Yesterday I shared a Sweet Strawberry berry basket. Today’s flavor is a blueberry version.
If you missed yesterday’s post all about the Sweet Strawberry basket you can view it HERE. Today I’m focusing on the blueberry basket which holds some delicious blueberry jam.
I used the Berry Blessings Bundle from Sale-A-Bration. This is My Favorite Sale-A-Bration item! You get the Berry Blessings Stamp Set and the Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper for FREE with an online order of $100 or more.
I have been creating so many fun projects with this bundle. I love the juicy paper designs and “wishing you the berry best” sentiment I used on the coordinating card.
The gift card is a 3 x 6 piece of Pacific Point scored at 3″. I cut a 2 3/4 Basic White square and stamped the sentiment along the bottom with Pacific Point ink. I added a 2 3/4″ x 2″ piece of the Berry Delightful Designer Series Paper and wrapped some navy ribbon (from the Playing with Patterns Ribbon Combo Pack) around and tied a bow. I adhered this layer to the card base. This little gift card can fit in the basket with the jam.
I made a coordinating card for the strawberry version as well.
The dimensions for the strawberry card are the same except I added a 1/2 x 2 3/4 strip of DSP along with a punched flower like the tag on the jar of jam. Are you wondering where I got the twine? It’s actually white and is found in the Snail Mail Twine Combo Pack. Here’s today’s TIP…Use Stampin’ Blends to color the white twine any color you want! I used the Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blend to color it to coordinate. I am thrilled Stampin’ Up! brought the twine back. Now you can make any color you want with some white twine and Stampin’ Blends!
As promised, here’s the details to make the berry basket:
Berry Basket Tutorial
- Cardstock Base: 3 x 9 and 2 3/4 x 9 – score each at 3 and 6.
- Cardstock rim: 1 x 9 and 1 x 4 1/4 – score each down the middle at 1/2
- DSP (Berry Delightful)): cut 2 pieces 3 x 3, cut 2 pieces 2 3/4 x 3
- Fold and burnish the cardstock pieces.
- Layer the 2 3/4 x 9 piece across the middle of the 3 x 9 piece to form a cross. Adhere with Liquid Glue in the center.
- Turn over and adhere designer series paper to each panel. *Make sure the pattern is facing the right direction when the sides are pulled up.
- Use a bone folder to curl the strips to break up the fibers. Add liquid glue on each side of the score line.
- Start in the back and using the smaller strip fold over the back piece and join the two sides together leaving a little gap between.
- Use the long strip and start along the side overlapping the back piece and adhere the front and side pieces to form the basket.
*This basket was made to fit the Stonewall Kitchen jars. You can alter the dimensions for any size jar. The Wild Maine Blueberry Jam from Stonewall Kitchen is the closest to homemade I’ve found!
This gift set is for a friend of mine who loves blueberry jam on her morning bagel! Prior to the pandemic she would come visit often and stay a few days each time. I always had this blueberry jam for her. I really miss her visits and wanted to let her know I’m thinking of her!
Which is your favorite flavor, strawberry or blueberry?
Have a great day! Stay safe! Stay well!
Host Code Exclusive Offer! All orders placed through my online store are eligible for my FREE monthly gifts (*See Rewards below). Please use the current host code. *If your order is $150 or more, do not use this code as You become the hostess and get the Rewards! Click HERE to Shop!
Current Host Code: F6T4NBMT
Product List (Click on image to view in my online store.)
Just Stampin’ Rewards
I appreciate each and every order! Here are some of the things you can expect when you place an online order with me in January:
- Handmade thank you card in the mail with any order.
- Chance to win the Punch Party Stamp Set. Anyone who orders this month will have their name entered in a drawing to win the Host only stamp set. Winner will be posted February 1st.
- FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice with every $50 (or $100) order!
- Lots of Heart treat holder kit – Purchase $50 or more (before tax & shipping) and get a free kit to make the treat holder featured HERE.
- 3 FREE Exclusive Tutorials PLUS 3D Project Tutorial featuring the stamp/bundle of the month when you order $50 or more (before tax & shipping). New tutorials every month! January tutorials feature the Lots of Heart Bundle. *Click on the image below to view in my online store.
JOIN MY TEAM!!! *Check out some of the benefits and perks below!
Sale-A-Bration is a great time to JOIN the fun and get the best deal of all!!!
- Choose $125 in Stampin’ Up! products (anything you want!) and pay only $99.
- FREE Shipping (10% savings!)
- FREE Paper Pumpkin Kit ($21 value)
- Save 20% or more off all future orders.
- Plus, you get five FREE packs of paper during Sale-A-Bration.…that’s over 200 sheets and a 67.00 value!
There are so many benefits to being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator! The 20% (plus more) discount on all future purchases is most people’s favorite reason. Another favorite perk is pre-ordering NEW product before everyone else.
- Access to my exclusive monthly tutorials and more!
- Direct access to demonstrator only websites & FB groups with TONS of project sharing you won’t see anywhere else.
- Exclusive access to the PALS Facebook groups where we chat, ask advice, share ideas, etc.
- Access to tons of inspiration in our private Facebook Gallery.
- Monthly team meetings, catalog parties, challenges, prize giveaways, and more!
- Optional business training if you want to sell or hold classes.
There’s something for everyone…you choose if and when you want to participate (or not). I could go on and on…joining is one of the best decisions I’ve made! Contact me for more information (email@example.com) and we can set up a time to chat. No pressure! I love what I do and would love to share it with you!
Click HERE to fill out the Starter Kit order form (let me know if you need any help). Then create another wish list of anything you want to buy at a 20% discount and get ready to place that first order!
13 thoughts on “Berry Blessings Berry Basket Tutorial”
I’m a blueberry lover in any form but I’ve never tried the Stonewall Kitchens one. Thanks for the directions for the adorable baskets and matching cards. You are the Queen of the 3-D gifts.
If I can’t have homemade, Stonewall Kitchen is the next best thing! I always have their Red Pepper Jelly on hand for entertaining. It’s great with cheese and crackers!!
Love those berry baskets😃You are very creative
Thanks! Wish I could have made the trip and brought you some this week!!!!
Some things require strawberry jam and some things require blueberry in my book. Both of your gift baskets are berry great! Talk about yum factor! I think I am “picking” the strawberry card just a bit better with the strip of the seed paper and the twine. Why didn’t I think about coloring the twine? Either way Jeanie you are crushing these.
THanks Chris! I agree that both kinds of jams are yummy on different things!
Can`t wait to try these jams ! Plus try my hand at these adorable baskets ! You made the instructions so simple I think I just might be able to make one without getting frustrated ! I thought it would be harder to put together ! YAY !!
Thank you !
Oh Sonny, you know me…it has to be simple! We used to have a berry basket die years ago. I think that one went together in 3 pieces. I was determined to make this quick & easy! LOL
Love this set, mine arrives Monday and I can hardly wait to create with it!
Jeanie, these are AMAZNG! How sweet and just perfect for a little hostess gift. I can’t wait to try these! TFS
These are adorable! I can’t wait to try making these! Thank you for sharing the directions!
These little baskets are adorable! Where did you find the tiny jars of jam?
I have been using the Stonewall Farms Sour Cherry jam for years. Not cheap, but it’s worth every penny?!