tax), you earn a $5 Bonus Days coupon code that can be redeemed August 4 – 31 2020.
- EARN July 1 – August 3, 2020
- For every $50 you spend (before shipping and tax), you’ll get a $5 Bonus Days coupon that you can use August 4-31, 2020.
- There is no limit to how many coupons you can earn, so shop all month-long!
- An email address is required to receive Bonus Days coupon codes.
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are the things you can expect in addition to BONUS DAYS COUPONS when you place an online order with me in July:
- Handmade thank you card (featured HERE) in the mail with any order.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $40 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! July tutorials feature the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle. *Remember to add the current host code when you check out. Current Host Code: MB9R99Y
- Free card kit – Purchase the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle and get a free card kit to make one of the cards featured in the tutorial. *Click on the image below to purchase.
FREE Tutorials with Purchase (Please remember to add the host code!)
- Jar of Flowers – Get 3 exclusive card tutorials with the purchase of the Jar of Flowers Bundle. (Click HERE to view one of the cards included in the tutorials.)
- Ornate Garden – Purchase the Ornate Styles Bundle or Ornate Thanks Bundle and receive 3 exclusive card tutorials. If you purchase both the Ornate Styles Bundle and Ornate Thanks Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
- Timeless Tulips – Get 3 Exclusive Card Tutorials PLUS my 3D Tulip Treats Tutorial (Click HERE to view tulip treats) with the purchase of the Timeless Tulips Bundle!
- So Sentimental – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the So Sentimental Bundle.
- Peaceful Poppies – Get 3 exclusive tutorials with the purchase of the Painted Poppies Bundle or the Peaceful Moments Bundle. If you purchase both the Painted Poppies Bundle and the Peaceful Moments Bundle I will send you all three kits to create each of the cards featured in the tutorials!
Product List (Click on the image to purchase in my online store.)