Yesterday I shared a fun fold pop up card for the Pals Blog Hop. I have lots of photos to share with you in today’s tutorial so you can make one too! This pop up card is much easier to make than it looks and it really is fun! I can’t wait to make more!
Here’s the Details…
Materials & Measurements
- Old Olive card base: 4 1/4″ x 8 3/8″, scored on the long side at 3/8″, 1 3/8″, 2 7/8″, 3 7/8″.
- Old Olive DSP from Regals 6 x 6 DSP: 4″ x 4 1/4″, 2″ x 6″ for envelope flap
- Pressed Petals DSP: 3″ x 4 7/8″, scored on the long side at 3/8″ and 1 3/8″, 4 1/8″ x 4 3/8″ for back layer, 1/4″ x 6″ for envelope
- Very Vanilla stamped panels: 2 3/4″ x 3 1/4″ (front), 4″ x 4 1/4″ (back)
- Gold Foil: scraps to punch leaves (Leaf punch and Every Season Punch Pack) and cut die (Botanical Tags)
- Gold Metallic-Edge Ribbon: 14″
- Fold and burnish score lines using a bone folder. Fold Old Olive cardstock forward, fold Pressed Petals DSP back
- Adhere Old Olive DSP to the Old Olive card base.
- Put Tear & Tape (or other strong adhesive such as Multipurpose Liquid Glue) along the 3/8″ score line. Fold up from 2nd score line and adhere.
- Stamp sentiments on Very Vanilla cardstock with Golden Glitz Metallic Ink and Soft Suede. (I masked sentiments from Country Home and To A Wild Rose Stamp Sets.)
- Punch and die cut leaves from Gold Foil using Leaf Punch, leaf from Every Season Punch Pack, and die from Botanical Tags Dies. Adhere to Very Vanilla panel.
- Emboss sentiment layer with Subtle Embossing Folder for a linen look. Adhere to Pressed Petals DSP.
- Add adhesive along 3/8″ strip of DSP panel and along bottom of card base. To adhere to card base: Fold card base flat, center bottom of DSP along bottom of card base and adhere. Then fold adhesive on top of DSP down and adhere to card base.
- Stamp sentiment for back of card on Very Vanilla. *Tip: For an easy masking technique when you want to stamp 2 colors, use the Stamparatus and a sticky note. First I stamped the sentiment in Golden Glitz Metallic Ink on to my cardstock. I covered the words I didn’t want to stamp with a sticky note then inked my stamp again with Soft Suede and stamped. So easy!
- Add leaf die above sentiment and adhere to DSP layer and to the back of card base.
- Wrap ribbon around DSP on front of card and tie a bow on top.
- Adhere DSP to envelope flap to coordinate.
I hope you will give this fun fold a try! Each month I include a fun fold card in my “Just Stampin’ Card Kit and 3D Project Buffet To Go”! Would you like to receive my kit in the mail? My “Kit Buffet TO GO!” is intended to make it easy for you to be able to see and try out different products while being able to substitute different stamps you already have. You don’t have to worry about having coordinating designer series paper to go with the cardstock, the right color ribbon to match, or other embellishments…everything is in the kit! You just need to stamp and adhere.
Just Stampin’ Kit Buffet TO GO cost: $12 (plus $3 to cover shipping and handling)
Here’s how you can reserve your seat at the buffet table:
Email me (email@example.com) with “Just Stampin’ Kit Buffet” in the subject line. *Make sure you include your mailing address! Then send payment through PayPal. To do this, go to paypal.com, sign in or register for an account, click “Send” and fill in my email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click “next”, then “Send to a Friend,” fill in the amount ($15 which includes shipping), and Continue. If you do not use PayPal, you may send me a check. I sold out the last 3 months so don’t wait to order! (To read what others are saying about my monthly card kits, click HERE.)
Just Stampin’ Buffet TO GO Kits include:
- Pre-cut supplies for four projects (3 cards and a 3D project). *Stamped images not included, in accordance with Stampin’ Up! policy.
- Envelopes for non 3D projects
- Pre-punched items and/or die cuts and textured embossed
- Ribbon and/or embellishments
- Photo Tutorial and directions to complete each project (sent via email)
Orders need to be placed by September 24th. I will email you when your kit is shipped (on or before September 30th) and will include the directions to put your kit together.
Have a great day!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (card kits and more!). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to shop.
*Orders of $40 or more receive EXCLUSIVE monthly tutorials (via email) featuring the Stamp of the Month, Gather Together (Sept.). Click HERE for more details.
September Host Code: NDE26TXR
Project supply list. Click products to shop on-line!
Here’s the select papers included in the sale! Click on any image to shop on-line.
Click HERE to view and print the DSP FLYER